Metal Storm logo
Old Mans Child

20.05.2006 - 01:51
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
So, here's the Old Mans Child topic again. Just incase, you don't already know, this band features Galder of Dimmu Borgir. I really like the new album Vermin. Revelation 666 is also pretty good. What does everyone think of this band?
08.06.2006 - 21:32
Veertje

i think songs like The Old Mans Child, Unholy Vivid Innocence and Black Seeds On Virgin Soil are pretty fucking amazing i haven't listened to the others song though, should do it sometime
08.06.2006 - 21:42
Damnated
Churchburner
Vermin is their masterpice IMO, that album tops all. I have mixed feelings about this band though, cuz I see them in the shadow of Dimmu Borgir, and that's not a very good thing. I admire them for the albums they've released so far, I really like the thrashy elements in their music.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
08.06.2006 - 22:48
Baz Anderson

Old Man's Child are one of my favorite black metal bands
i really like them - possibly more then Dimmu Borgir, i dont know

i have a number of their albums though, and it is hard to decide which i like best
'The Pagan Prosperity' or 'In Defiance Of Existence' or 'Vermin' or 'Revelation 666 - The Curse Of Damnation'
i cant decide - they are very very good though. one of my favorites
09.06.2006 - 02:57
danzig111
Account deleted
They're okay, i really like Nick Barker's drumming alot, it's just he has a habit ov playing for "Poser-BM" bands so that always spoiled it for me. Old Dimmu is 89273496434634987 x better. but OMC is still great. Their new album's generally kind ov boring though.
09.06.2006 - 13:27
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Possibly my favourite Melodic Black metal bands, these guys are awsome.
It is a shame that alot of people see this band in the shadows of Dimmu Borgir (which i also like) because Old Man's Child are a good band that should be seen as another leading band.
I have 'The Pagan Prosperity', 'In Defiance Of Existence' and 'Vermin' and they are great albums. I havnt heard anything off their other albums and i was intending to finish my discography for OMC but i put that off, still think its a good idea to finish it though ... just getting my Death metal collection up.

Overall, Galder is a good musican and creative, a band that i rate.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
09.06.2006 - 17:34
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
"Possibly my favourite Melodic Black metal bands, these guys are awsome."

*Fails to see how this band has enough melodic elements to be truely labeled melodic black*
Much closer to a black/thrash act with death influences. What is your guys opinion about their genre?
09.06.2006 - 18:05
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
@ Bal'al Peor:

Hmm, well im not sure what OMC are. Some one one MS told me that they are more a melodic black band than a black metal band with a little bit of thrash that i said they were before in the old archives. I just took that on board, Im not one to keep them with the 'tag' but im just going off what i was told. I saw them more as a black band with a bit of thrash ..but when i was told that they arent that, i guess i conformed to what hey said. Although they do have some melodic black through them on 'The Pagan Prosperity' ...

Bottom line, im not sure
----

Hellcunt Smurf
09.06.2006 - 19:00
Damnated
Churchburner
The most important thing is you're own opinion, not what someone told you. In this case, mine is that they play a thrashy black metal, melo offcourse, with some slite DM influence.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
09.06.2006 - 19:04
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
True, i dont really care what metal they play ... i like the music they make and thats all that matters
----

Hellcunt Smurf
17.06.2006 - 17:47
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I'll try them out, but to be honest I don't have high expectations.. anyway, we'll see..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
01.07.2006 - 21:16
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
I really think they're good. I don't pay much attention to what genre they are...
02.07.2006 - 17:45
King Antichrist
Account deleted
I've got from The Pagan Prosperity onwards. All albums are sick though Revelation 666 didn't do a whole ot for me. In Defiance and Vermin are my 2 favourits. OMC is my one of my favourites, and the first black metal band I ever got into (along with Dimmu). Amazing stuff, Galder is a terrific song writer.
04.07.2006 - 22:23
Callette
Account deleted
I've just bought my first Old Man's Child album In Defiance Of Existence but I have to say this sounds veeery nice . Although the guitarsouns on the backround are not as clean and sharp as I'd like to.. I have to listen it through couple of times, then I can say. And I agree with "pyroleprechaun"; the keyboards are good;)
05.07.2006 - 10:46
Damned-In-Black

I only own In Defiance Of Existance, though I did almost pick up Vermin with my last CD haul. I'll probably get it within the next couple of weeks. Had IDoE for a couple of years, and to be honest, its never really grabbed me as a whole. I do like the drumming, though. It's not a weak album, I don't think, but surely nothing special either.

Life deprived is my favourite track off the album.
22.09.2006 - 13:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
i dont like this band, I had listen albums and read lrycs, but for me its to brutal for melo. bm , ok brutal melodic black metal
Before I hesr them I think thay are something
But now I dunno what poeple find in them and why thay are to popular, maybe because Norvau
only song what I like are ''black seed of the wirging soil'' or something
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.09.2006 - 16:20
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Written by Guest on 09.06.2006 at 02:57

Old Dimmu is 89273496434634987 x better.

Lol, not THAT better I'd say

Their new album's generally kind ov boring though.

Seriously now? I haven't listened to it, but I've heard it is possibly one of their better albums, personally mine is The Pagan Prosperity, but I just haven't found the motivation to buy/listen to this album, ahh well, one day I'll listen to it ^^'
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
22.09.2006 - 17:56
Quardt
Account deleted
i have only heard 1 song from old mans child... it was quite good i think!!
22.09.2006 - 22:55
danzig111
Account deleted
Written by Linak on 22.09.2006 at 16:20

Old Dimmu is 89273496434634987 x better.

Lol, not THAT better I'd say

Their new album's generally kind ov boring though.

Seriously now? I haven't listened to it, but I've heard it is possibly one of their better albums, personally mine is The Pagan Prosperity, but I just haven't found the motivation to buy/listen to this album, ahh well, one day I'll listen to it ^^'

Hello there, it appears you've arrived at quoting my posts a little late hun

these days i'm not much into the extreme stuff at all.......but to decide whether you want to buy their new album or not, here are some samples:

http://www.samgoody.com/Music/Album.aspx?p_id=P+++202382&a_id=R+++799532&search=old%20man

hope this helps
22.09.2006 - 23:35
Linak
I Own You Bitch
lol yeah I might have been a bit late huh ^^ I usually don't visit this forum a lot lately ^^ thanks for the samples! yeah they help! : )))
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
23.09.2006 - 00:12
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
I totally agree with Kariasakis7... it's hard to understand why this band is so popular... their music is boring and meaningless, their lyrics are among the worst on the scene... well, there's too much awesome black metal around to waste time listening to shit.
23.09.2006 - 01:35
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 23.09.2006 at 00:12

I totally agree with Kariasakis7... it's hard to understand why this band is so popular... their music is boring and meaningless, their lyrics are among the worst on the scene... well, there's too much awesome black metal around to waste time listening to shit.

Hardcore basing mate. I havnt really heard enough but Ill prolly download some of them to check it out,
23.09.2006 - 01:42
Damnated
Churchburner
the more I listen to ODM, the more I hate melo bm.
----

14.10.2007 - 00:14
Mustis
Account deleted
hail Galder!!! old mans child, what can i say, great band, good sound good music and good lyrics. it was more than i espected of this band, dont know many songs, but the songs i have, are awesome
27.01.2008 - 02:32
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
wats would be considered Old man childs best album? Ill-Natured Spiritual Invasion? it is has the best rating here on MS...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
27.01.2008 - 12:48
Sunioj

From what Ive heard, I enjoy their more polished works like 'Vermin' and 'In Defiance of Existance'. I remember not liking production on one of their older album which had an annoying keyboard sound, though can't name it off the top of my head.
22.02.2008 - 16:45
NOИ

good melodic black metal stuff from Norway but unfortunately, they became famous thanks to Dimmu Borgir.
23.03.2008 - 00:55
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
They are incredible!
22.04.2008 - 13:37
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
I just say great band, good sound good music , has great genre and reali show melodic . my fav son : Phantoms of mortem tales
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
23.04.2008 - 00:55
ß
Problem?
Good band. Best release imo are In Defiance Of Existence and Vermin.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero