Metal Storm logo
Behemoth - Forthcoming Album Title Revealed

Death metal titans Behemoth have been holed up in Hertz Studios working on their tenth full-length album and took a break to announce the title of their forthcoming release - it will be called The Satanist. Now that can bring all kinds of trouble and protest. The album will come out in the fall of 2013.

Fontman Nergal states: "It took us over two decades to come up with a title that... says it all. While our new songs artistically take surprisingly adventurous directions, our message stands steadfast ? Proud and Radical. The Satanist stands for undying yearning for liberation and love for freedom in all aspects of life. Considering all our life experiences that often took dramatic curves I couldn't think of more appropriate and fitting statement of who and where we are now."

That is all we have for now but more updates will be posted as they are made available.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Behemoth
Posted: 31.05.2013 by HaaskAksaaH

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 28   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 220 users
31.05.2013 - 14:16
Paz

"The Satanist" or "The LOL-ist" I don't care about it.
31.05.2013 - 15:08
Arcesse Eum

Sure looks like chemo did its work on Nergal.
----
As above, so below.
31.05.2013 - 16:33
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
That title sounds a little redundant, I mean didn't they already do Satanica? But, if there is actually any hint to be taken from that, hopefully this new album will be something of a return to their pre-Demigod blackened death sound
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
31.05.2013 - 16:55
Tenski

Oh damn... now that is a kewl picture...
31.05.2013 - 16:56
BreadGod
Account deleted
The Satanist? That title sounds kind of lazy, don't you think?
31.05.2013 - 17:00
Carrion Misery

Yeah, I said, "Ah, christ!" and rolled my eyes pretty hard. However, I can't help but to look forward to it still.
----
? Carrion Misery
www.mournspire.com | Two-Man Death Doom Project
Full album streaming
31.05.2013 - 17:22
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Quite possibly the shittest name for an album ever.
31.05.2013 - 17:29
Thrashette

Nergal makes it sound like he came up with this brilliant idea for an album title and then it ends up being one of the most generic things ever...
31.05.2013 - 17:40
Rupert

If he's actually telling the truth in his statement, I kind of get why they chose that name. Otherwise, they were lazy and this album's going to be shitty. I'm hoping for the former.
31.05.2013 - 17:54
garmling
Account deleted
Yeah, that name is kind a dumb one, a cliche. But then again, I'm pretty sure Nergal, as smart as he is, used this term not like some serious thought, you know, but as a reference of middle finger in the face of all his persecutors who tried to put him in the jail in the name of church . So, Nergal in a manner of "naughty" boy with this title is actually laughing and shitting all over their pathetic believes, which is why I like this title. Bravoo Nergal!
31.05.2013 - 18:08
Arcesse Eum

This was the name Arcturus wanted to use for La Masquerade Infernale, then they were like "wait, that's stupid."
----
As above, so below.
31.05.2013 - 18:33
SEXdepressedGOD.
Account deleted
Extreme simplicity...chemotherapy kills creativity I guess. anyway...I'm not looking forward to this album. the album title is for show to start controversy and protest and nothing more. And I'm sure it gonna sound like the last 10 years of Behemoth...so I'm over it.
31.05.2013 - 18:47
Big-Al

Cool, looking forward to it!
----

I drink moosepiss
31.05.2013 - 18:49
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Quote:
"It took us over two decades to come up with a title that... says it all."

Well, over here I hope that doesn't mean anything actually.
I still have hopes this will be good, hope I don't end up disappointed.
31.05.2013 - 19:37
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Maybe it's a big middle finger to their native land?

hoping the album shows more creativity than the incredibly lame album name.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
31.05.2013 - 19:51
hubcapface

In Poland, believe it or not, that will be an incredibly offensive and controversial title. This is a country so dominated in large parts by the Catholic church that they are currently trying to ban Yoga. Nergal is a very high profile celebrity in the country and subject to a great deal of media scrutiny...he's the damn judge of their equivalent to Pop Idol for God's sake!!!

I quite like the fact he is embracing all that with one hand and throwing it back in their face with the other.
31.05.2013 - 20:06
Vombatus
Potorro
Even if they want it to be more than the simple cliché, it's still terrible. Just like most things the band has done outside the music field in the last couple of years...
31.05.2013 - 20:19
Opethian

Lol, that sounds original .... NOPE!
31.05.2013 - 20:49
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
He's sending a clear message to all the authorities in Poland and the christian world...Even in that pic he's sitting on his chair and saying "Bring it bitches!" Still a funny name for an album tho!
31.05.2013 - 21:12
chrisʇrenounced

Written by Guest on 31.05.2013 at 17:22

Quite possibly the shittest name for an album ever.

Worse than lulu?
31.05.2013 - 22:50
btbamfan20

LOVE the title, it shows that his spat with the church and cancer have NOT made him soft. \m/
----
Gerald Massey: "They must find it difficult ... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority."
01.06.2013 - 00:37
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by hubcapface on 31.05.2013 at 19:51

In Poland, believe it or not, that will be an incredibly offensive and controversial title. This is a country so dominated in large parts by the Catholic church that they are currently trying to ban Yoga. Nergal is a very high profile celebrity in the country and subject to a great deal of media scrutiny...he's the damn judge of their equivalent to Pop Idol for God's sake!!!

I quite like the fact he is embracing all that with one hand and throwing it back in their face with the other.

Just what I though, the name may be simple and even stupid for most metalheads around, but considering Nergal's position and the fact than he's being prosecuted by the Catholic Church, it seems like he wanted to remind them who's in charge there.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
01.06.2013 - 09:24
Svneatr
Vitharr
It's an incredibly obvious title.

However, I oddly like how obvious it is. It's one thing to pick a generic album title. It's quite another to pick one so completely obvious, it isn't. I couldn't find one other album called "The Satanist". It creates a very stark image. Any other band, it wouldn't have worked.
03.06.2013 - 09:24
Daniell
_爱情_
Satanist, Monotheist, Industrialist. Same shit, who cares, it's just a title. Let's wait till we hear the music.
04.06.2013 - 14:19
serega25

Satanist
07.06.2013 - 23:17
Hellcult

Can't wait to get it in my hands !!!!
----
And I see the blade fall down upon the head of lord in heaven
And Darkness falls upon the end of history
While I drink the milk of the Black Goddess and cry over the mankind

Black Moses is my name...
07.06.2013 - 23:19
Hellcult

Something like zombies
----
And I see the blade fall down upon the head of lord in heaven
And Darkness falls upon the end of history
While I drink the milk of the Black Goddess and cry over the mankind

Black Moses is my name...
14.06.2013 - 11:54
Cunt_Destructor

Rather funny title.. but the most important thing about it is the material of the upcoming album))))

Hits total: 3480 | This month: 7