Metal Storm logo
The Haunted - Unveil New Line-Up

After almost a year without public activity and re-structuring behind closed doors, Sweden's The Haunted are finally back after major line-up changes around autumn of 2012. Vocalist Peter Dolving left followed by guitarist Anders Björler and drummer Per Möller Jensen. The group has now broken the silence and announced their new line-up. They also released a video to introduce the new members.

The Haunted line-up 2013:
(From left to right on above picture)
Patrik Jensen - Guitars
Ola Englund - Guitars
Marco Aro - Vocals
Jonas Björler - Bass
Adrian Erlandsson - Drums

Vocalist Marco Aro (ex-Face Down, also in The Resistance) was previously involved with The Haunted for three releases between 1999 and 2003 and several worldwide touring campaigns. Drummer Adrian Erlandsson (also in At The Gates and Paradise Lost) belonged to the original line-up of The Haunted together the Björler twins after the demise of their previous legendary group, At The Gates. Guitarist Ola Englund (Feared) is a talented young player from Sweden, who has recently been active as touring and recording member of US death metallers Six Feet Under. They join guitarist Jensen and bassist Jonas Björler.

Founding member and guitarist Jensen checked in: "We're all very excited about having The Haunted back in working shape again and we can't wait to get back out on the road to play for our very patient and faithful fans again. A new album is also already in the works and if you are familiar with the individual band members of this new line-up, you can be assured that the new material will grab you by the throat from the get-go! A huge 'thanks' goes out to all the people that responded to our call for new members applications. You put a lot of time and effort into your auditions and we are very grateful to have had such talented and cool people wanting to join the band! We truly appreciated your support!"

Expect more news about The Haunted's next album and their upcoming touring plans soon.

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: The Haunted
Posted: 26.06.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 99 users
26.06.2013 - 19:35
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Huh, this could be interesting. The "new" drummer was in the debut and the "new" vocalist was the vocalist of both "Made Me Do It" and "One Kill Wonder".
Who knows if this could mean a return to their older sound?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
26.06.2013 - 19:44
silenius

Written by X-Ray Rod on 26.06.2013 at 19:35

Huh, this could be interesting. The "new" drummer was in the debut and the "new" vocalist was the vocalist of both "Made Me Do It" and "One Kill Wonder".
Who knows if this could mean a return to their older sound?

I sure hope so the last album sucked fermented donkey extrement.
26.06.2013 - 19:46
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by silenius on 26.06.2013 at 19:44
I sure hope so the last album sucked fermented donkey extrement.

They started to go downhill with The Dead Eye. :\
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
26.06.2013 - 19:48
TheDarkWizard

Sweet, much preferred Marco's vocals to Dolving's anyway!!
26.06.2013 - 20:43
Machiavelli
Account deleted
I wished Aro had done more with Face Down... 1997's "The Twisted Rule The Wicked" was awesome 9/10... a bit distorted but it fucking rips... nothing against Dolving since I liked a lot of his stuff with The Haunted but this is good news and I can't wait to see this new incarnation destroy live.
26.06.2013 - 22:44
Giza

Marco sure didn't age well. Anyway, I have high hopes for this line-up.
27.06.2013 - 00:18
Kuroboshi

This is a surprise! A good one, though. Made me do it is one of my favorite Gothenburg thrash albums of all time.
27.06.2013 - 05:33
Red_Travis

Oh happy days,
28.06.2013 - 16:02
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Kuroboshi on 27.06.2013 at 00:18

This is a surprise! A good one, though. Made me do it is one of my favorite Gothenburg thrash albums of all time.

"Made Me Do it" is one of my fave thrash albums, period. The Haunted are the only thrash band formed after the 80's who have released material I would deem as classic thrash. I'm a great fan of Peter Dolving's vocals I have to say, but in the end, personality wise, he just wasn't the right man for the band. I think he was the one mainly responsible for their change in sound, which definitely was to the detriment of the band. "Revolver" was an awesome return for Peter, but each successive album, saw a gradual decline in quality, which ended up with "Unseen", which was a mostly tepid, and weak album.

I'm a big fan of the two albums that Marco sang on, so I'm really looking forward to hearing the new stuff, hopefully it's a return to the old Haunted thrash style!
28.06.2013 - 17:41
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Angelic Storm on 28.06.2013 at 16:02

"Made Me Do it" is one of my fave thrash albums, period.

This definitely was an awesome album. I really haven't followed their stuff, but I loved this album. We used to even cover Dark Intentions as part of our line/sound check
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
28.06.2013 - 17:41
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Angelic Storm on 28.06.2013 at 16:02

"Made Me Do it" is one of my fave thrash albums, period.

This definitely was an awesome album. I really haven't followed their stuff, but I loved this album. We used to even cover Dark Intentions as part of our line/sound check
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here

Hits total: 3171 | This month: 3