Metal Storm logo
Lamb Of God - Randy Blythe Memoir Coming Next Year

After last year's ordeal which was only really over last month, it isn't surprising that publishers wanted to get hold of Lamb Of God's singer Randy Blythe. He has now confirmed that he has penned a memoir focusing mainly on what happened last year about his arrest, incarceration, trial and exoneration that will come out in the Spring of 2014 on Perseus/Da Capo Press in North America and Random House in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.

Randy has posted an image on his Instagram where he confirms the book deal: "This is my man room/study/shed/nerd cave - it's crammed with books, which I have a slight addiction too. I've been in here a lot lately, since a literary agent sought me out a few months ago & convinced me to write a book of my own. I didn't really want to write this book, a memoir of my last year, so soon - it's been pretty intense - but the agent convinced me by speaking the truth - my memories will fade. After all the incredibly dubious 'information' I read on the Internet about my arrest, incarceration, trial, & exoneration, it'll be nice to to speak in detail & lay out the absolute truth about what happened over there, just as I have been doing this whole time. The hive mind is a vast & global moronic game of 'he said/she said', where rumors presented as truth fly at the speed on wifi on wings of speculation."

"The hive mind is far too big & way too stupid for veracity to exist on a global scale within its constantly shifting sphere. Those that wish to know the truth, not rumors, of this sad story will be able to. I hope my story will do some good, because there were lessons for me to learn about myself by living it (& not all of them were pretty), lessons I can learn in the telling, & maybe even some tiny ones to be had in the reading if I write it well enough. Yes, I will get paid, but no, I'm not trying to get rich - anyone with delusions of how the publishing world works should educate themselves - Stephen King I obviously am not. But I am a writer, so I will write - it's just what we do. Book is still untitled, due out Spring 2014, Perseus/Da Capo is N. American publisher, Random House in UK/OZ/NZ/S Africa. It's a very crazy, very sad story, but it's my story, so I will tell it with all the respect I have tried to maintain for all parties involved. More info soon. A photo-essay book concerning the nature of fear in our society will follow in a year or so. Don't live in fear, & don't live in lies. In your life, you must TELL THE TRUTH. Any other sort of life is unacceptable, at least for the honest & the compassionate. Peace."

Source: instagram.com
Band profile: Lamb Of God
Posted: 03.07.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 55 users
03.07.2013 - 13:29
moe5512

"I didn't really want to.....But my agent convinced me"
Story of everyone turning mainstream
05.07.2013 - 09:49
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by moe5512 on 03.07.2013 at 13:29

"I didn't really want to.....But my agent convinced me"
Story of everyone turning mainstream

If there were any time to write his (unwarranted) memoirs of his time spent in Czech jail, it's now. Memories do fade, and tales exaggerating and reformulating the original tale pop up.

That being said, his story isn't worth publishing.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 2089 | This month: 6