Metal Storm logo
Scar Symmetry - Guitarist Jonas Kjellgren Leaves The Band

Scar Symmetry reported that guitarist Jonas Kjellgren has split with the band due to conflicts with studio work and his work with other bands. The band will not replace the outgoing guitarist, but continue as a five piece. Kjellgren appeared on all five of the band's studio albums, the latest of which is the 2011 release The Unseen Empire.

Official statement from the band: "It is with heavy hearts that we finally make it official: Jonas has decided to leave Scar Symmetry. Due to scheduling conflicts with his studio work and his other bands - Raubtier and Bourbon Boys - Jonas hasn't been able to perform live with Scar Symmetry for the past one and a half years, and from what he has told us, he will not be able to in the foreseeable future either.

We won't bring in an offical replacement, instead we'll continue as a 5-piece, sometimes bringing in a session guitar player for live shows - just as we effectively have been doing it since Jonas quit touring with us.

This Friday, we'll perform at UK's Bloodstock Festival which marks the end of the touring cycle for The Unseen Empire. Next up is finalizing the songwriting for our next recording project, which will be our most ambititous yet!

Thank you Jonas for the good times, the friendship and the amazing music, you will be missed!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Scar Symmetry
Posted: 06.08.2013 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 103 users
06.08.2013 - 22:58
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Hmmm, wasn't he the main songwriter?
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

06.08.2013 - 23:44
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by psykometal on 06.08.2013 at 22:58

Hmmm, wasn't he the main songwriter?

That was exactly what I was going to ask :S I hope not because then the band will turn stale...more so than when Christian left -.-
07.08.2013 - 08:32
dougver1
Well, that's TWO of the most important members of the band gone. I get a bad feeling this is gonna go In Flames reeeeeeeeeeeal soon here...

Then again, who knows, Unseen Empire held up pretty well without Alvestam, so maybe this can work out too.
07.08.2013 - 09:02
Monolithic
♠♠♠
^ Not that I'm trying to imply that I'm an Alvestam fanboy but Unseen Empire was really below SS standards.

But still, it never hurts to see what they're brewing for their next album.

Hits total: 2638 | This month: 3