Metal Storm logo
Manowar - To Re-Record 'Kings Of Metal', Plans For 2014

On Saturday, Manowar shared a sneak preview from the studio and announced that they were back in the studio but didn't explain what they were recording exactly. But now we know. In celebration of the 25th anniversary of the album Kings Of Metal, Manowar are currently in the studio, recording a brand new special version of the album Kings Of Metal 2014. This release is scheduled for the end of this year. 2014 will see Manowar anniversary tour, performing the full Kings Of Metal 2014 album along with their other metal hymns in a completely new stage production.

Kings Of Metal was first released on November 18th, 1988. The new rendition will "honor the original as it's inspiration, but with additional energy, fully utilizing the power of today's technology and 25 years of experience, and it will contain new arrangements and changes that incorporate live performance elements added over the years" said Manowar bassist Joey DeMaio. "The album will feature additional bonus material and many other surprises," he added.

The new recording is only one component of the Kings Of Metal 2014 anniversary celebration. For this special occasion, Manowar will also open their vaults and reveal never-before-seen video footage, photos, behind-the-scene interviews and insight into the history of Manowar and the Kings Of Metal era.

The recordings will also feature guitarist Karl Logan's and drummer Donnie Hamzik's contributions, who, after having played these classic hymns many times live, will now have the opportunity to add to their legacy by including their own signature sound and performance.

For the new narration on "The Warrior's Prayer", the band will be joined by British actor Brian Blessed (Henry V, Macbeth). Blessed is a renowned Shakespeare and character actor who has starred, among others, in Kenneth Brannagh's Henry V and Much Ado About Nothing, in King Lear and Oliver Stone's Alexander. Brian also has an affinity with heavy metal music. In June 2013 he received the "Spirit of Hammer Award" at Metal Hammer UK's Golden Gods Awards.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Manowar
Posted: 29.07.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 112 users
29.07.2013 - 15:10
Kingface

Getting Brian Blessed involved is awesome, I'll give them that at least!
29.07.2013 - 15:28
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Another stunt by them not to have to pay the original recording drummer and guitarist. Just like the true reason behind re-recording Battle Hymns.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.07.2013 - 17:16
qlacs
"The Quaker"
I get it about Battle Hymns (sort of), but what's wrong with 'Kings'? Would be a better honor the restore their glory with writing a Kings of Metal Part II...
----
29.07.2013 - 17:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by qlacs on 29.07.2013 at 17:16

I get it about Battle Hymns (sort of), but what's wrong with 'Kings'? Would be a better honor the restore their glory with writing a Kings of Metal Part II...

the re-recrording was also a money thing imo. Did you listen to the rerecording? I is really badly played and Christopher Lee just puts huge discredit to Orson Welles' part in Dark Avenger my God what an atrocity the Battle Hymns re-recording was, also due to the fact Eric Adams can't reach the high notes needed on quite a few songs there.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.07.2013 - 19:52
Baz Anderson

Brian Blessed!!! Hahahaha.
The album doesn't need re-doing though.
30.07.2013 - 00:06
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Brian Blessed?

GORDON'S ALIVE!
30.07.2013 - 05:56
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Brian Blessed should team up with Christopher Lee, I can't begin to fathom how epic that collaboration that would be!
30.07.2013 - 08:18
Damon Salvatore

Manowar should start to make new good songs instead of re-record the classics.
11.09.2013 - 20:27
Livewire77

Is this some sort of joke? I will not be surprised if this album is made out of clay, not steel.

Hits total: 3363 | This month: 12