Metal Storm logo
Fleshgod Apocalypse - New Album Details And Cover Released

We already knew that Italy's symphonic death metal horde Fleshgod Apocalypse was working on a new album but today we find out a lot more about it. The group will return in August with their new epic entitled Labyrinth. According to them, "the new album hones in on the band's unique traits giving fans everything they could hope for and more." Feast your eyes on the cover artwork created by Colin Marks below which is a labyrinth!

Labyrinth will be released on August 16th, 2013 in Europe and August 20th in North America via Nuclear Blast. The mixing and mastering work was done by Stefano "Saul" Morabito.

Francesco Paoli commented: "Labyrinth is going to be THE album for Fleshgod Apocalypse. It's the perfect combination of all our strong points with the best production we've ever had. It's definitely the most Fleshgod thing we've ever thought with the most Fleshgod riffs, lyrics, melodies, drum parts, solos, etc... We went deep inside the core of this music, we broke it, and we finally unleashed these eleven songs. I want to be honest, it needed so much work and time to come up with this but now I'm like: 'ok, next time will be tough to reach this point!'. Honesty and quality pay, always, and all of you guys supporting the band DESERVE THE BEST. You might think that I'm overrating it just because it's our 'child' but, trust me, this album is fuckin' dangerous. Just take your time, listen to it and get lost into the LABYRINTH."

Tommaso Riccardi commented: "The concept of this album is based on the myth of the Labyrinth of Knossos and every character related to it. We focused on the philological aspect in order to represent all the elements of the classic world and, through a manic and meticolous research, we managed to create a metaphor with our times, as the maze can be associated with the endless search for what we really are. We're sure you will be stunned by this as much as we are."

Here's the tracklist:

01. Kingborn
02. Minotaur (The Wrath Of Poseidon)
03. Elegy
04. Towards The Sun
05. Warpledge
06. Pathfinder
07. The Fall Of Asterion
08. Prologue
09. Epilogue
10. Under Black Sails
11. Labyrinth

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Fleshgod Apocalypse
Posted: 20.06.2013 by Dark?SymphonY

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 42   Visited by: 223 users
21.06.2013 - 19:08
Metalhead-Alpha

Written by Guest on 20.06.2013 at 21:09

I'm assuming that I will get lost in the Labyrinth desperately trying to find something to like about this record.

Why is it that every comment I see from you is negative?
21.06.2013 - 22:09
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Metalhead-Alpha on 21.06.2013 at 19:08

I'm assuming that I will get lost in the Labyrinth desperately trying to find something to like about this record.

Not every comment of his. And why he's negative as well as positive is because he is a 'guardian of quality'. Being only positive breeds total mediocrity.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.06.2013 - 22:23
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Guardian of quality? I could get used to being called that
22.06.2013 - 00:00
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Guest on 21.06.2013 at 22:23

Guardian of quality? I could get used to being called that

New title, me thinks?
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

22.06.2013 - 01:09
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by psykometal on 22.06.2013 at 00:00

New title, me thinks?

Too long, doesn't fit in the box
22.06.2013 - 01:22
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Guest on 22.06.2013 at 01:09

Too long, doesn't fit in the box

"Quality Guardian" fits though.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

23.06.2013 - 15:42
s_t_s

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.06.2013 at 03:51

Problem is that Fleshgod Apocalypse are just a mediocre band at best when they are on top of their game on album And ffs they are Italian so cheese should Always be expected Just name me two or three Italian bands who aren;t as cheesy as Manowar

Guess this is some provocating comment... "Agony" is awesome, once I start listening to it, I just cannot stop ! I really hope the next album won't disappoint !

Oh and Marcel, please, just keep the next comment to yourself, this will be just so relaxing
23.06.2013 - 18:18
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.06.2013 at 22:09

Not every comment of his. And why he's negative as well as positive is because he is a 'guardian of quality'. Being only positive breeds total mediocrity.

I have a friend who loves everything he hears (musically that is), and while that makes it very easy for me to pick something on the radio when I'm with him, it makes him infinitely boring to talk to about music. So yes, a little bit of negativity is a positive thing.
24.06.2013 - 01:24
Misfit74

Hopefully the guitars will actually be audible on this new one.
25.06.2013 - 11:08
Uldreth

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.06.2013 at 03:51

Problem is that Fleshgod Apocalypse are just a mediocre band at best when they are on top of their game on album And ffs they are Italian so cheese should Always be expected Just name me two or three Italian bands who aren;t as cheesy as Manowar

The Secret
Amia Venera Landscape

I had to do some extensive listing in my head before I got these two though

I would not say FGA were cheesy before Agony though. Agony - definitely so. Although that kind of cheese I like.

Edit: Oh also Hour of Penance, how could I forget that
26.06.2013 - 08:50
Metalhead-Alpha

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.06.2013 at 22:09

Written by Metalhead-Alpha on 21.06.2013 at 19:08

Fair enough
27.06.2013 - 03:19
TrollandDie

Can't wait for this. One of my favourite bands to emergy from the late 00's.

Their performance is usually so strong; I find it hard to believe they wouldn't deliver.
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.

Hits total: 4747 | This month: 4