Metal Storm logo
Extreme Gothic Metal

23.12.2006 - 22:03
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I'm looking for some recommendations for the extreme gothic metal and to also open a discussion about this genre of metal.

I just recently discovered bands such Agathodaimon, who immediately crawled under my skin and Phantasmagoria and I would very kindly ask you to recommend me some bands as such.

And don't say Cradle of Filth, because I am one of those who are severely annoyed by Dani's vox (which is a shame, because I enjoy them musically) and Theatres Des Vampires (because I'm already a fan).

And also, I'm not really familiar with the origin or specifications about this genre, so feel free to discuss it as well...

Thank you
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
23.12.2006 - 22:25
Bas
Retired Staff
elite
Darkmoon - Grief

my review
http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/review.php?review_id=3602

the whole demo downloadable for free
http://www.darkmoon.ch/grief.html

especially the deceiver is a real masterpiece
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
24.12.2006 - 02:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ok I gonna coppy my post from Best Gothic Band poll
http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=3615

But this time its extreme bands not all gothic:
Gothic Doom:
Heavens Gray, Dis Pater, Desiderium, Atargatis, Luminaria, Cold Passion, Labirintis Noctis, Ador Dorath
Those are gothic doom bands what i lisietn

Gothic/Black

Siebenburger, Cradle Of Filth, Sadness(Swiss) Lunar Gate...
Hmm check here in MS Italian bands there are to good bands
Theatres des Vampires, Avec Tristea are good too

Bands like Beeech, Shadowdances, Atargatis, darkwell, Dead Poets Society, Elis, Embraze, Myridas, Sacrivesrsu, Nighwish, and .......... many many more sorry I cant remeber all gothic bands what I had hear but what i mention those bands means much to me

TYPE O NEGATIVE

but long bottles of wine I had drunk, so i discovere new bands from Austria
Golden Dawn. Siegfried(yes gothic elemnts), Dark Soul Project, Nex Aestatis, RAW in all band hp are mp3
I hawnt full albms from those bands but some mp3

Also gothic/Doom band from belarussia Rainbird thay had album ''Poets' Blood'' i HP are mp3 but i hawnt get it, i dunno kyrlic, soon I will dounloud it

Well one of my faw Austalian bands The Eternal are gothic doom, even i love them more before style chage and name chage we know them before The Etarnal whit name Cryptal Darkness(Death/Doom)

Alos new discovery are Winter of Vehemence but I dont like band so much

Now Im into belgian bands soon finish and I post some gothic band sfrom that country

Also Lacrimas Profundere only firts 3 albums
one song are here
[ulr]http://www.doom-metal.com/bandlist_entry.php?id=134[/ulr]

Hope I help
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.12.2006 - 14:47
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
@Bas2: tnx, I'l definately check them!

@K7: Thank you for everything, but I'm just seeking for what you call gothic/black metal, so I'll go check Avec Tristesse, Sadness and Lunar Gate, I know the rest of them

Thank you guys & merry x-mas
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
24.12.2006 - 19:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by AnGina-- on 24.12.2006 at 14:47

@K7: Thank you for everything, but I'm just seeking for what you call gothic/black metal, so I'll go check Avec Tristesse, Sadness and Lunar Gate, I know the rest of them

Thank you guys & merry x-mas

You know rest DEEP respect tou you, you deserve bottle of Pelin from me, one of rar ppl who know those bands , deep respect

What I call Gothic/Black?
Ok In mot sunner now but listen

Its muisc who are meotional, more like Beseech style lyrics and emitions and Immortal style music, whit herat, soul, spirit and whole composer sacifiece into it ist somthing like not pure black and not pure gothic and also its for female and music who deny love, and can take ewery body into it,
Hope my explanations was good enought

Happy Cristmass
----

apos;'
[image]
04.03.2007 - 18:59
..HumanError..
Account deleted
Yes i was thinking of Graveworm, and i wondered why it hadnt been mentioned before TheReaper. Its really an awesome band. One of my favoutite. Id say you especially have to check these albums :

_(N)Utopia (2005)
_As The Angels Reach The Beauty (beautiful coverart btw ) (1999)
_Engraved In Black (2003)

I have the feeling their music leans more and more towards Black or even Death with time. Their first albums were pure Gothic Black. But their newer work is at least as good as their early stuff. At least. Enjoy .
04.03.2007 - 19:28
Warman
Erotic Stains
A great thread for me, the biggest Cradle of Filth sucker of all time!
----
05.03.2007 - 17:30
duyhung
Account deleted
Mandragora Scream, I've just discovered this band some weeks ago
05.03.2007 - 20:43
Ernis
狼獾
COOL!! Bloody hell....definitely continue listening to MScream.....they're awesome....one of the most original bands ever.....

Their new video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz7ksIME6tE
13.03.2007 - 01:44
HauntingNazareth
Account deleted
Haha, 'kay. So no Cradle Of Filth... Hmm, Perhaps DeathStars? Not really extreme I guess.. But they're pretty awesome.
09.04.2007 - 17:21
Reborn Nemesis
Written by Ramung on 01.03.2007 at 14:36

... Vampiria, ...

Vampiria from Argentina? If we're thinking of the same band, then I fully recommend it too
Surprisingly great band, try it...
----
... For blood I hunger, possessed by the dark...

... No remorse, I'll tear your flesh apart...
09.04.2007 - 18:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Reborn Nemesis on 09.04.2007 at 17:21

Written by Ramung on 01.03.2007 at 14:36

... Vampiria, ...

Vampiria from Argentina? If we're thinking of the same band, then I fully recommend it too
Surprisingly great band, try it...

Yes from Argentina obe of firts Argentinian bands what I lsiten(Rata Blance dont counts) I love album 'Among Mortals' and demo 'Legacy In Blood' but 'Wicked Charm' had hear som songs from it, awsoem band
----

apos;'
[image]
16.04.2007 - 00:32
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
@K7: Yes, Vampiria is a really good band, I own "Among Mortals" , the best song, imo is "Legend Of A Curse" I guess that Legacy in Blood is a good one too.

And Theatres Des Vampires is another great band
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
16.04.2007 - 01:12
APOHAKC
The Bard
Hmm... everyone should check this band out:
Lost Infinity from Turkey (Thanx to Dark Sun again!!! you rule man)
http://www.lostinfinity.com/

The band was created by Andaç in fall of 1998 with the following members :
Onur : Screams & Growls
Zeynep : Female Chants
Andaç : Guitar
Emre : Bass
After some adaptation of the quartet, the compositions and orchestrations began in a melodic black metal genre.In october 1999, the band captured one of their compositions for a promotion tape.This recording was played in some radio shows and caught the attention of the listeners and critics...With the addition of Çağlar as the drummer, Utku as the guitarist, and Kıvanç as the keybordist, the band entered an impressive progression period and recorded their first E.p. 'Laments of Dusk' (2002).The band appeared on some tv programmes and radio shows to promote their E.p.The band received constructive criticism from listeners and magazines. Their work is entitled 'Laments of Dusk' and was self released by the band on a cd.
Later on, it was released by a Yugoslavian record label 'Rock Express Records' on MC format.
This E.p. has sold out. The lyrical concepts are based on vampires, gothic romances and the abstract expressions of human feelings.The band is not into any political or relegious ideology and gathered togather for the unique purpose of performing music.The band gives much importance to their image and stage show, work hard on this matter. They additionaly have very special shows and effects for the stage.For the moment the band has completed the recording of their new album "Raven Loft" and are looking for a label to release this album. The band has prepared their new album and is ready to release it.
Now only looking for a record label...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
16.04.2007 - 05:40
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I don't know anything about this genre, but I think Hecate Enthroned might fit in. I have Kings of Chaos and think it's really good. They shift between low growls, deep talking, and Dani-type high screams. They have elements of death and black metal, but I think goth might fit in...

myspace
16.04.2007 - 10:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dangerboner on 16.04.2007 at 05:40

I don't know anything about this genre, but I think Hecate Enthroned might fit in. I have Kings of Chaos and think it's really good. They shift between low growls, deep talking, and Dani-type high screams. They have elements of death and black metal, but I think goth might fit in...

myspace

man its balck metal not extreme gothic, and besides werry agreseve BM
----

apos;'
[image]
16.04.2007 - 10:53
Lehtori
Account deleted
i dunno if its all extreme gothic metal, but i would also recommend Mandragora Scream, special style, but great
other good bands Elis, Bloodflowerz, Flowing Tears
16.04.2007 - 11:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 16.04.2007 at 10:53

i dunno if its all extreme gothic metal, but i would also recommend Mandragora Scream, special style, but great

But those bands are not extreme its gothic

Extereme gothic are mix between black, sympho, male/female vocals, gothic musi, dartk fassion, dark poetry and mysticism
----

apos;'
[image]
16.04.2007 - 15:08
APOHAKC
The Bard
lol Great explanation K7
----
16.04.2007 - 19:50
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Bad English on 16.04.2007 at 11:33

Extereme gothic are mix between black, sympho, male/female vocals, gothic musi, dartk fassion, dark poetry and mysticism

That is kinda what Hecate Enthroned sounds like. Not all of their stuff is aggressive.
16.04.2007 - 20:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dangerboner on 16.04.2007 at 19:50

Written by Bad English on 16.04.2007 at 11:33

That is kinda what Hecate Enthroned sounds like. Not all of their stuff is aggressive.

Damn i thought you talk about Enthroned I neve rhad hear Hecate Enthroned when I lsiten I coment
sorry
----

apos;'
[image]
01.05.2007 - 00:34
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
Penumbra french gothic/black band whichi find them some similarities with great Theatres des Vampires. Anw very good band
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
11.07.2007 - 22:15
Arcaliz666
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 04.03.2007 at 19:28

A great thread for me, the biggest Cradle of Filth sucker of all time!

mmm... Cradle Of Filth it could be considered as Extreme Gothic.

Midian it's the album that better it represents it inside this style.
12.07.2007 - 15:49
APOHAKC
The Bard
If you want really quality and interesting band from this genre you just can't miss Those Endless Eyes from Argentina. They have only one album but it is just great, check it out
----
12.07.2007 - 16:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by APOHAKC on 12.07.2007 at 15:49

If you want really quality and interesting band from this genre you just can't miss Those Endless Eyes from Argentina. They have only one album but it is just great, check it out

I agree good band seems good but I havnt hera them but I wanna something from them
----

apos;'
[image]
12.07.2007 - 17:06
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, try to dig album somewhere, it is really awesome, typical EGM male and fe male vocals, with lot of keys and backing guitars with here and there melodic riffs...
----
30.07.2008 - 17:08
FOOCK Nam
Macbeth and Golden Dawn. Macbeth is gothic mixed with black. Golden Dawn is extreme gothic.
03.08.2008 - 22:32
annodomini
My recomendation is going to Evadne. A new Gothic/black band with all traditions of old times, a little bit mix of doom, but really wondefull music, classic.
----
the riddle wants to be...
07.08.2008 - 17:28
Warman
Erotic Stains
How about Illnath? Some songs are so Cradle of Filth I wouldn't be surprised if they started as a tribute band to those.
----
26.05.2012 - 12:20
Written by Bad English on 24.12.2006 at 02:42

Golden Dawn

This the name of a Greek nationalist part. Kaiadas, the bassist of Naer Mataron, is a member of the party and has been elected member of the Parliament with them.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter