Metal Storm logo
Vektor - Frontman Releases Statement About His Arrest

We all remember that Vektor's frontman David Disanto was arrested recently after throwing a beer at a Christian protester. He was released on Tuesday and has now given his side of the story and new insight on what happened at the Scion Rock Fest.

He posted the following statement: "Hey everybody, David here. I've spent the past few days settling into 'normal' life and enjoying being home, so even though the coals may have cooled a bit since this weekend, I wanted to give my side of the story. A lot has been said about what happened, and I just want to clarify a few things. I did not haul out and throw a beer bottle at someone. I was around someone who I felt was antagonizing an event and people I cared about. I was annoyed, and I had a beer in my hand. (Something I'm sure many of you can relate to.) What I did was a momentary lapse in judgment, nothing more, nothing less."

"I'm not some meathead or asshole who would pick on someone for their beliefs. I don't give a shit what anyone's personal beliefs are (unless their beliefs include hatred towards a specific gender, race, or sexual orientation - those people are assholes). What the protester was doing wasn't right - but now that I look back on it, what I did wasn't right either. I do believe that people have the right to protest, but I guess I draw the line when it borders on insanity. People who show up at a public gathering spouting their extremist beliefs would better serve society in a mental institution."

"What I learned from this was that nobody should try to spread their message by antagonizing other people. I didn't change his mind, and he didn't change mine. Vektor has always been about spreading the truth of science, the errors of mankind, and thinking for yourself. Organized religion doesn't always mesh with what we stand for. In a way, I hope that this at least gets people thinking about the problem we have with communicating with each other. There are a lot of things that I feel strongly about. That's why I write the lyrics I do - and I'm stoked when fans (like all of you) find that message and support it. However, I'm not going to go to a church and start blasting 'Dark Creations, Dead Creators' at the people there, haha."

"And, for the record, being in jail FUCKING SUCKS, especially when you're the only longhair in the joint, haha. I was arrested at 10pm on Saturday, and wasn't released until 5am Tuesday morning. I got seriously lucky with the judge and the public attorney assigned to my case (hence my charges getting dropped), and I escaped unharmed (no horror stories here). I made a stand for what I believe in, and there were consequences. It happens."

"Anyway, I guess I've said enough. I do want to thank everybody out there for having my back (all the 'FREE DAVE!' posts have been cracking me up, haha). Honestly, I had no idea word would spread like it did. I also want to thank my kick-ass wife Katy for supporting me while I was cut off from the outside world, and going ape-shit on everyone at the jail in order to expedite my release. Alright then! That's that. I look forward to seeing all you humanoids the next time Vektor invades your town, and in three weeks we will be making our debut in Europe at Hellfest! Fuck Yeah! Sci fi or die FI!"

So, what was he initially charged for? Beer throwing? At least some people listened to Vektor because of this.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Vektor
Posted: 07.06.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 236 users
07.06.2013 - 21:04
Lit.
Account deleted
I like this guy.
07.06.2013 - 21:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
America sucks in some way .... maybe it woukld be better if mormons would be slaughtered in 17th centurey, less religion nowadays in usa
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.06.2013 - 22:16
chrisʇrenounced

Written by Bad English on 07.06.2013 at 21:09

America sucks in some way .... maybe it woukld be better if mormons would be slaughtered in 17th centurey, less religion nowadays in usa

Best watch it, buddy. You just pissed off about 2.9 million dickheads in Utah
07.06.2013 - 22:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by chrisʇrenounced on 07.06.2013 at 22:16

heheh I doubt 95% of those has i net LOL
But seriusly , nowadays I make fun about christianity and islam
I am tired of conservativism....because ppl are blind, hells angels say, When we do right, nobody remembers. When we do wrong, nobody forgets
same whit metalhead, men in suit can be pfedofile, and all willr espect him, man whit long hairt can be jeusis and ppl will hang him
----

apos;'
[image]
07.06.2013 - 23:47
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Bad English on 07.06.2013 at 22:51

But seriusly , nowadays I make fun about christianity and islam

Thank you for not including Hindus in your humorous judgement, you know us elephant worshippers really are a peaceful people. May you be blessed with THC-filled soma and monkey gods with 30 foot penises all the days of your life
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
08.06.2013 - 00:02
barnesy

There's a lot of Mormons out here in Utah but I don't count myself among 'em. Gotta be careful with all religions, they all have the potential of screwing people up. Oh yea, I do have the internet.
08.06.2013 - 00:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by barnesy on 08.06.2013 at 00:02

There's a lot of Mormons out here in Utah but I don't count myself among 'em. Gotta be careful with all religions, they all have the potential of screwing people up. Oh yea, I do have the internet.

well religione teach tolorance they must be same
----

apos;'
[image]
08.06.2013 - 01:56
chrisʇrenounced

Written by barnesy on 08.06.2013 at 00:02

No offense meant to you man Just to the dickheads.
08.06.2013 - 03:42
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Well, it wasn't that bad after all.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
08.06.2013 - 08:52
a MasT

I'm sick of your retarded sentences and your saying "America sucks". How stupid are you that you wouldn't think that would offend other users of this site. Oh whoops nvm it was your intention and you're a belligerent prick.
08.06.2013 - 11:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by a MasT on 08.06.2013 at 08:52

I'm sick of your retarded sentences and your saying "America sucks". How stupid are you that you wouldn't think that would offend other users of this site. Oh whoops nvm it was your intention and you're a belligerent prick.

if users in this site suppoort proetsters not Viktor, what they are doing here , go to
http://www.topix.com/forum/state/ut/TEVHL9VEJO5I31AMP
----

apos;'
[image]
08.06.2013 - 12:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Mean while metalhead has been honored in city hall

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=190981
----

apos;'
[image]
08.06.2013 - 14:05
lightndw

What a horrible thing to say....that Christians deserve to be in a mental institution. But hey! He's all about "thinking for yourself" doing your thing....
I know do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law? The whole satanic creed. How can one trust him and where's the other side of the story?
Who belongs in a mental institution now?
Too bad science came about from Christianity in the first place, before it was corrupted by your master.
08.06.2013 - 18:23
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by lightndw on 08.06.2013 at 14:05

What a horrible thing to say....that Christians deserve to be in a mental institution.

He actually said that Christians who should be in a mental institution, should be in a mental institution. Don't read what you want to read.
09.06.2013 - 02:58
Nightfall

What a horrible thing to say....that Christians deserve to be in a mental institution.

Read again before posting.
10.06.2013 - 02:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

What a horrible thing to say....that Christians deserve to be in a mental institution. But hey! He's all about "thinking for yourself" doing your thing....
I know do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law? The whole satanic creed. How can one trust him and where's the other side of the story?
Too bad science came about from Christianity in the first place, before it was corrupted by your master.

science didn't come out of Christianity. Science was there before Christianity was...
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.06.2013 - 16:26
Moosh666

You are literally too ignorant and retarded to insult.

Hits total: 3673 | This month: 6