Metal Storm logo
Dream Theater - New Song Premieres

Dream Theater's last album, 2011's A Dramatic Turn Of Events, earned the band its first Grammy nomination and was the first without founding member and drummer Mike Portnoy. Now with their new album Dream Theater, new drummer Mike Mangini was involved in the songwriting process. You can now listen to their new single "The Enemy Inside" here and see what the band has to offer this time around.

How do you rate it? Dream Theater will be available everywhere on September 24th and pre-orders will be announced very soon. Find more album details over here. More importantly, enjoy the new song.

The tracklist:

01. False Awakening Suite
i. Sleep Paralysis
ii. Night Terrors
iii. Lucid Dream
02. The Enemy Inside
03. The Looking Glass
04. Enigma Machine
05. The Bigger Picture
06. Behind The Veil
07. Surrender To Reason
08. Along For The Ride
09. Illumination Theory
i. Paradoxe de la Lumière Noire
ii. Live, Die, Kill
iii. The Embracing Circle
iv. The Pursuit Of Truth
v. Surrender, Trust & Passion

Source: dreamtheater.net
Band profile: Dream Theater
Posted: 05.08.2013 by bokimaniac

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 45   Visited by: 349 users
06.08.2013 - 18:00
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
I like this one, it's pretty good and energetic, but I know the suite at the beginning of the album will be better than this; I heard some Spanish site gave it a good review and said there was experimentation. Dream Theater probably will never return to the days of Images and Words, but I expect them to still make good stuff. We'll see.
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
06.08.2013 - 19:46
undi
Holy shit, I wasn't expecting this. They usually pick the fucking worst song in the album for the premiere/single/videoclip.

Now I'm really looking forward to this.
07.08.2013 - 03:40
Lanthros
Written by Wukk on 05.08.2013 at 22:20

Written by cossaisVendeurs on 05.08.2013 at 21:40

Fucking gay American restrictions make it unavailable for me here in the UK.

Utter cunts. It's the fucking Internet.

I'm in the UK and I can hear it just fine. And I quite like it. Can't see what the fuss is all about, but then again, I see a lot of disdain for new material from the big names in metal on MS.

...predicting O NO MS NO HATE EVRYFING U JUST FINK MS HATE EVRYFING CUZ DEY UR FAV BAND

Ive noticed the same thing. Seems to me to be a bunch of mental children with peter pan syndrome. They dont want to grow up and dont think that bands should either. Its one thing to not like a new album but its completely different to bash on it because you think a band should write the same album over and over. They dont realize that mentality DESTROYS music.
07.08.2013 - 09:04
Monolithic
♠♠♠
Written by Lanthros on 07.08.2013 at 03:40

Written by Wukk on 05.08.2013 at 22:20

Written by cossaisVendeurs on 05.08.2013 at 21:40

Fucking gay American restrictions make it unavailable for me here in the UK.

Utter cunts. It's the fucking Internet.

I'm in the UK and I can hear it just fine. And I quite like it. Can't see what the fuss is all about, but then again, I see a lot of disdain for new material from the big names in metal on MS.

...predicting O NO MS NO HATE EVRYFING U JUST FINK MS HATE EVRYFING CUZ DEY UR FAV BAND

Ive noticed the same thing. Seems to me to be a bunch of mental children with peter pan syndrome. They dont want to grow up and dont think that bands should either. Its one thing to not like a new album but its completely different to bash on it because you think a band should write the same album over and over. They dont realize that mentality DESTROYS music.

+1 word.

Can't argue with that.
07.08.2013 - 15:05
kalmah999
Account deleted
I agree with Lanthros, definitely my thoughts!
07.08.2013 - 20:41
theembryo
Reminds me a bit of "Train of Thought" - overall, I dig the style, the instrumentals seem to be a bit more........ organized, if you will, than the speed playing on TOT.

Also glad to see the real news item posted, as opposed to the lame, inaccurate thing i tried to post a bit ago!

Thanks!!
07.08.2013 - 23:55
Stabby
Account deleted
The thing with Dream Theater is that they started out...progressive, every song had a unique feel to it and they had album after album of brand new progressive music with a constantly evolving sound. And then they got kind of generic and fell into this signature sound that they've been overusing for a long time, and this new song is no different. It isn't music evolving, it's definitely music stagnating and that's the problem. We can hope that the album will have more diversity and bring something new to the table, but I'm not getting my hopes up that they'll have any new ideas to offer.
08.08.2013 - 00:02
diamondblack
AWESOME! Can't wait for new album!
08.08.2013 - 13:23
Lethrokai
So far, from comments I've seen both hear and across the web, people are saying that this album reminds them of:
ADTOE
BC&SL
Octavarium
Train of Thought
Metropolis Pt: 2
Awake

...well guys, maybe they weren't kidding when they were talking about the "full DT experience"
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.
09.08.2013 - 06:23
theembryo
Written by Lethrokai on 08.08.2013 at 13:23

So far, from comments I've seen both hear and across the web, people are saying that this album reminds them of:
ADTOE
BC&SL
Octavarium
Train of Thought
Metropolis Pt: 2
Awake

...well guys, maybe they weren't kidding when they were talking about the "full DT experience"

.....and I see it as a good thing - well put, Lethrokai
09.08.2013 - 07:53
reload3591
Quote:

But if they do, people complain for the opposite reason. Example: Dark Tranquillity has been getting poopoo-ed for writing the same album 4 times in a row. They wouldn't dare try anything new because the very same people would bitch about the experimentation. They need to shut up and learn to enjoy music. It's a good thing.
09.08.2013 - 22:19
Dave FC
Nothing new... So sad
11.08.2013 - 12:51
Lethrokai
Written by Dave FC on 09.08.2013 at 22:19

Nothing new... So sad

It's a single. Those hardly ever provide anything new. The point of them is to demonstrate the band's sound for newcomers.
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.
12.08.2013 - 06:59
maged918
Meh.
13.08.2013 - 23:35
reload3591
What is with all these bands switching to car logos (see Linkin Park)?

Hits total: 5022 | This month: 7