Metal Storm logo
These kids are keeping metal alive while surrounded by hip hop culture

17.06.2013 - 20:37
Graveheart

This caught my attention recently so I thought I should share the thing. http://vimeo.com/68177758#

It's the story of a band called Unlocking the Truth from the ghettos of Flatbush, Brooklyn, apparently the birthplace of hip hop too. It's impressive how dedicated these kids are to doing their own thing, because it takes some balls to be like that at 11 or however old they are. Major props to the parents for supporting them as well.

Quote:
I know a lot of people doubt me. But then, I really don't listen to most people.

While it's true you've got to consider their age and background to call their music anything more than ordinary, still it gives me that tingling "fuck yeah!" sensation to see them rocking out on the streets, like this:

What are your thoughts?
18.06.2013 - 00:04
theFIST

Solo skills are already there, the second riff is quite good too
and they still have decades in which they can work on originality, variation and drumming
looking forward to what they"ll release later on
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
18.06.2013 - 14:09
Dööm

THey have quickly gotten a lot better and tighter. This song has some nice riffs, and at about 1min 47sec, he does a kick-ass guitar flip:
18.06.2013 - 14:14
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Just saw this today. It looks awesome. I definitely hope that they make it.
----
19.06.2013 - 01:35
*NorthernLights*

Man, they'll have a great story to tell one day I bet. I wonder how they got turned on to metal, it's not the sort of place you'd expect that sound to come from.
----
And I shall not be dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love me and despair
19.06.2013 - 03:13
Jtbmetal123

Badass.
25.06.2013 - 17:40
Redn1ght
Captain Obvious
*Wants more*
23.09.2013 - 15:08
DaveBarlow

I'm suprised they're allowed to play in public in that area but all power to them! Always like to encourage young metal heads and good to see some that talented and dedicated at such a young age! Hope they go on to do well and look forward to hearing more!
23.09.2013 - 18:39
BloodTears
ANA-thema
This is too cute to put into words. It made me smile.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
24.09.2013 - 22:12
SmokyPeat

This is neat, haha. Good for these kids for doing their own thing.
27.09.2013 - 04:04
Guib
Thrash Talker
That.... almost made me cry with tears of joy ! 11 yrs old Kids... in Brooklyn ? Playing Metal ? ... Kickass Metal...
There is still hope in this world !
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
27.09.2013 - 05:17
Lady GaGa
Account deleted
I wanna see them in 10 years, they will be a badass band.