Metal Storm logo
Top Hungarian metal bands

09.07.2013 - 15:57
rdhelli@gmail.com

I'm thinking about the aspects used in metal storm reviews: performance, songwriting, originality and production. What is your preference?
09.07.2013 - 16:26
bloodyrenn
Account deleted
Thy Catafalque is the only artist that immediately comes to mind. His material is quite magical overall - very progressive and experimental in nature without ever coming across as pretentious or unemotional. Rengeteg and Róka Hasa Rádió are my two favorite Thy Catafalque albums and both feature excellent performance, songwriting, originality and production, yes.
10.07.2013 - 01:27
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy
Forest Silence all the way! 'Philosophy Of Winter' is one of my favorite BM albums ever.
10.07.2013 - 01:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
On my PC I have those bands
Agregator, Anacron, Art of Heaven, Assur, Autumn, Beyond, Black Fever, Burial Stone, Carcharoth, Echos of dalridia, Funabre, land of Charion, Libra, Lowfellow, Mogorva, Mood Fragments, Relikivia, Suspicuss Moon, The Detrones, Well of Sleep, Wintermight,

Hungarian has good 80's Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal and hard rock bands, what is hard to get, and maybe some songs are abvalibe somewhere

From Black: Aetherius Obscuritas(I think I had somewhere this band, I use to had in past), Ahriman, Dusk, Frost, Pagan Megelith,Finnugor, Sear Bliss,

Gorhic (Including gothic doom), De Facto, Obsidian Shell, Dark Period, Nevergreen, Ywolf, Ideas, Vale of Tears

DOOM: Mood, Burial stone, EvenSong,

I did use metal archives, but I did recomendet to you bands what i know and have heard only, even many eyars ago ....
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.07.2013 - 02:26
rdhelli@gmail.com

This is really an impressive job (and collection)! I'll surely check upon the ones yet unknown to me. Though personally, I wouldn't consider all of these 'top' or in few case even 'outstanding' but rather 'hardly significant' bands. And I do not intend to criticize you (or the bands) at all, because what you did was way more than I asked, from my point of view.
14.07.2013 - 00:44
treptolemus
aphotic_zoning
Well i choose Bornholm, absolutely! An emerging, promising band if you ask me.
----
\m/etalstor\m/
14.07.2013 - 03:49
enumaelis

Dalriada!
----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/
14.07.2013 - 14:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by rdhelli@gmail.com on 10.07.2013 at 02:26

This is really an impressive job (and collection)! I'll surely check upon the ones yet unknown to me. Though personally, I wouldn't consider all of these 'top' or in few case even 'outstanding' but rather 'hardly significant' bands. And I do not intend to criticize you (or the bands) at all, because what you did was way more than I asked, from my point of view.

I did not colect I went true MA 5 years ago, to all Hungarian bands anmd what i like I download from home pages or old myspace
----

apos;'
[image]
14.07.2013 - 15:56
Uldreth

Thy Catafalque
Wall of Sleep
Watch My Dying
Sear Bliss

These four are what comes to my find right now, I don't really find our scene to be that good or expansive or whatever to be fair. I know quite a few local indie, post-rock and metal(core) bands but whilst they are good listens during a concert, they really aren't anything to write much about.
14.07.2013 - 21:05
Góral
Combo Breaker
Written by Paz on 10.07.2013 at 01:27

Forest Silence all the way! 'Philosophy Of Winter' is one of my favorite BM albums ever.

Not only your favorite
15.07.2013 - 18:30
immortal83

Age of Nemesis, not listed in MS
18.07.2013 - 14:35
Rhiannon
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.07.2013 at 16:26

Thy Catafalque is the only artist that immediately comes to mind. His material is quite magical overall - very progressive and experimental in nature without ever coming across as pretentious or unemotional. Rengeteg and Róka Hasa Rádió are my two favorite Thy Catafalque albums and both feature excellent performance, songwriting, originality and production, yes.

Totally agree, Thy Catafalque is the only Hungarian band I like. I would add to your description that his music is very melodic as well, without being commercial.
18.07.2013 - 14:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 18.07.2013 at 14:35

Totally agree, Thy Catafalque is the only Hungarian band I like. I would add to your description that his music is very melodic as well, without being commercial.

seriuslly there many good bands in whole times in Hungary like in old comies days there was Nectar something
----

apos;'
[image]
18.07.2013 - 14:52
Rhiannon
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 18.07.2013 at 14:42

seriuslly there many good bands in whole times in Hungary like in old comies days there was Nectar something

ha, I don't know much of them, I was just thinking about the ones I heard, especially Dalriada, which I can't stand (ridiculous lyrics and bad vocals). Although I still need to check out Taranis, the guy who sings in Thy Catafalque is the one behind it
18.07.2013 - 14:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 18.07.2013 at 14:52

Written by Bad English on 18.07.2013 at 14:42

ha, I don't know much of them, I was just thinking about the ones I heard, especially Dalriada, which I can't stand (ridiculous lyrics and bad vocals). Although I still need to check out Taranis, the guy who sings in Thy Catafalque is the one behind it

Dalriada (Ecxhos of Dalriada) well vocalist is good looking

Try my list what I post here some weeks ago
----

apos;'
[image]
19.07.2013 - 20:43
CyberSymphony
Ollie
For me its Dalriada and Thy Catafalque. Forest Silence - Philosophy Of Winter is also a good album from Hungary.
05.01.2014 - 15:50
szekler

Huge unreality in this topic. Most of the bands mentioned here are underground ones, unknown for even most of the hungarian rockers. For example Thy Catafalque is an interesting underground, but nothing else. The Dalriada and the Sear Bliss are the only exceptions from this topic. They are really probably our best folk, respectively black metal bands.
Otherwise for me the best hungarian band (and one of the most well-knowns, not like those mentioned here) is the trash metal band of MOBY DICK. Almost all of their albums are great and they are pretty known on the internat6ional trash scene too, taking into the consideration the fact, that they are singing in hungarian. Bloody Roots, a hobby band of Schmiedl Tamás (the singer of Moby Dick) is also a quite godd trash group.
The most popular and one of the most prominent hungarian metal bands is the OSSIAN. They are off course a heavy metal band.They have some great songs.
Other well-known hungarian metal bands are Pokolgép, Kalapács, Omen, Stratégia, Tűzmadár,etc.
05.01.2014 - 15:53
szekler

And don't be deceived by the fact, that i'm from romania, i'm TRANSYLVANIAN HUNGARIAN.Sorry for my bad English!