05. Moment Of Weakness
06. Fire & Ice
07. Misguided Life
08. Midnight
09. Seeker Of Truth
10. Dark Secrets
11. Seven Gates
12. Fear Of Life

Dawn Of Silence is a newcomer from Sweden. After a lot of demos the band got a deal with Metal Heaven and they release this year their debut album, "Moment Of Weakness". If you like good Heavy and Power Metal, let's say that you'll find good things on this release, but in anyway you'll be blinded by its originality.

"Moment Of Weakness", and that' s its main problem actually, is a perfect mix of Iron Maiden and Edguy. In this release, you'll be able to find the same kind of music than with this two bands, hyper melodic choruses, catchy melodies and riffs a la Maiden (exactly the same?). It's not so displeasing to listen to this album, Patrik Johansson is a good singer really (he is probably the strong point of the band) and the band wrote good songs. Unfortunately if I had to rate the originality of this album on 10, I think that I would give it 2; no more. "Moment Of Weakness" is not bad, but it sounds a bit like a clone. They will have to fix this problem?

Produced by Georg Siegl himself, this album doesn't really suffer of any big problems. The guys are good musicians, Patrick Johansson is a good singer (with a voice a la Bruce Dickinson) and to sum up, there is nothing to say against this band except maybe that it is a bit too much generic and similar to Iron Maiden. Though, with time and experience, it should change I think?

"Moment Of Weakness" is only a debut album, all is not perfect but if this young Swedish band didn't find the way to write songs with its own personality, it's obvious that they have a strong potential, so let's wait a bit, "Moment Of Weakness" is maybe not essential but it's promising. We will have to follow this band, if they manage to break the links with bands like Maiden or Edguy, it should work for them.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 6
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 26.12.2006

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 29 users
26.12.2006 - 15:31
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
SHIT! This guy sounds really like Bruce!
26.12.2006 - 19:59
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Yeah definitely !

For a first album, it's a bit too much similar to some other bands, but it should work if they manage to add their own touch in the next album
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
26.12.2006 - 20:45
~Nagash~
Account deleted
Sounds good
13.05.2008 - 16:51
Rating: 8
Rusher

I agree with ~Nagash~, this sounds good.

Hits total: 3588 | This month: 8