Metal Storm logo
Rhapsody Of Fire - Part Ways With Guitarist Tom Hess

Rhapsody Of Fire's line-up, after remaining pretty much the same for a long time, now seems in constant evolution. After the departures of co-founder guitarist Luca Turilli and bassist Patrice Guers in 2011, now also Turilli's replacement, Tom Hess, left the band.

Here's the brief statement published on the band's official Facebook page: "Alex Staropoli and Tom Hess announce that due to philosophical differences, we have mutually decided to respectfully part ways. Rhapsody Of Fire and Tom both sincerely wish each other the very best for their respective futures."

The band, which has recently released the live album Live - From Chaos To Eternity, also announced that you can expect "exciting news about the new Rhapsody Of Fire studio album", which will be the follow-up to 2011's From Chaos To Eternity, the end of the The Dark Secret Saga.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Rhapsody
Posted: 25.06.2013 by R Lewis

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 176 users
25.06.2013 - 18:23
Opethian

This group just needs to climb on top of their unicorns and fuck off already ...
25.06.2013 - 19:04
Andreas

Great news for RoF!
25.06.2013 - 20:35
UnknownCheese

Too bad. Saw them with Tom last year, he brought a lot of energy to the show. The guy was also a stupid good prog/neo classical player. Was interested to hear what he'd bring as a songwriter.
25.06.2013 - 20:47
wrathchild

Written by UnknownCheese on 25.06.2013 at 20:35

Too bad. Saw them with Tom last year, he brought a lot of energy to the show. The guy was also a stupid good prog/neo classical player. Was interested to hear what he'd bring as a songwriter.

I knew about the guy's qualities before but really, after seeing a show with this Rhapsody Of Fire, it was clear the guy would never fill Lucas' shoes. And as fas as sonmgwriting goes, Staropoli certainly doesn't want another Turilli.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
25.06.2013 - 23:07
theFIST

Written by UnknownCheese on 25.06.2013 at 20:35

well, maybe he"ll start another Rhapsody now
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
25.06.2013 - 23:12
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Quote:
Tom Hess announce that due to philosophical differences, we have mutually decided to respectfully part ways

I heard that the dood was a racist or something, probably just a rumour though.

Anyway its shame that this Rhapsody is still turbulent. Considering the insanely technical songs Luca wrote them I'm sure its hard to find someone that can step up to the plate and from what I'd seen Hess had no issues with the material so that sucks he's leaving. Hopefully they can get someone soon and get a new damn album out!
----
pewpew.. gotcha
26.06.2013 - 01:44
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Meh, they better release a great album, or else...
Not like that crap Luca released under the Rhapsody monicker all alone...
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
26.06.2013 - 06:51
mikeprado30

Well, good luck to Tom, a great guitar player and instructor also.

Now we'll be awaiting what will be about the new RoF album, I assume Alex S. and Fábio will have the weight of composition this time.
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
26.06.2013 - 09:54
R Lewis

Written by AngelofDeth on 25.06.2013 at 23:12

Considering the insanely technical songs Luca wrote them I'm sure its hard to find someone that can step up to the plate and from what I'd seen Hess had no issues with the material so that sucks he's leaving.

I'm not too worried 'bout the technique. I spoke half an hour with Luca, after a Luca Turilli's Rhapsody live, and he told me that he and Roberto De Micheli - new RoF guitarist - were classmates and that Luca himself suggested Alex and Fabio to pick up Roberto. Luca defined Roberto more technically skilled.
The feature that really worries me is the composition, which, before, was almost only on Luca's shoulders.
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
26.06.2013 - 13:20
Thrasher91

It seems he didn't like Dragons
26.06.2013 - 14:03
YoreLore

About time, the idea of him successfully transitioning from online guitar teacher to member of a successful band is farcical. Guy's a complete fraud.
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
26.06.2013 - 15:06
DieH@rd

I liked the Luca's new album, but who knows when we will get new RoF album. Thinks are not evolving well with their new crew.
----
His is a name the world will never forget... He is Dargor!
-Rhapsody-
26.06.2013 - 18:26
Windir

Written by Thrasher91 on 26.06.2013 at 13:20

It seems he didn't like Dragons

26.06.2013 - 18:30
TheNordicGamer

This is starting to get to ridiculous, or I probably should just say it already is :/
Wouldn't it be better to just combine Luca Turilli's Rhapsody and Rhapsody Of Fire to create the ultimate band and forge a new Saga both parties can be satisfied with?

Can you imagine a new reborn Rhapsody with a fresh Saga with both Alessandro Conti and Fabio Lione at the helm, and the majestic tones Luca Turilli and the boys from both parties are known for after years of playing and a stack of albums that follows a Saga which would surpass The Lord Of The Rings if turned into movies?
Maybe throw in Rutger Hauer as a narrator or som sort of a Dark Lord just for fun!
Wouldn't that be something?

Oh well, hopefully the new RoF album is good.
If not...it's all Luca Turilli's Rhapsody from this point on for me.
26.06.2013 - 20:14
Radivoy

Don't care about Hess in Rhapsody, he'll be forgotten sooner or later like a transitional guitar player... I just want an album completely composed by Alex! just to see what it turns to be. (If they decide to return all together, I'll be happy too )
----
Sorry for the bad English writing :P

Hits total: 11675 | This month: 8