Metal Storm logo
Jorn - New Video Released

"Cancer Demon", the brand new video from the Norwegian heavy metal singer Jorn, can be seen below. The song comes off his new album Traveller which was officially released on June 11th in North America and June 14th in Europe via Frontiers Records. This is the second video released for the new album.

Jorn explained the message of the song: "'Cancer Demon' is a special song with a strong message that most people unfortunately may be able to relate to. The song is written with the intent to shed some light on one of the world's worst illnesses: cancer. I have had the privilege of recording this video in a medieval chapel in Sarpsborg, Norway. I think this location makes the message stronger and more direct, as the lyrics also are. The song might seem brutal, but I think people can relate to and embrace it for its honesty, and see it as a daring, but beautiful thing to do.

The pressure of trends and business may overshadow our presence these days, and by striving to be politically correct, people forget to live and breathe, while there's still time and health is good. I'm sure many of you know someone who lost their battle with cancer, or maybe someone who won it. Personally I lost friends, family and colleagues through the years. 'Cancer Demon' has a lyrical message beyond what rock or metal bands would normally write, and therefore I believe it is more unique. This message should be available for everyone rather than swept under the rug. Help stop the 'Cancer Demon' now, and make a donation!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Jorn
Posted: 06.07.2013 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 53 users
06.07.2013 - 16:28
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Awesome video!
06.07.2013 - 16:39
Nimlot
A. Reader
I guess ripping off Dio is justified if the song is "raising awareness" for one of the most common causes of death which took the life of said ripped off artist.
06.07.2013 - 17:30
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
DAT JORN
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

06.07.2013 - 17:55
UnknownCheese
Written by Nimlot on 06.07.2013 at 16:39

I guess ripping off Dio is justified if the song is "raising awareness" for one of the most common causes of death which took the life of said ripped off artist.

He's made a career out of jacking Dio tunes.
06.07.2013 - 23:31
a MasT
Wow ripping dio all the way to his physical mannerisms eh? Shame is overrated anyway...

Hits total: 2250 | This month: 5