Metal Storm logo
Fates Warning - New Album Details Unveiled

Proggers Fates Warning have good news today and fans will be craving new material since their last album FWX was released back in 2004. It is about time they return almost a decade later. The new offering is called Darkness In A Different Light and will be released on September 30th, 2013 in Europe and October 1st, 2013 in North America via InsideOut. For now, there's still no audio previews for us to hear, but you can see the album's artwork designed by Conte di San Pietro below.

Darkness In A Different Light also marks the first release for the band's current line-up of Ray Alder (vocals), Jim Matheos and Frank Aresti (guitars), Joey Vera (bass) and Bobby Jarzombek (drums).

The album was produced by Matheos and mixed by long time Fates Warning engineer Phil Magnotti, while mastering was handled by Maor Appelbaum at Maor Appelbaum Mastering, California.

Vocalist Ray Alder checked in with a comment: "Darkness In A Different Light is the result of almost two years of very hard work from everyone in the band. I believe that this line-up is the best that Fates has ever had, and I also think that it comes through in the music on this album. It's been almost nine years since our last studio album and I couldn't be more proud of what we've accomplished here. We are looking very much forward to playing some new songs for our fans who have stuck by us over all these years. We plan on touring as much as possible for Darkness In A Different Light and hopefully we'll hit a few places we've never been..."

Whether or not the group returns in full form is still to be seen but it is happening.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Fates Warning
Posted: 01.08.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 67 users
01.08.2013 - 20:59
Diverge

Exciting news. I cannot wait.
01.08.2013 - 22:47
Daniell
_爱情_
They did take their sweet fucking time. Hopefully the album will be at least as good as FWX.
02.08.2013 - 03:24
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
Might be worth checkin' out. Not sure about the "best lineup ever" comment. I mean...Zonder, man. Zonder.
02.08.2013 - 09:11
Antidote

Great news...great, great news!
02.08.2013 - 09:31
GT
Coffee!!
Sweet news indeed
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
02.08.2013 - 11:41
BloodTears
ANA-thema
One of the most anticipated albums this year for me, definitely. I absolutely love FWX, so that will be hard to top.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
02.08.2013 - 15:32
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Looking forward to listening to this, can hardly wait
02.08.2013 - 17:47
Dark Seraphim

I think it's fair to say that this will be getting bought
03.08.2013 - 00:08
treptolemus
aphotic_zoning
It's about time. Fates Warning had a very long album hiatus. Just perfect news people.
----
\m/etalstor\m/
04.08.2013 - 02:29
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
I am wondering if Jim Matheos has anything left in the tank. He is one of my favorite musicians ever, please go out with a bang...
----
rekt
05.08.2013 - 02:11
Antidote

Why should Jim "go out" in the first place? He has the fantastic FW, brilliant OSI and great Arch/Matheos project...and they're all going strong. I think he's got plenty in the tank left Don't you think?
05.08.2013 - 03:19
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Antidote on 05.08.2013 at 02:11

Why should Jim "go out" in the first place? He has the fantastic FW, brilliant OSI and great Arch/Matheos project...and they're all going strong. I think he's got plenty in the tank left Don't you think?

I remember reading that most of the stuff Jim wrote for the Arch/Matheos project was intended for a new FW album. Let's see what he comes up with for this album. I no doubt wish he keeps making music till he's 80
----
rekt
05.08.2013 - 09:02
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
They surely took their time, I'm sure I'll love everything that has Ray Alder on vocals, he has a quite singular voice.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"

Hits total: 2373 | This month: 3