Metal Storm logo
Nightrage

Original post

Posted by Amrott, 20.05.2006 - 02:17
i didn't find a thread for this band, so here we go..

one of my top favorite bands playing pure melodic death. they have two albums out featuring Tomas Lindberg (ex-At The Gates).

last album "Decent Into Chaos" is a fuckin great album bordering on the edge of melodic death aggressivness. so let's talk about this great band
27.01.2007 - 03:37
Arpan
Account deleted
Yeah. Descent Into Chaos is a great album. The first song I heard by them, Phantasma, was phenomenal in my opinion. Now, I have almost all their songs and I'm... addicted to it.
03.02.2007 - 14:54
metal4life

Anyone heard of the new "A New Disease Is Born" album? All the way from the first to the last song, its a true pearl! The chorus melody of the first song "Spiral" is one of the best ones ive ever heard in my life. These guys deserve a big applause.
Oh and one last thing: Metalupyourass.:banger2:
----
Mors Principium Est
03.02.2007 - 18:24
Larsson!
Account deleted
Written by metal4life on 03.02.2007 at 14:54

Anyone heard of the new "A New Disease Is Born" album? All the way from the first to the last song, its a true pearl! The chorus melody of the first song "Spiral" is one of the best ones ive ever heard in my life. These guys deserve a big applause.
Oh and one last thing: Metalupyourass.:banger2:

Yeah A New Dissease Is Born is a great album! One of the best death metal albums I have heard in a while, and Spiral is like you said really fucking great!:banger2:
11.02.2007 - 01:32
2nd Suicide
Account deleted
http://www.mikseri.net/2ndsuicide

Go check it out. This shit is equal to the new Nightrage, if not better...
11.02.2007 - 05:47
Daru Jericho

Nightrage are good but their latest album is so disappointing.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

11.02.2007 - 18:11
Amrott

Written by Guest on 11.02.2007 at 01:32

http://www.mikseri.net/2ndsuicide

Go check it out. This shit is equal to the new Nightrage, if not better...

OMG,,, this band is soooooooooo good,, how come they are not signed yet?!! ;;;off topic

well the new Nightrage after listening to it for a while now, i can say i'll buy it once it is available, the music is great, the extreme vox are great, the clean vox i don't really like, but the rest is so good it doesn't matter.
05.03.2007 - 00:48
Amrott

well it has been a while since these guys released their new video, but if any have missed it, hey have posted it on youtube here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHcac1dKBpY

it is a cool vid, nothing groundbreaking, but good considering this is their first ever video.

man i wanna see these guys live once day!!
01.06.2007 - 20:03
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
I listened to Nightrage the first time for over a year ago. But it first now, for about 2 months ago I really discoverd them. Now they're one of my favourite Melodeath bands. Just recently bought their "Descent Into Chaos" album. And I think Tomas Lindberg is definitly better now, than in At The Gates, it's a bit sad that he's not longer a part of Nightrage, but Jimmie Strimmel is fucking awsome, even if I would like Tomas Lindberg to sing in Nightrage rather than him, I like Jimmies vox better, it's more "clean" and pure vox than Lindbergs. And the new record is fucking awsome! I just love the clean parts, I almost get orgasm every time xD I'm looking forward to hear more from these guys in the future!
20.06.2007 - 00:04
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
A new interview with guitarist Marios Iliopoulos from Nightrage has been posted online at TheRighttoRock.com . You can read the interview at this location.
25.06.2007 - 14:50
Abattoir

Well, I've got nothing to say over them, just that they are very good band and they do cool music...
melodic staff of course
02.11.2007 - 21:27
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
I've been listening to them for the past few days, and i'm liking Nightrage a lot. I liked all the three albums, my favorite one is "Sweet Vengeance". "A New Disease Is Born" is quite good too.
24.11.2007 - 21:55
Melodeath Master
I'm a bit dissappointed on Nightrage now. The new singer they have (yes, Jimmie Strimmel has quited, as well as Henrik the bass player) he just simply sucks. He dosn't fit in the band at all. They've recruited a freakin' danish Metalcore singer! I've heard him, and he really sucks. I hope they find another before recording the new album. I can't stand the one they have now.
25.11.2007 - 02:10
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
i found thee guys recently, and i love them really good melodeath band, like sweet vengeance the best atm, may change though...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
25.11.2007 - 04:38
Bow To Cheese!!!
Account deleted
Great band, my favourite Melodic Death band except for maybe Amon Amarth. Don't think there's an album by them that I dislike even a little, but their self titled was definetly my favourite.
25.11.2007 - 08:57
Opium
Account deleted
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 24.11.2007 at 21:55

I'm a bit dissappointed on Nightrage now. The new singer they have (yes, Jimmie Strimmel has quited, as well as Henrik the bass player) he just simply sucks. He dosn't fit in the band at all. They've recruited a freakin' danish Metalcore singer! I've heard him, and he really sucks. I hope they find another before recording the new album. I can't stand the one they have now.

I completely forgot about this, sad news indeed.

As for the band, I love their first 2 releases, their last album was a disappointment, just rehashed material, nothing special about it.
25.11.2007 - 12:42
Melodeath Master
Written by Guest on 25.11.2007 at 04:38

Great band, my favourite Melodic Death band except for maybe Amon Amarth. Don't think there's an album by them that I dislike even a little, but their self titled was definetly my favourite.

Their selftitled? As far as I know they don't have a selftitled album. They've released three albums (here in order): Sweet Vengeance, Descent Into Chaos and A New Disease Is Born.
25.11.2007 - 14:13
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Yeah, they didn't release a self-titled.
25.11.2007 - 20:35
Bow To Cheese!!!
Account deleted
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 25.11.2007 at 12:42

Written by Guest on 25.11.2007 at 04:38

Their selftitled? As far as I know they don't have a selftitled album. They've released three albums (here in order): Sweet Vengeance, Descent Into Chaos and A New Disease Is Born.

Really? I just downloaded some songs by them, and in the section where it says the album, and the composers, it says that the songs are in an album named after the band. My bad then, songs that you download with programs always have the wrong info . Just looked the songs up on the internet and their in the album called Descent into Chaos lol, best track is Omen.
25.11.2007 - 23:01
Melodeath Master
Written by Guest on 25.11.2007 at 20:35

Really? I just downloaded some songs by them, and in the section where it says the album, and the composers, it says that the songs are in an album named after the band. My bad then, songs that you download with programs always have the wrong info . Just looked the songs up on the internet and their in the album called Descent into Chaos lol, best track is Omen.

Well, that depend on where and what kind of downloads you do. If you download from the so called "scene" you always get the right info. Scene releases are the best if you download. But you should always buy the albums you like ^^
21.03.2008 - 18:32
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
They're brilliant!! I have their first 2 releases. I haven't heard the latest album yet, and I'm not trusting it to be any good, since the last release, both Gus G. AND Tomas Lindberg have left the band . Is Tomas in At The Gates now?
21.03.2008 - 18:41
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by Guest on 21.03.2008 at 18:32

They're brilliant!! I have their first 2 releases. I haven't heard the latest album yet, and I'm not trusting it to be any good, since the last release, both Gus G. AND Tomas Lindberg have left the band . Is Tomas in At The Gates now?

Well, during the tour he is with At The Gates (i don't know if they will release an album, possibly not) but now, his main band is The Great Deceiver
22.03.2008 - 14:38
Melodeath Master
Written by Guest on 21.03.2008 at 18:32

Just because they left it doesn't mean Nightrage is bad now. They still have their energy left, a little more polished sound that's all! And At The Gates split up long ago if you didn't know, but when they where active Tomas was with At The Gates. At The Gates is doing some festival shows this year with their old line-up.

But on topic related: it's really sad that both their old bass player, and the new singer Jimmie Strimell, left the band almost right after the release of A New Disease is Born. Great album, an album they never will come up to again I think.
23.03.2008 - 00:31
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Reconciler: I heard new Nightrage, I wasn't too impressed . And I know that At The Gates broke up.
05.03.2009 - 02:09
MeloDeathViking

I'm psyched for the new album! It's supposed to sound more like the first two albums, I happened to like all three albums myself.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
29.06.2009 - 23:07
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
I accidentally came across the song "Being Nothing" from "Descent into Chaos", didn't even know i had it.
Sounded great so will try the full album -With Mikael Stanne as guest musician for clean vocals on "Frozen".
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
30.06.2009 - 00:56
Melodeath Master
Written by MeloDeathViking on 05.03.2009 at 02:09

I'm psyched for the new album! It's supposed to sound more like the first two albums, I happened to like all three albums myself.

Don't know if you've heard the new album yet, but first time I heard it I though I was listening to Nightrage with Tomas Lindberg on vocals O_o
09.10.2009 - 03:57
Metalbound7

The first album is amazing, i love it, but the last album was a dissapointment, at least for me, sound like freakin Screamo! :S