Metal Storm logo
My Top Albums Of 2013

Thumbs up: +2
My Favorite albums from 2013 so far

Created by: The Melting Snow | 01.03.2013

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by The Melting Snow ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 11   Visited by: 42 users
31.05.2013 - 16:43
Erik M.

What a shame Serenity is on this list, because I like the list so far (Mourning Beloveth is too low though, in my opinion).

Anyway, how about Caladan Brood, Enshine, Amiensus, Shade Empire and Thrawsunblat? All worthy of this list I think.
31.05.2013 - 23:42
The Melting Snow

Written by Erik M. on 31.05.2013 at 16:43

What a shame Serenity is on this list, because I like the list so far (Mourning Beloveth is too low though, in my opinion).

Anyway, how about Caladan Brood, Enshine, Amiensus, Shade Empire and Thrawsunblat? All worthy of this list I think.

Serenity had a min or 2 which i really loved :p

I'm exploring Shade Empire these days, definitely seems worthy. Will check out the rest too.
09.06.2013 - 16:44
Erik M.

Written by The Melting Snow on 31.05.2013 at 23:42

Serenity had a min or 2 which i really loved :p

I'm exploring Shade Empire these days, definitely seems worthy. Will check out the rest too.

Then why have Serenity above MB on this list?

Just came by to say Summoning needs to be added too, of course. Fantastic album, that one.
09.06.2013 - 19:55
The Melting Snow

Quote:
Then why have Serenity above MB on this list?

Just came by to say Summoning needs to be added too, of course. Fantastic album, that one.

Well, I guess Serenity was just hero for a day. I've forgotten it already :p

MB gets a bit boring to me in some places. Anyways, just added a few others. check em out!
09.06.2013 - 22:16
Erik M.

You got my +1.

Although I'd still recommend Caladan Brood, Enshine, Amiensus and Thrawsunblat. And Old Mornings Dawn is #1 for me, but tastes differ of course.
16.06.2013 - 20:45
Erik M.

Honestly, your year-lists are the only ones I ever thumb up (probably), simply because the others are all way too long or don't suit my tastes. I never really keep up with all the new releases, but I'm checking out more stuff this year than previous years. Anyway, we seem to have pretty similar tastes, so you might like my lists... check 'em out if you're interested.
17.06.2013 - 13:45
The Melting Snow

Written by Erik M. on 16.06.2013 at 20:45

Honestly, your year-lists are the only ones I ever thumb up (probably), simply because the others are all way too long or don't suit my tastes. I never really keep up with all the new releases, but I'm checking out more stuff this year than previous years. Anyway, we seem to have pretty similar tastes, so you might like my lists... check 'em out if you're interested.

Yeah I noticed the similarities in our collection. Saw your lists., got my thumbs up too. Every My Dying Bride fan is a doomed brother
17.06.2013 - 14:32
Erik M.

Written by The Melting Snow on 17.06.2013 at 13:45

Yeah I noticed the similarities in our collection. Saw your lists., got my thumbs up too. Every My Dying Bride fan is a doomed brother

Thanks for that! I actually like creating those "best to worst" lists a lot, because it's quite challenging since everyone has a different opinion of how the albums should be ranked. Recommendations on my debut albums list are always welcome too, since I'll expand that one continuously.

I have another suggestion for this list: Progenie Terrestre Pura - U.M.A. It's atmospheric/progressive black metal (sci-fi themed) and I really like that one. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFOO1qSXS6Q Awesome stuff if you ask me, and the cover art is truly beautiful.
02.01.2014 - 01:18
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Whats the big deal with everyone hating Serenity's album?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

24.01.2014 - 20:39
The Melting Snow

Written by Ellrohir on 02.01.2014 at 01:18

Whats the big deal with everyone hating Serenity's album?

Exactly, I dont quite get it. maybe it's because they sound mainstream-ish. Their compositions and instrumentation seemed pretty good to me
24.01.2014 - 23:14
Erik M.

Awesome funeral doom. One of the best 2013 albums in my opinion.

Hits total: 2229 | This month: 8