‹‹ Back to the General metal forum Pages: 1 [2]
Users visited: 99  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by sentenced on 11.06.2013 at 15:41
I think metal and classic music are so similiar everybody i know who listen to metal like classic music and also generally classic music lovers like metal music i like classic music as metal
In metal music first you think there is a big chaos and complexity but then you noticed it isn't like that it is very organized some people think that for classical music too
Metal is not a young style of music is not abaout 45-50 year old i think metal's root comes from classic music
Like classic music lovers metal has elite fans
what do you think abaout it ?

Page 2 of 2

deadone
Mainstream Poser

06.10.2014 at 04:45
I've never met anyone who liked classical music who also likes metal. Radio rock was about the heaviest they'd go.

And I've never met metalheads who like classical.

Personally I really like Viennese Waltzes
deadone
Mainstream Poser

06.10.2014 at 04:49
Written by Bad English on 11.06.2013 at 23:54

I have read it in ANUS and well I agree its simmilar, both music nowadays are like underground, only elite and well aducated ppl listens classical, same like metal, total outcats,

Hilarious given your quite "uneducated" grasp of English.

Here in Australia metal seems to attract young outcasts with high school education at best.

Classical music is more for middle class, middle aged people. The wife and I are usually some of the youngest people at local classical concerts where the average age is probably 50 (we're only in our mid-30s).
Ganondox

06.10.2014 at 09:38
Interestingly enough, studies have shown that metalheads and fans of classical music tend to have very similar Big 5 personalities, the main difference being on neuroticism, where metalheads were likely to be neurotic, while classical fans emotionally stable, and outside of those scores the largest difference was merely the age difference, classical fans were older. Of all the different groups, they were the most similar.

Anyway, metal has similarities to classical music, especially certain subgenres, and it takes more from classical music than most popular genres, but at the roots metal is "pop music", and classical is "art music". I saw an article once where a metalhead explained all the ways metal was different than classical music and how classical music was superior in terms of complexity, but I can't seem to find it.
deadone
Mainstream Poser

07.10.2014 at 01:45
Written by Ganondox on 06.10.2014 at 09:38

Anyway, metal has similarities to classical music, especially certain subgenres, and it takes more from classical music than most popular genres, but at the roots metal is "pop music", and classical is "art music".

Classical was originally popular music i.e. popular music for Europe's aristocracy.
Ganondox

07.10.2014 at 06:28
Written by deadone on 07.10.2014 at 01:45

Written by Ganondox on 06.10.2014 at 09:38

Anyway, metal has similarities to classical music, especially certain subgenres, and it takes more from classical music than most popular genres, but at the roots metal is "pop music", and classical is "art music".

Classical was originally popular music i.e. popular music for Europe's aristocracy.

Classical music was never considered popular music, even when it was popular among aristocracy. That is exactly what made it art music back then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular_music
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_music
RavenEffect

08.10.2014 at 16:27
The whole purpouse of this thread was already covered by Sam Dunn

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2]

Login or register to post here.