Metal Storm logo
Turisas - New Album Title, Cover, Release Date Unveiled

The follow-up to Stand Up And Fight is upon us. Turisas have just revealed the title of their new album. You would never guess it but it will be called Turisas2013. The release dates have been set for August 21st in Finland, August 26th in Europe and North America on September 3rd through Century Media Records.

The album was produced by vocalist Mathias Nygård and the majority of the album was recorded by Nygård and guitarist Jussi Wickström in a remote house outside of Helsinki. Additional recordings were done in three other studios: the drums at Atomic Spa Studio and orchestral recordings at 5 by 5 Studio, both in Helsinki. A lot of vocals and numerous additional elements were tracked at Sound Supreme Studio in Hämeenlinna where Turisas also recorded The Varangian Way and Stand Up And Fight. The mix and mastering was done in London at Orgone Studios with producer Jaime Gomez Arellano who previously worked with Ghost B.C., Cathedral, Primordial and Ulver, just to name a few.

Mathias "Warlord" Nygård comments: "When it comes to the production it's just the opposite of the polished and massive Stand Up And Fight. It's raw and dry and in your face, but still maintaining that Turisas-largeness. People attest us that we are a great live band and we wanted the album to be based more around that than orchestral massiveness. It's our most varied record to date and even if some of the songs sound very different, I think the common thread is that every single one has a lot of energy to it."

While the band will be playing selected festivals during the summer season, the release of Turisas2013 will be supported by extensive European tour dates like the Heidenfest 2013.

UK shows:
08.10.2013 (UK) Bristol - The Fleece
09.10.2013 (UK) London - O2 Academy Islington
10.10.2013 (UK) Nottingham - Rock City
11.10.2013 (UK) Glasgow - Cathouse
12.10.2013 (UK) Manchester - Club Academy

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Turisas
Posted: 14.06.2013 by BloodTears

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 33   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 243 users
17.06.2013 - 21:58
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Opethian on 16.06.2013 at 21:48

Their last album was awful and what scares me about that is people who have no idea who the band is accept it and the band thinks to themselves 'Oh we finally made recognition' and decide to stay on that generic path, crap music and no more energy/creativity. That is exactly what this album cover and title say to me

Generic? I think they would be more popular if they stayed generic, who here wouldn't want a Varangian Way Pt. II? It's pretty unimanous that that is their best album(if not most liked) and its only 8 tracks. My worries is the opposite: that they change too much each album and it might not always be for the best. But I did enjoy most of Stand Up even though it wasnt what I was expecting so maybe this will surprise me too, I hope.

Also, Jussi from the band posted on twitter yesterday "In search for cover art for the fifth Turisas album", so maybe they're just pulling our leg with the title and cover?
----
pewpew.. gotcha
18.06.2013 - 01:35
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Guest on 18.06.2013 at 00:33

Fifth, not fourth

I think they were just visiting Tate Modern and made a mild joke about the happening.

That's true, I guess it is there 4th official album... I'm just all confused now, lol. I think I'm just gonna stop reading too much into all this crap and wait for the music to speak for itself.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
18.06.2013 - 14:36
Aeterna

Still hoping that the title and cover are a joke.. which I think they might pull.

Hits total: 7036 | This month: 8