Metal Storm logo
Coroner - 'Death Cult' Demo To Be Released On CD, Vinyl

No Remorse Records will release the Death Cult demo from Swiss technical thrash metal masters Coroner on CD and limited vinyl. Death Cult was a four-song demo originally recorded and issued in 1986 in a limited edition of 250 cassette tapes. Due in December 2013 on No Remorse Records, it will also include bonus material.

Vocals on the demo were performed by Tom G. Warrior (Celtic Frost).

Source: label.noremorse.gr
Band profile: Coroner
Posted: 22.07.2013 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 42 users
22.07.2013 - 14:57
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Yarrr!!
22.07.2013 - 18:05
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Wow, some rare stuff there...
----
rekt
22.07.2013 - 19:23
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
It's nice to hear the beginning of one of my favorite thrash bands ever. I know they were Celtic Frost's roadies but not that Tom Warrior was part of any recording.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
22.07.2013 - 19:28
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by X-Ray Rod on 22.07.2013 at 19:23

It's nice to hear the beginning of one of my favorite thrash bands ever. I know they were Celtic Frost's roadies but not that Tom Warrior was part of any recording.

he wasn't a band member at any time. He just helped them out with the vocals here. But imo thios demo and R.I.P. can be totally ignored. Only after RIP did they get interesting. But then they went and tainted their legacy with a terribly bad performance at Roadburn 2012
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.07.2013 - 20:29
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.07.2013 at 19:28

But then they went and tainted their legacy with a terribly bad performance at Roadburn 2012

What was so bad about it that they "tainted their legacy?"
22.07.2013 - 20:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 22.07.2013 at 20:29

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.07.2013 at 19:28

But then they went and tainted their legacy with a terribly bad performance at Roadburn 2012

What was so bad about it that they "tainted their legacy?"

extremely sloppy and totally no energy, purely going through the motions and uninspired and listless and playing like it was some sort of punishment to be on stage there. But especially the sloppy playing. Every song was riddled with mistakes. It was an all round truly bad performance. Shame cause back in the days they were great live, the tightest outfit around.

But I am sure Mr Doctor will disagree with me because he thought they were awesome. Whatever pills he was on at the time, I want those as well

Btw, I wasn't the only person complaining about how crappy they were at Raodburn, loads of people complained.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.07.2013 - 20:53
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.07.2013 at 20:44

extremely sloppy and totally no energy, purely going through the motions and uninspired and listless and playing like it was some sort of punishment to be on stage there. But especially the sloppy playing. Every song was riddled with mistakes. It was an all round truly bad performance. Shame cause back in the days they were great live, the tightest outfit around.

But I am sure Mr Doctor will disagree with me because he thought they were awesome. Whatever pills he was on at the time, I want those as well

Btw, I wasn't the only person complaining about how crappy they were at Raodburn, loads of people complained.

Don't know if you noticed, but most live bands suck. Technical bands like Coroner are gonna have trouble, especially now that they're older.
And if the good Doctor feels implied to do so, I'm going to jump on his boat. I thought they were fine from what on saw on the Roadburn site and YT.
22.07.2013 - 21:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 22.07.2013 at 20:53

Don't know if you noticed, but most live bands suck.

not really, almost all stoner and sludge bands are way better live than on album same for a lot of traditional heavy metal bands such as SteelWing and Skullfist and Vanderbuyst and also for old school death metal and thrash metal bands.

Technical bands usually get better live when they get older or at least musically they perform better live when they are older live because they know the songs inside out.

As for Rod and you thinking Coronoer were good at RB, trust me they weren't. After 30 years of live bands experience I can certainly pick out a good from a bad live performance when sober (drunk doesn't count because then everything comes across great live ) and seeing Coroner played at the Afterburner in 2012 I was sober because had had more than enough beer and other booze the three days before
Why I think Rod thought they were good is because first of all he was way too excited seeing them live and secondly he had never experienced them when they were actually good live.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 2947 | This month: 2