Metal Storm logo
Sepultura - New Album Title Unveiled

Legendary Brazilian thrashers Sepultura have announced the title of their forthcoming album: The Mediator Between The Head And Hands Must Be The Heart. Although being inspired by Fritz Lang's classic 1927 movie 'Metropolis', the album is not set out to be a concept album or a soundtrack like its precedessors Dante XX ('The Divine Comedy') and A-Lex ('A Clockwork Orange'). The album was recorded together with renowned sound guru Ross Robinson. The anticipated new album is scheduled for a late October 2013 release via Nuclear Blast Records.

Guitarist Andreas Kisser comments: "I was inspired by a phrase which is the main message of the story: The Mediator Between The Head And Hands Must Be The Heart to express what we are saying on the lyrics. 

In the movie, a crazy millionaire wants to transform a robot into a real person. That's kind of the opposite of what we live today. More than ever we are robotized, through the worldwide web, Google glasses, chips under our skins and the globalized slavery our society suffers nowadays. The phrase points to the heart as being the human factor who keeps a man, a man, not a robot. The heart beats with freedom of choice, we have to think by ourselves to create a real world, not a matrix. 

Being a novel written in the early 1920's, it's almost prophetical. It helped us to put the ideas together for the lyrics to express what we see today. I live in São Paulo, Brasil, one of the big metropolis in the world with more than 20.000.000 people living and working in it. I know how it is to live in daily chaos, our music reflects a lot of that feeling."

Adding about the musical direction of the new album and working with Ross Robinson: "The album is brutal, fast and straight to the point, I feel this is the best Sepultura ever, no bullshit. To work with Ross Robinson again was a privilege, one of the best producers out there. He has a strong connection with nature, the human heart, with life in general. We did an album that is alive, no fake studio tricks, we were jamming together in the room exploding in an energy so strong you could grab it. The heart will never stop beating for mankind, we are no robots, we are pure natural energy and that's worth fighting for. We're not slaves, I have a pulsing heart!"

Dave Lombardo, former drummer for thrash legends Slayer, will be featured on the upcoming album.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Sepultura
Posted: 19.07.2013 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 107 users
19.07.2013 - 18:51
J. N.
Account deleted
Please, just stop.
19.07.2013 - 19:17
Sangre Sani

Tell me this is a joke and it's actually a title of One Direction album. Please.
19.07.2013 - 19:39
Bananatron

Written by Sangre Sani on 19.07.2013 at 19:17

Tell me this is a joke and it's actually a title of One Direction album. Please.

How do you know that?
19.07.2013 - 19:58
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I was going to say that album title sounded very familiar. I have a feeling Cult of Luna's Metropolis inspired album this year is going to trounce this one.
19.07.2013 - 21:04
God Alone

DA BEST SEPULTURA EVA
20.07.2013 - 02:47
Lit.
Account deleted
It actually reminds me of that Overkill song The Head And The Heart.
20.07.2013 - 05:59
Svneatr
Vitharr
I'm surprised this band has stuck around for so long.
20.07.2013 - 06:18
Mattybu

"I feel this is the best Sepultura ever, no bullshit."

I am going to have to call bullshit on that one
20.07.2013 - 06:40
psykometal
A staff guy...
Every time I see news pop up about Sepultura I keep hoping, in the back of my mind, that maybe this one will be to announce that Max and Andreas finally buried the hatchet so the 2 of them and Igor will collaborate again.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

Hits total: 2241 | This month: 5