Metal Storm logo
Fleshgod Apocalypse - New Album Details And Cover Released

We already knew that Italy's symphonic death metal horde Fleshgod Apocalypse was working on a new album but today we find out a lot more about it. The group will return in August with their new epic entitled Labyrinth. According to them, "the new album hones in on the band's unique traits giving fans everything they could hope for and more." Feast your eyes on the cover artwork created by Colin Marks below which is a labyrinth!

Labyrinth will be released on August 16th, 2013 in Europe and August 20th in North America via Nuclear Blast. The mixing and mastering work was done by Stefano "Saul" Morabito.

Francesco Paoli commented: "Labyrinth is going to be THE album for Fleshgod Apocalypse. It's the perfect combination of all our strong points with the best production we've ever had. It's definitely the most Fleshgod thing we've ever thought with the most Fleshgod riffs, lyrics, melodies, drum parts, solos, etc... We went deep inside the core of this music, we broke it, and we finally unleashed these eleven songs. I want to be honest, it needed so much work and time to come up with this but now I'm like: 'ok, next time will be tough to reach this point!'. Honesty and quality pay, always, and all of you guys supporting the band DESERVE THE BEST. You might think that I'm overrating it just because it's our 'child' but, trust me, this album is fuckin' dangerous. Just take your time, listen to it and get lost into the LABYRINTH."

Tommaso Riccardi commented: "The concept of this album is based on the myth of the Labyrinth of Knossos and every character related to it. We focused on the philological aspect in order to represent all the elements of the classic world and, through a manic and meticolous research, we managed to create a metaphor with our times, as the maze can be associated with the endless search for what we really are. We're sure you will be stunned by this as much as we are."

Here's the tracklist:

01. Kingborn
02. Minotaur (The Wrath Of Poseidon)
03. Elegy
04. Towards The Sun
05. Warpledge
06. Pathfinder
07. The Fall Of Asterion
08. Prologue
09. Epilogue
10. Under Black Sails
11. Labyrinth

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Fleshgod Apocalypse
Posted: 20.06.2013 by Dark?SymphonY

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 42   Visited by: 223 users
20.06.2013 - 21:04
Opethian

BRING IT!!!!!!!
20.06.2013 - 21:09
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I'm assuming that I will get lost in the Labyrinth desperately trying to find something to like about this record.
20.06.2013 - 21:23
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Guest on 20.06.2013 at 21:09

I'm assuming that I will get lost in the Labyrinth desperately trying to find something to like about this record.

Dude, you are slowly becoming Marcel You are only missing the occasional rushed misspellings.
20.06.2013 - 21:26
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Unhealer on 20.06.2013 at 21:23

Dude, you are slowly becoming Marcel You are only missing the occasional rushed misspellings.

I'm too much of a pedant to let my spelling slip
20.06.2013 - 21:46
Neroese
Account deleted
How about drummer? His legs and hands are ok?
20.06.2013 - 22:27
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
Man those guys are going fast! They should slow down, take their time creating good music, I hate to see this band going mediocre, But will get the album for sure!
20.06.2013 - 22:53
theFIST

Written by Guest on 20.06.2013 at 22:27

Man those guys are going fast! They should slow down, take their time creating good music, I hate to see this band going mediocre, But will get the album for sure!

you say they are going mediocre before having heard a single song of the upcoming album?
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
20.06.2013 - 22:59
theFIST

you dislike Fleshgod Apocalypse, consider Wormed nothing special yet think the current Tribulation album were something great????
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
20.06.2013 - 22:59
Dinruth

Written by Unhealer on 20.06.2013 at 21:23

my exact thoughts
20.06.2013 - 23:09
seafood

Please, be more death metal and less Nightwish this time and I'll be happy.
20.06.2013 - 23:33
MetalDoomMaster

Written by seafood on 20.06.2013 at 23:09

Please, be more death metal and less Nightwish this time and I'll be happy.

Yes, please. Agony was fun, but lacked the death metal
20.06.2013 - 23:51
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
Written by theFIST on 20.06.2013 at 22:53

Written by Guest on 20.06.2013 at 22:27

you say they are going mediocre before having heard a single song of the upcoming album?

I'm not saying their album is mediocre, I'm saying that if they keep releasing albums on such short period of time they'll end up creating bad music. I'd rather see a band release a masterpiece every few years than see a band throw in lots of albums with a declining quality.
21.06.2013 - 00:49
Kuroboshi

Great news! Longing for August.
21.06.2013 - 01:07
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by MetalDoomMaster on 20.06.2013 at 23:33

Yes, please. Agony was fun, but lacked the death metal

Yeah, cause that was the problem. :sarcasm:
21.06.2013 - 01:12
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by theFIST on 20.06.2013 at 22:59

you dislike Fleshgod Apocalypse, consider Wormed nothing special yet think the current Tribulation album were something great????

Well Tribulation managed to make something that not only differed from their past work, but also managed to be something quite distinct. Wormed and Fleshgod Apocalypse tend to create things which are either generic or watered down death metal with hokey theatrics and with pretty lame results in my opinion. Realy, Tribulation was a bad example. There are far more derivative bands I enjoy than them.
21.06.2013 - 01:41
Traezeus

Pretty stoked to hear this album. I just hope the songwriting is more Oracles/Mafia than Agony.
21.06.2013 - 01:42
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
What has Tribulation to do with liking or not liking Fleshgod Apocalypse? Not a goddamn thing of course.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.06.2013 - 02:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
FA are a typical Italian band, cheesy into the extreme and nothing special at all.

As for the latest Tribulation, yes, that's a masterpiece which is being hailed all across the board (surprisingly I might say so) by innovators within the field of metal. And rightly so. Their debut was fun but generiuc as fuck whereas the latest is a totally fresh wind within the osdm and modern death metal world. Artists all over the place even recognize it as such, as do people with good taste.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.06.2013 - 02:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Btw I have seen them live and they were not good, to use an understatement.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.06.2013 - 03:23
*NorthernLights*

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.06.2013 at 02:37

That's a disappointment. I've got tickets to a show with them in the lineup in August.
----
And I shall not be dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love me and despair
21.06.2013 - 03:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by *NorthernLights* on 21.06.2013 at 03:23

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.06.2013 at 02:37

That's a disappointment. I've got tickets to a show with them in the lineup in August.

I hope you'lll enjoy it. But to be honets I am also not a fan of the band on album. But I found the live gig even worse.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.06.2013 - 03:47
psykometal
A staff guy...

It's just his opinion. I saw them on Summer Slaughter in 2011 and thought there were pretty good live. He may have seen them on an off night, it could be his lack of interest in the band in general or just has a different taste in live shows. Marcel can be very objective but that doesn't mean that Fleshgod are always bad live or that his opinion of their live show is going to be the same as yours.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

21.06.2013 - 03:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Problem is that Fleshgod Apocalypse are just a mediocre band at best when they are on top of their game on album And ffs they are Italian so cheese should Always be expected Just name me two or three Italian bands who aren;t as cheesy as Manowar
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.06.2013 - 04:03
*NorthernLights*

Written by psykometal on 21.06.2013 at 03:47

It's just his opinion. I saw them on Summer Slaughter in 2011 and thought there were pretty good live. He may have seen them on an off night, it could be his lack of interest in the band in general or just has a different taste in live shows. Marcel can be very objective but that doesn't mean that Fleshgod are always bad live or that his opinion of their live show is going to be the same as yours.

Either way, I guess I'll find out for myself. I've never been to a concert I didn't have some fun at, so I'll probably have a good night regardless
----
And I shall not be dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love me and despair
21.06.2013 - 04:05
*NorthernLights*

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.06.2013 at 03:51

Problem is that Fleshgod Apocalypse are just a mediocre band at best when they are on top of their game on album And ffs they are Italian so cheese should Always be expected Just name me two or three Italian bands who aren;t as cheesy as Manowar

Well, fortunately I have a high tolerance for cheese
----
21.06.2013 - 04:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by *NorthernLights* on 21.06.2013 at 04:03

Either way, I guess I'll find out for myself. I've never been to a concert I didn't have some fun at, so I'll probably have a good night regardless

And that's the most important thing. Don't take what anyone says as the truth. So any people so many different tastes in music either on album or live.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.06.2013 - 08:52
God Alone

Just name me two or three Italian bands who aren;t as cheesy as Manowar

The Secret, Zu, Void Of Silence, Janvs...?

Never loved this band, anyway.
21.06.2013 - 10:54
Dylan

A proper follow up to Oracles/Mafia pleeeeeeeeeease

out with the synth
21.06.2013 - 11:03
Abattoir

Just name me two or three Italian bands who aren;t as cheesy as Manowar

Well, if we are already going this game (or not), I would say Urna and Arcana Coelestia
21.06.2013 - 14:38
Mario Montes

I can't wait! I loved their last album "Agony" and this looks promising.

Hits total: 4764 | This month: 9