Metal Storm logo
Ashes Of Ares - Matt Barlow's New Project Releases Song

After much teasing, the newly founded heavy metal trio Ashes Of Ares, Matt Barlow (ex-Iced Earth), Van Williams (ex-Nevermore) and Freddie Vidales (ex-Iced Earth), has presented the first fruits of their labor in the form of the first song from their forthcoming debut album Ashes Of Ares. You can enjoy the lyric video for "Dead Man's Plight" below. Does this new project sound promising?

Ashes Of Ares will be released via Nuclear Blast Records on September 6th in Europe and 17th in North America as a limited CD in digipak with a bonus track as well as in two different 2LP versions. More album details were previously reported here.

The tracklist:

01. The Messenger
02. Move The Chains
03. On Warrior's Wings
04. Punishment
05. This Is My Hell
06. Dead Man's Plight
07. Chalice Of Man
08. The Answer
09. What I Am
10. The One-Eyed King
11. The Answer [acoustic version] [bonus track]

Source: nuclearblast.de
Posted: 08.07.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 59 users
08.07.2013 - 20:36
bloodyrenn
Account deleted
I dig this ... reminds me of mid-career Iced Earth and maybe even Jag Panzer. Matt Barlow, as always, sounds glorious!
08.07.2013 - 21:54
CWA

I don't like the production on this album. The guitars and drums are too thin for me, especially since I used to hearing Vans drumming in Nevermore being so damn thunderous. And my fear of this album sounding like the bastard child of Iced Earth seems to be coming true.

Saying all that I will still most likely purchase this record sometime this year.

Hits total: 2739 | This month: 5