Metal Storm logo
Cannibal Corpse - To Be Inducted Into Buffalo Music Hall Of Fame

This year, legendary death metallers Cannibal Corpse are celebrating their 25th anniversary as a band and now the group has been recognized and selected for induction in the Buffalo Music Hall of Fame as a member of the Class of 2013. Cannibal Corpse is the latest addition to the Hall of Fame, which also includes Buffalo natives the Goo Goo Dolls, Billy Sheehan, 10,000 Maniacs, and many more. The induction ceremony will be held October 3rd at the Tralf Music Hall in Buffalo, New York.

Founding member and bassist Alex Webster comments on the band's induction: "We are extremely excited to hear about our induction into the Buffalo Music Hall of Fame. We never could've imagined something like this would be possible back when we were getting started at places like the River Rock Cafe or the Skyroom. We are truly honored and humbled by this."

The Buffalo Music Hall of Fame said: "It fills us with great pleasure to include such a hugely successful band as Cannibal Corpse into the organization. Cannibal Corpse has ably represented the WNY area in performances all over the world."

Cannibal Corpse released this year a box set to commemorate their 25th anniversary called Dead Human Collection: 25 Years Of Death Metal which is a testament to their legacy.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Cannibal Corpse
Posted: 03.07.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 86 users
03.07.2013 - 16:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Shame that it should be this death metal band, when there are so many better and more influential ones out there.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.07.2013 - 16:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Shame that it should be this death metal band, when there are so many better and more influential ones out there.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.07.2013 - 19:20
deadbraincells

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.07.2013 at 16:46

Well there's no need to be a dick Marcel, we know you don't care much for Cannibal Corpse, but they're being inducted because that's where they're from.
03.07.2013 - 19:21
Lit.
Account deleted
Better than the Rock and Roll Hall of Shame, I guess.
03.07.2013 - 19:28
Ritual_Suicide
Account deleted

All that matters here is that CC are a famous band from Buffalo, New York.
03.07.2013 - 19:32
Mad Mike

*insert whiny elitist comment here _______________________*
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
03.07.2013 - 19:41
Opethian

Ahh ... Chris Barnes should be there in my opinion. Cannibal Corpse wouldn't have gone far without him and ironically they haven't don't much without him. Just playing simple generic death metal ...
03.07.2013 - 21:41
CWA

Instead of being a cynical snob you should rejoice at the fact they recognize any legitimate death metal band at all. This might be just what the scene needs to be taken more seriously by the public.
03.07.2013 - 23:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
I Always forget they are from Buffalo, for me they are Always from Tampa

but still they were are and Always will be a generic copying dm band
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.07.2013 - 01:44
Opethian