Metal Storm logo
Amon Amarth - Streaming New Song, Documentary Part I Online

Want to listen to another song from Amon Amarth's upcoming album Deceiver Of The Gods? Sure thing. You can listen to the brand new song called "Shape Shifter" which has premiered exclusively over here. But that is not all. You can also watch the first part of the band's mini documentary Forging Mjölnir at this location provided you login with your Facebook account. Forging Mjölnir was filmed and directed by Luke Daley to celebrate the imminent release of their ninth studio album.

The new album drops in North America via Metal Blade Records on June 25th, in Europe on June 21st/24th and Japan on June 26th. The album's title track "Deceiver Of The Gods" is still available for streaming here if you feel like listening to it again.

[Also thanks to Bad English for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Amon Amarth
Posted: 29.05.2013 by HaaskAksaaH

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 303 users
29.05.2013 - 13:27
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Very very unsurprising song. Nothing at all unexpected about this. Sounds just like everything else that comes out of Amon Amarth: decent quality, not too shabby, but far from mind blowing.
----
29.05.2013 - 13:53
OpenMind

Typical Amon Amarth song
29.05.2013 - 14:33
Zap
Same old, same old
29.05.2013 - 16:39
Scuzzy McDouche

Is that such a bad thing? Amon Amarth is a great band with a great sound. I mean...a band changes their sound and everyone complains, a band stays the same and everyone complains. Hey, I have an idea...if you don't like it, go listen to some other shit.
29.05.2013 - 16:46
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Scuzzy McDouche on 29.05.2013 at 16:39

Is that such a bad thing? Amon Amarth is a great band with a great sound. I mean...a band changes their sound and everyone complains, a band stays the same and everyone complains. Hey, I have an idea...if you don't like it, go listen to some other shit.

But it's so incredibly generic and uncreative. If a band wants to put out the exact same shit year after year then people have the right to tell them it's shit and generic. If you don't like it, don't read the comments
29.05.2013 - 17:13
Dinruth

Written by Guest on 29.05.2013 at 16:46

If you don't like it, don't read the comments

even though I disagree with the part about the song being bad, this part needs to be highlighted ...
29.05.2013 - 18:08
FeskarN

Ok song I guess. But why do I have to have facebook to watch a video?! I hate then sites connect FB like that...
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
29.05.2013 - 18:49
Rulatore

The need to hate it is so bad, that even when the song turn out to be good, it won't be.

I liked the production
29.05.2013 - 20:59
Neroese
Account deleted
Peter Tagtren as Pain writes song 'Same Old Song'. Pretty actual title.
29.05.2013 - 21:07
Opethian

Written by Guest on 29.05.2013 at 16:46

But it's so incredibly generic and uncreative. If a band wants to put out the exact same shit year after year then people have the right to tell them it's shit and generic. If you don't like it, don't read the comments

Your preaching to the Choir
29.05.2013 - 21:47
Mongoose2557
Account deleted
To each their own. I totally understand the crowd of people who can't get over the generic quality of the music. They haven't changed a whole lot since they found a formula that works for them. But I still enjoy the music quite a bit. I'm also excited for the new album.
30.05.2013 - 01:29
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Can't wait for the album
30.05.2013 - 05:44
mikeprado30

Is that such a bad thing? Amon Amarth is a great band with a great sound. I mean...a band changes their sound and everyone complains, a band stays the same and everyone complains.

That's my philosophy about music. And I enjoy music and don't give a damn if is the same again (Rhapsody, Amon Amarth, HammerFall) or is something different (Avantasia, Edguy, etc.), meanwhile I enjoy the songs is enough for myself.
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
30.05.2013 - 08:24
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
I really like the verse riff, great chugs. The lead guitars are decent but damn when is their lead guitarist gonna get to the next lvl of playing? His uncomfortability with technical finger work really shows in this song.

All complaints aside, its a pretty sick song and I am definitely looking forward to the album, Amon Amarth is good fun even if their formula remains unchanged.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
31.05.2013 - 21:49
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
What OpenMind said.

It had some good moments but then fall out flat on "Hah, this has to be Amon Amarth" stuff. No innovative direction.

Hits total: 4187 | This month: 6