12 have it
5 want it

01. A Concrete Wall [feat. M. Hater]
02. Ichor
03. Starlit: A Rude Awakening
04. Starlit: We Rest At Last [feat. I. Stellarghost]

Additional info
Recorded in Primordial Studio.
Mixing and mastering in Priory Recording by Greg Chandler.

Staff review by
BitterCOld
Rating:
"A Concrete Wall", the opening track to this album, is the sonic equivalent of the Star Trek movie. No, not the 2009 action packed reboot? the "boring" one released back in 1979.

Like the movie it is long, slow moving and slow developing. On one hand, for a lot of folks, that's a recipe for coma-inducing boredom. For others, like myself, in this case it's a monolithic, gripping listen that ensnares you, has its way with your auditory senses (albeit terribly slowly), and leaves you bound for 30+ minutes.

Read more ››
published 04.08.2013 | Comments (17)

Oppressive, dark, s-l-o-w funeral doom with bits of drone here and psychedelia there. And yet another doom album to feature Greg Chandler twiddling knobs. Hopefully you can survive the 34 minute opener.

BitterCOld's picks | More picks ››

Found in 17 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 149 users
03.08.2013 - 08:10
theembryo

Yeah...... This is worth the visit to bandcamp. They're streaming the collosal "A Concrete Wall" on their facebook page

Oh yeah, M. Hater and I. Stellarghost from Abstract Spirit appeared as guest musicians.

Thanks BitterCOld
31.03.2015 - 02:17
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
This is really a fucking MASSIVE album, the way that Craig described it in his review as something of a cross between Sunn O))) and Esoteric is actually pretty spot on. Revisiting this today, can't wait for them to drop something new.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
10.01.2017 - 19:56
Zap
I must have forgotten how totally amazing this album is. That opening track is unbelievable.

Hits total: 5113 | This month: 8