‹‹ Back to the Metal arena
Users visited: 52  
Search this topic:  
Which of these bands has your preference?

Melechesh19
Absu11
None/I am a fag4

Total votes: 34

Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer

20.12.2006 at 03:09
The ancient gods bleed as the mere thought of a battle between these two destructive bands is conceived. To begin, both bands, Absu and Melechesh, have a Mesopotamian/Summerian lyrical approach within their lyrics among their lyrical themes as a whole. Secondly, both bands have played with the Black subgenre within their musical approach. Also, both bands have had Middle Eastern melodies incorporated in their music (differing in the level of focus but present nonetheless). Finally (or as the last relation I can come up with between both bands right now) both bands have relied in the destructive drumming from the inhuman Proscriptor.

As for me, I don't feel in the position of making my mind right now. Nonetheless, I thought that it was very possible that other Metalstormers could already have a preferred band between them and thus I see my predicament as no detraction in allowing them to express themselves. However, if I get to make up my mind I will later on give my opinion, even when no one gives a flying fuck about it.

Which one do you prefer?
----
Christless
Dangerboner
:D

20.12.2006 at 04:38
I easily prefer Absu over Melechesh. Absu is faster and thrashier, with some nice drumwork and catchy riffs. Tara is a pretty fucking awesome album and that album alone exceeds anything that Melechesh has released.
----
Written by muthafucka on 30.06.2010 at 00:47

your mom is 7000 yr old because your a dinosaur

Written by John Barleycorn on 11.11.2010 at 14:17
I am not in general a fan of wankery but I can enjoy some good masturbation from time to time
Lokomotiv
Übermensch

20.12.2006 at 04:49
For me, this is a battle betwen one of the greatest Black Metal bands nowadays, also one of the most inspired and original, and a just above average Black/Thras act... my vote goes then obviously for Melechesh.
Sunioj

20.12.2006 at 16:17
Quote:
None/I am a fag

Nearly fell out my chair laughing...uhh, I love Melechesh maybe I should check out Absu first before passing judgement, recommendations? Is Absu more raw and gritty like Melecheshs debut, or is it more in the vein of Melecheshs later sound, more folk influenced BM?
Bad English
nobody

20.12.2006 at 16:54
I dunno so much about Melechesh, so I vote for Absu, and I love Absu, so grreat band, same toime old school and amazing, you shood know Celtic mytology to understand them lyrics to knwo more what I think about Absu read my post in Absu tread
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
Troll
Account deleted
  20.12.2006 at 19:45
Absu of course! Better songs, vocals and I like Proscriptor´s drumming more in Absu. Maybe cause i´ve listened to ´em more. Melechesh is great thou!

Absu/I am a fag - CHECK!
tulkas
el parcero

20.12.2006 at 19:50
I voted melechesh, first because I don't know the other , and also beacuse I think it's agreat band. I like the sound they have, and the vocals are great also. IMO, this is ine of the best BM bands nowadays
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
Lucas
Mr. Noise

20.12.2006 at 22:02
I vote Absu. Tara is a great release, and Melechesh doesn't appeal to me. So it is simple. Though I could also have voted 'I am a fag'.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
Dangerboner
:D

21.12.2006 at 01:14
Why the hell do people vote when they don't know the other bands?
----
Written by muthafucka on 30.06.2010 at 00:47

your mom is 7000 yr old because your a dinosaur

Written by John Barleycorn on 11.11.2010 at 14:17
I am not in general a fan of wankery but I can enjoy some good masturbation from time to time
Ellie
Account deleted
  22.06.2007 at 21:07
You know you can;t even compare these two bands at all. They are both in completely different leagues. Sure you could always argue that they are both black metal but in the end..no black metal sounds much like Melechesh or Absu. You can all disagree and I'm sure you probably will haha
BitterCOld
OldBitterGringo

22.06.2007 at 21:40
Written by Dangerboner on 21.12.2006 at 01:14

Why the hell do people vote when they don't know the other bands?

it's the MS way. People must express their two cents, even when they only know one or two of the bands listed in a poll or even nothing at all about the threads subject matter (see the Punk thread)...

frankly, the "i'm a fag" bit was unwarranted.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.
Infurnace

23.06.2007 at 02:12
I like Absu, but I voted Melechesh, because I think they are a lot better, and I listen to them a lot more. I really like the mid-eastern Black Metal they create on their cd's, especially on "Emissaries".
Bhavok

23.06.2007 at 21:10
i like absu, but i think melechesh has a more solid concept than a lot of lack metal bands, the music, and the visual concept is awesome... emisaries front cover design is remakable
APOHAKC
The Bard

24.06.2007 at 20:57
Melechesh, I just prefere them more than Absu.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
.Nemesis.

05.11.2010 at 02:19
Absu is ok, but look at my fucking username. MELECHESH WILL RULE TILL THE END OF TIME AND THEN FOREVER AFTER THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-every time you masturbate, a bunch of maggots fuck eachother-
----
You try to awaken me, the flesh dripping with blood
My body is there, but my soul a perilous void
Aethereal existence coming off in ambient waves
I am nothing. I AM N1H1L.
JD
Kafir

07.12.2010 at 17:02
I like Absu, but i prefer Melechesh.
----
"The Bees Made Honey In The Lion's Skull"
avigruss

11.05.2011 at 18:48
Absu forever! I like thei mix of trhash and black
Bulletdodger

11.05.2011 at 20:56
Melechesh > Absu
As so many people have already stated , i laughed my ass off when I saw the third option .
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
Sulac

24.05.2011 at 05:45
Hmm. Both are fantastic bands. However, I have to give my vote to Melechesh. Absu is fantastic, thrashier and more vicious, but I've seen Melechesh live and they absolutely blew me away with their show. Plus, the Epigenesis is one of my absolute favorites

Advertise on Metal Storm

Login or register to post here.