Metal Storm logo
Leprous - Part Ways With Bassist, Replacement Announced

Norwegian metallers Leprous, who have released a brand new album, Coal, earlier this year (May 20th), have now announced that they've parted ways with bassist Rein Blomquist. Rein has been part of the group for the last two years and has participated on the last two full length albums, Coal (2013) and Bilateral (2011).

Statement by Leprous: "As some of you might have suspected, Rein and Leprous have chosen different paths for the future. Rein has been a part of Leprous in our two best years so far, and we are forever grateful for all the great music good times! He will play his last show on Brutal Assault this Saturday, so be there if you wanna wave him goodbye!"

Rein comments: "The time has come for me to part ways with Leprous. I feel the need to prioritize different things in life, and as Leprous is a band that needs, and deserves, a high level of dedication, I decided that the best course of action was to take my leave. I am extremely grateful for being a part of Leprous for the last couple of years, for all the great memories and experiences, the ups and downs, and for being able to share them all with the rest of the guys in the band. I am confident that Leprous will continue on to accomplish great things, and I look forward to follow Leprous into the future. Thanks for the ride, guys!"

The band also comments on recruiting a new member: "But, we are really happy to announce our new bass player, Martin Skrebergene! Martin is a very talented bass player, the most beautiful bass sound and technique we've heard in a while! We want you all to give him a warm welcome, and be there when he will perform his first Leprous show at Le Ferrallieur in Nantes, France.

Martin adds: "I'm really excited to be a part of this great band and inspiring group of people. I look forward to bringing my style and musical influences into the band, and contributing with shaping an awesome future ahead with Leprous."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Leprous
Posted: 09.08.2013 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 51 users
09.08.2013 - 19:24
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Sounds like a good replacement!
----
09.08.2013 - 23:53
sart_pl
Coal is really, really weak. I can't listen to this. Loooong, booooooring riffs and actually no catchy melodies tells me that they are going in the wrong way. It's maximum 3/10.
10.08.2013 - 16:57
Blakheim
Written by sart_pl on 09.08.2013 at 23:53

Coal is really, really weak. I can't listen to this. Loooong, booooooring riffs and actually no catchy melodies tells me that they are going in the wrong way. It's maximum 3/10.

No catchy melodies?? Dude, WTF, did u hear The Valley?? it's catchy as fuck... Echo is wonderful too, anyway...
10.08.2013 - 22:44
Risto
Wandering Midget
Coal is better than Bilateral.
12.08.2013 - 07:00
maged918
Really hope this doesn't affect them negatively.. They were becoming one of the best Prog Metal acts in the past 10 years.
21.08.2013 - 00:00
drf1223
I saw them at Brutal Assault with the mighty Ihsahn and it was an excellent, tight performance. Hope the new guy easily fits in and improve their act even more.

Hits total: 1905 | This month: 3