Metal Storm logo
Avenged Sevenfold - Share New Album Title, Cover, Release Date

After much teasing for the follow-up to Nightmare, Avenged Sevenfold have finally started revealing more about their new album. Now we know that it will be released on August 27th this year. It will be called Hail To The King and the cover artwork unveiled can be seen below.

Hail To The King was produced by Mike Elizondo and will also mark the first album featuring drummer Arin Ilejay. To celebrate the release of the album, Avenged Sevenfold will perform a free concert at the Hollywood Palladium on August 26th in Los Angeles. An European tour is slated for the end of the year with special guests Five Finger Death Punch and Device.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Avenged Sevenfold
Posted: 28.06.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 175 users
28.06.2013 - 12:28
Synapse
Personally I really dislike the cover and the album title font
28.06.2013 - 12:29
R Lewis
This might not be an original comment, but... This cover sucks.
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
28.06.2013 - 15:42
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
It's a comic book cover. I wouldn't mind if it's a track listing for The Superman or Batman comic movies.
28.06.2013 - 16:05
Byners
Written by Synapse on 28.06.2013 at 12:28

Me too.

Also... Carry On sounded a little bit like Power Metal. This cover looks like Power Metal too.
I'll just wait for it... I really like some stuff I listened from them recently.
----
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
28.06.2013 - 16:38
Angelic Storm
Melodious
"This is how the story begins... in the dark dark town, there was a dark dark street. In the dark dark street, there was a dark dark house. In the dark dark house, there were dark dark stairs. And down the dark dark stairs, there was a dark dark cellar, and in the dark dark cellar, some skeletons lived!"

Sorry, that was what immediately I thought of when I saw that cover... lol
28.06.2013 - 17:38
SEXdepressedGOD.
Account deleted
Looks cartoony! There are Looney Tunes episodes heavier than this!!
28.06.2013 - 18:34
CyberSymphony
Ollie
Written by Angelic Storm on 28.06.2013 at 16:38

"This is how the story begins... in the dark dark town, there was a dark dark street. In the dark dark street, there was a dark dark house. In the dark dark house, there were dark dark stairs. And down the dark dark stairs, there was a dark dark cellar, and in the dark dark cellar, some skeletons lived!"

Sorry, that was what immediately I thought of when I saw that cover... lol

That just opened up my childhood Funny looking cover by the way.
28.06.2013 - 18:57
Lit.
Account deleted
Personally, I think it's better than when they try to act all evil and stuff. Nightmare, for instance.
28.06.2013 - 20:54
RottingDeathHead
kingnothing_92@yahoo.com
Hmmm they actually decided to stop ripping off Overkill's mascot and instead decided to rip off Lich King's mascot.
28.06.2013 - 21:59
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Crappy cartoony I agree... this band could be much better since the vox are good but they just don't play any music I like except for when they cover other band's songs.
29.06.2013 - 02:08
Doge of Venice
Written by Byners on 28.06.2013 at 16:05

Written by Synapse on 28.06.2013 at 12:28

Me too.

Also... Carry On sounded a little bit like Power Metal. This cover looks like Power Metal too.
I'll just wait for it... I really like some stuff I listened from them recently.

The new album stuff won't be anything like it. They are going for a stripped down groove orientated album.

They say that, but the snippets on the website have brass and some choir chants included. Sounds interesting though. Also, the production is much better than nightmare. Guitars actually sound chunky, as opposed to the fluff that was Nightmare.

I think the lyrical content will be interesting this time around, less emo-y. A song called All Hail Andronikos, which seems like it'll be about some Byzantine Emperor.

Also, the artwork is super video gamey. Not surprised, the majority of news related to them recently has been related to video games.
29.06.2013 - 17:51
Ritual_Suicide
Account deleted
Written by RottingDeathHead on 28.06.2013 at 20:54

Hmmm they actually decided to stop ripping off Overkill's mascot and instead decided to rip off Lich King's mascot.
07.07.2013 - 23:14
Opethian
THAT'S SOOOO SCARY!!! OMG ......
09.07.2013 - 05:27
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
They're just advertising the music to their 10 year old fan base.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
11.07.2013 - 18:03
Mage257
To be honest this looks familiar to me

Hits total: 4860 | This month: 9