Metal Storm logo
Burzum - Varg Vikernes Arrested In France (Update)

UPDATE on 17.07.2013 [Thanks to Carl Berg]: According to Euronews, there doesn't seem to be much evidence suggesting that Varg Vikernes was planning any sort of terrorist action. It seems that the arrest was based on a "blog post" made by Vikernes after the fatal derailing of the Bretigny train last week which contained ant-semitic remarks. The new update also confirms that the police custody of Varg Vikernes and his French wife Marie Cachet arrested on Tuesday in southwestern France has been extended by 24 hours, judiciary sources told news agency AFP.

French news website Le Nouvel Obs reports that the Central Directorate of Interior Intelligence decided to act after a blog post Vikernes wrote on July 13th commenting on the Bretigny train crash, which had taken place south of Paris the day before.

In the blog post entitled "Heros", Vikernes attacks "The 'French' president, the (sic) Jew Mr. Hollande", the media and "criminal non-European scum" making up "the gang of 'youths' standing nearby ready to rob the passengers when [the train derailed]."

The French Interior Minister Manuel Valls admitted that there was for now "no target, no identified project" in the Vikernes affair, but he justified the arrests by the necessity, in terrorism investigation, "to act before and not after."

The Interior Ministry stated on Tuesday that Vikernes "with close tie to the neo-nazi movement" was considered "likely to carry a large-scale terror act" and thus "constituted a potential menace". To justify the arrest, they also mentioned "violent speech intercepted on the web."

An official at the prosecutor's office said that the investigation was also prompted by several suspicions that made the services fear he could possibly carry out a violent act after he reportedly received a copy of the manifesto of Anders Breivik.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Original news, published on 16.07.2013: Varg Vikernes is in the news yet again and not for good reasons. Several French sources and also Euronews are reporting that Burzum's mastermind Varg Vikernes has been reportedly arrested in France and taken to custody in the Corrèze region this Tuesday. The police suspect the Norwegian to be plotting a "massacre" and are currently searching his house for weapons and explosives. His French wife and a member of a shooting club has allegedly recently purchased legally four rifles. Varg is being described as a "neo-nazi" and "Anders Breivik sympathizer".

The anti-terrorist prosecutor has been put in charge of the investigation. He could be held in custody for the next 96 hours, as is allowed under anti-terror laws.

Of course we all remember that Vikernes was convicted to 21 years in prison - the maximum sentence in Norway - for the murder of Øystein "Euronymous" Aarseth of black metallers Mayhem and for arson attacks on churches. He was freed in May 2009.

Vikernes is said to be one of the people to have received the manifesto of Anders Behring Breivik, the far-right terrorist responsible for the July 2011 Oslo bombing and Utoeya Massacre which left 77 dead. Breivik was sentenced to 21 years in jail for terrorism on August 2012.

However, The Quietus refers a post called War in Europe: Part V from late 2012, where Vikernes criticized Breivik's actions: "To Breivik I can only say I hope you do kill yourself.... you have made a big mistake."

He also writes: "As long as there are true Europeans alive they will continue to fail, and our European blood makes sure that we can at any time revive the true European spirit and turn Europe into our Elysium again. Today we are on the offensive. For the first time in many decades. The final solution to this problem is not to kill anyone, but to raise our children with European ideals and values, and a European world view, and make sure that Christianity dies out when our coward parent generation dies out."

Source: euronews.com
Band profile: Burzum
Posted: 17.07.2013 by BloodTears

Comments page 3 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 90   Visited by: 602 users
17.07.2013 - 02:26
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Mephistopholes1 on 16.07.2013 at 17:12

Written by Cronomaster on 16.07.2013 at 16:11

I don't get his way of thinking. If Christianity will die, there will be Islam in Europe. I don't think it's better...

A Muslim Europe, THAT I wanna see! I wonder what will happen to the Irish though...

The catholics will become the sheites and the prodastants will become the sunis (sorry about the spelling). So it will be business as usual.

Written by Guest on 16.07.2013 at 15:15

Even the gypsies don't go to Corrèze.

Maybe 'cause Varg's there?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
17.07.2013 - 04:20
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Darkside Momo on 17.07.2013 at 00:01

When I saw the news here, I almost pissed in my pants. Racist moron Varg arrested in France's middle of nowhere by overzealous policemen? That's actually the best joke I've heard in a long time. And what's even more fun, it's HAPPENING FOR REAL! ROFL LMAO

Pretty much sums up my opinion on this too.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
17.07.2013 - 04:41
chronic-headache

Does this mean we'll get another Daudi Baldrs? That is my favorite Burzum album.
17.07.2013 - 04:42
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Pity the news keeps bringing black metal into it.
----
17.07.2013 - 09:17
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Written by Carl Berg on 16.07.2013 at 14:58

What the fluck? I hate how the media turns this upside-down by focusing on the fact that he is a "black metal musician" - essentially that black metal music makes evil people.

Also, he is most certainly not an Anders Breivik sympathiser, he openly criticised his actions and even told him to kill himself.

Damn media, it can ruin the image of an entire genre of music.

That's the exact reason I insult him, and I say his skull is filled with shit ,he's ruining the whole scene, it will do no good to the music lovers,not at all,needless to say imagine how it will be reflected in media of countries with extreme ideologies,they already had trouble with metal, and imagine after this incident ,suspicious whatever they say, how they will display metal to society.I'm sad really for metal scene.
17.07.2013 - 10:23
Mattybu

Just before going on MS I was reading something on the Onion and you know, this article seems to fit well with their stuff.
17.07.2013 - 12:36
Aristarchos

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.07.2013 at 15:25

Written by Guest on 16.07.2013 at 15:23

He's been very protective eversince Euronymous sent him death threats

Actually Euro never sent him death threats, that's one of Kristian's lies again.

How do you know that? Personally i have no idea.
17.07.2013 - 13:04
Cronomaster

Written by roeder on 16.07.2013 at 16:20

I don't get his way of thinking. If Christianity will die, there will be Islam in Europe. I don't think it's better...

yeah it totally works like that. if you don't believe in the christian god, it's obligatory to choose another religion. so everyone will become muslim.

It's not exactly what I meant. I don't believe in any Gods, and I would like that Europe, when Christianity will die, will abandon all deities and become atheists and there will no longer be any religion. But, of course, it's impossible, this sick world needs religion to exist (but I wonder why), so people in Europe will be muslims (or any other religion, no big difference for me).
17.07.2013 - 15:20
roeder

Written by Cronomaster on 17.07.2013 at 13:04

Written by roeder on 16.07.2013 at 16:20

yeah it totally works like that. if you don't believe in the christian god, it's obligatory to choose another religion. so everyone will become muslim.

It's not exactly what I meant. I don't believe in any Gods, and I would like that Europe, when Christianity will die, will abandon all deities and become atheists and there will no longer be any religion. But, of course, it's impossible, this sick world needs religion to exist (but I wonder why), so people in Europe will be muslims (or any other religion, no big difference for me).

let's just hope that if the day comes when christianity disappears, the people that still need spirituality in their lives will choose a more friendly faith. like buddhism or something like that, instead of shitty islam or judaism
not like there is any chance that stupid people will abandon religion
17.07.2013 - 18:35
Monolithic
♠♠♠

And that's how media and attention-seeking people consume our minds.
17.07.2013 - 19:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
French wife? how he can get french wife being 20 years in Norwegian jail? and is she mother of his children?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.07.2013 - 20:25
RealEyes

i agree varg's ideeas ! heis really a perfectionist like me.
17.07.2013 - 20:49
Bedeadorsatanic

Free varg...
----

http://www.last.fm/user/Bedeadorsatanic
17.07.2013 - 20:57
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Bedeadorsatanic on 17.07.2013 at 20:49

Free varg...

Free Varg with every purchase of Sôl austan, Mâni vestan. Limited stock. Contents may vary. Should you wish to return it your statutory rights will not be affected.
17.07.2013 - 21:20
Sojgenske

Vikernes is a regular man with convictions, a wife (with a firearm license), three young kids and a farm.

So yes he deserves to go in jail ! Merde ! QUAND MÊME !!!

17.07.2013 - 23:01
koob

Fluffy French government in dire need of recognition, chasing nazis is apparently a good idea for them. Fuck these fluffies, leave the man alone, he may be a nazi or whatever but he clearly states in numerous blogs that he, himslef, just wants to live in peace with his children, far from our jaded world.
17.07.2013 - 23:19
wormdrink414

Not sure why this had me riled up and feeling activistic just a week or so ago, and yet this story has been making me laugh since I read about it.
18.07.2013 - 00:00
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by RealEyes on 17.07.2013 at 20:25

i agree varg's ideeas ! heis really a perfectionist like me.

so, your ideas are all over the place as well and vary from day to day? And you are just as braind dead? Varg is truly one of the most stupid musicians I have ever come across.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.07.2013 - 01:08
Lord_Regnier

Saw it in the newspapers today.
Looks like they kinda panicked for little and arrested him as some kind of 'precaution'. Though, I must say, with a crazy moron like him, you never know. Perhaps they were right to put him under arrest.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
18.07.2013 - 01:14
Lord_Regnier

Written by Guest on 17.07.2013 at 09:17

That's the exact reason I insult him, and I say his skull is filled with shit ,he's ruining the whole scene, it will do no good to the music lovers,not at all,needless to say imagine how it will be reflected in media of countries with extreme ideologies,they already had trouble with metal, and imagine after this incident ,suspicious whatever they say, how they will display metal to society.I'm sad really for metal scene.

As a big Black Metal fan, that's precisely why I hate people like Varg Vikernes and Gaahl. It's this kind of fucking morons who give a bad reputation to the BM scene and fans.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
18.07.2013 - 02:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Any YT news or any link where and IF there is sky news, al jazera english, france 24 english, BBC or whatever other major news channels
Is tehre any reportage? IF there is can someone OM me links please
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.07.2013 - 15:29
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
In Varg's defence, if posting stupid and offensive statements online was illegal, youtube and ninemsn would have shut down years ago.
----
18.07.2013 - 18:51
D.T. Metal

Quote:
...there doesn't seem to be much evidence suggesting that Varg Vikernes was planning any sort of terrorist action. It seems that the arrest was based on a "blog post" made by Vikernes after the fatal derailing of the Bretigny train last week which contained anti-semitic remarks.

a blog post started this. Makes you wonder how many more bloggers got arrested who might share the same sentiments as him. Not defending the man, but it seem that the French might have over reacted here.
18.07.2013 - 19:24
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I'm sure his resume probably attracted him a little more attention than the average racist nutjob blogger. it's not as if he's just the average guy or anything.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
18.07.2013 - 19:41
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by BitterCOld on 18.07.2013 at 19:24

it's not as if he's just the average guy or anything.

Correct, he's quite below average.
18.07.2013 - 23:15
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by BitterCOld on 18.07.2013 at 19:24

I'm sure his resume probably attracted him a little more attention than the average racist nutjob blogger. it's not as if he's just the average guy or anything.

Yep. His previous record is what prompted him being put under surveillance - since he moved in France it seems.
BTW, yes it's said he lives in France now.

Also, he's been freed.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
19.07.2013 - 01:54
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Gaddamnit Varg. If you're gonna be a bigot, keep it to yourself or express it through your music.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
19.07.2013 - 09:29
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
He's released.
19.07.2013 - 22:14
ANGEL REAPER

Hahaha.... i was offline for 2 weeks and passed all of this entertainment ....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
24.07.2013 - 19:48
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Meh, I'm still surprised that some people can take this man seriously, I mean, he is just a mediocre musician with issues, he should be famous thanks to his music, not because he killed a man or because he burnt a church...
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"

Hits total: 11882 | This month: 9