Metal Storm logo
Slayer - Drummer Officially Replaced

2013 has certainly been a rough year for Slayer. It began with Dave Lombardo being kicked off the band's Australian tour, with Kerry King and Tom Araya electing to replace him with Jon Dette for future shows. Mere weeks ago, we learned of Jeff Hanneman's tragic death. They say that bad things come in threes, and now the drummer issues have come to a head.

Slayer announced on their Facebook page that Dave Lombardo is officially being replaced. Paul Bostaph, a veteran of the band, and alumnus of Forbidden, Testament, and Exodus, will take Lombardo's place for the second time in his career. For ten years, from 1992 to 2001, Bostaph served as Slayer's drummer and recorded four albums with them: Divine Intervention, Undisputed Attitude, Diabolus In Musica, and God Hates Us All. He adds that he is "very excited to be rejoining Slayer," and it "feels like coming home."

In their statement, the band added that Gary Holt of Exodus will continue to fill in for the late Jeff Hanneman on their upcoming tour.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Slayer
Posted: 31.05.2013 by ScreamingSteelUS

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 37   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 455 users
01.06.2013 - 16:08
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
contributor
I am not a fan of the band but after reading all the news about them lately I can only think of one of my favorite quotes/moments from the LOTR movies:

"How did it come to this?"
----
rekt
01.06.2013 - 16:48
The Galactician
Slayer feels more like Slayer with Lombardo, period. That said, I'm not sure how much that really matters anymore now that Jeff is gone.

More power to Bostaph; the guy is an amazing drummer (I love God Hates Us All, in spite of the haters), but I'm finding it pretty irrelevant who drums at this point. The Slayer I grew up is a thing of the past.
02.06.2013 - 14:57
John Shock
Don't blame them, they have to turn around somewhere...and this as that turning point...i'm curious to see and listen from this point further...
03.06.2013 - 15:55
Jtbmetal123
I will always love Slayer, but Man, No Hanneman, No Lombardo. i dont know.
03.06.2013 - 19:40
Dr. Igore
Araya - King - Holt - Bostaph...
It doesn´t seen to be a kindergarden band at all....
08.06.2013 - 15:52
Da?bog
R.I.P Slayer...:cry:
----
BELIEVE NOTHING, no matter where you read it or who has said it, unless it agrees whit your own reason and your own common sense...
28.07.2013 - 08:14
UPDIRNS
Holt is a killer guitarist and IMO just as good as Hanneman (and Jeff was all-time awesome). Bostaph is a great drummer and just as good as Lombardo overall. Slayer can still kick ass and I hope they keep making records. God Hates Us All, Christ Illusion and World Painted Blood were all excellent albums. I expect their next record to be just as good.

Hits total: 6613 | This month: 11