Metal Storm logo
Blackmore's Night - New Song Available For Streaming

Last month, Ritchie Blackmore and Candice Night Blackmore's Night announced the details of their upcoming new album Dancer And The Moon and now the band has premiered its first single "The Moon Is Shining (Somewhere Over The Sea)" as a foretaste of the opus which comes out in June. You can enjoy the new song at this location.

"The Moon Is Shining (Somewhere Over The Sea)" is "based on an old folk Czech melody which Candice and I thought were very melodic and haunting" says Ritchie Blackmore. "We adapted and arranged to suit more of a rock structure. We also played it as a ballad as it was originally intended. We asked several of our Czech friends what it was called but they couldn't tell us, so it remains a mystery."

The new album drops on June 11th in North America and June 14th in Europe via Frontiers Records. You can find more details about it here.

Single artwork

Dancer And The Moon tracklist:

01. I Think It's Going To Rain Today [Randy Newman cover]
02. Troika
03. The Last Leaf
04. Lady In Black [Uriah Heep cover]
05. Minstrels In The Hall
06. The Temple Of The King [Rainbow cover]
07. Dancer And The Moon
08. Galliard
09. The Ashgrove
10. Somewhere Over The Sea (The Moon Is Shining)
11. The Moon Is Shining (Somewhere Over The Sea)
12. The Spinner's Tale
13. Carry On... Jon

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Blackmore's Night
Posted: 18.05.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 105 users
18.05.2013 - 13:41
AndMetalForAll
kual21
I like the track a lot, very "rocky" with a lot of guitar in it...
----
greets,
kual21
18.05.2013 - 15:34
PocketMetal

This band is always fun to listen to , not life-changing or anything but I'll be sure to give them a listen .
18.05.2013 - 17:49
Jeeers

Simple and catchy song. I kinda liked it.
19.05.2013 - 01:34
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
My parents love this band.
----
(space for rent)
12.06.2013 - 08:40
theembryo

Nice video from Blackmore's Night of 'The Moon Is Shining (Somewhere over the Sea)'

Candice looks and sounds great, would like to hear more guitar..... Only one track though, perhaps other tracks will provide.

Hits total: 2367 | This month: 3