Metal Storm logo
Skeletonwitch - Reveal New Album Details

Currently celebrating ten years of blackened thrash metal, Skeletonwitch are proud to unveil details about the band's upcoming release Serpents Unleashed. Set for release in North America on October 29th (October 28th Europe/UK, October 25th Germany), the follow-up to 2011's Forever Abomination was recorded earlier this year at GodCity Studio with Kurt Ballou ( Converge, Trap Them, High On Fire). Down under you can also check out the new cover artwork, tracklist and behind the scenes studio tracking footage.

Serpents Unleashed features cover artwork by John Baizley ( Baroness, Kylesa, Kvelertak), who returns to the fold for the first time since 2007's Beyond The Permafrost.

Tracklist:

01. Serpents Unleashed
02. Beneath Dead Leaves
03. I Am Of Death (Hell Has Arrived)
04. From a Cloudless Sky
05. Burned From Bone
06. Unending, Everliving
07. Blade On The Flesh, Blood On My Hands
08. This Evil Embrace
09. Unwept
10. Born of the Light That Does Not Shine
11. More Cruel Than Weak

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Skeletonwitch
Posted: 14.08.2013 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 103 users
14.08.2013 - 18:08
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Lol, before I even read that John Baizley had done the cover art, I immediately thought it looked like something from Baroness.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
14.08.2013 - 18:55
gopherhawk2@gmail.co

Errrmm not sure if Im feeling the art this time. They should have gone for a yellower scheme if they were interested in something like blue then red then green and so on.
----
Follow your heart, not trends.
14.08.2013 - 18:57
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Well, shit, I'm stoked. I can think of no better man producing an album like this than Kurt Ballou.

On the other hand, as much as I do like that album artwork, I prefer the the last 2 covers a little more.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
14.08.2013 - 19:17
Lit.
Account deleted
Cover's okay, but what do I care? I'm sure that album's gonna be great.
14.08.2013 - 20:10
Zap
Sounds like Skeletonwitch.
Perfect.
14.08.2013 - 23:21
Mattybu

Written by Doc G. on 14.08.2013 at 18:57

Well, shit, I'm stoked. I can think of no better man producing an album like this than Kurt Ballou.

On the other hand, as much as I do like that album artwork, I prefer the the last 2 covers a little more.

I agree. I also think this album will be a turning point in Skeletonwitch history. They will crank up the heat and bring some mind melting shit, or they will release a relatively safe album and possibly never release much special again.

I also think the last 2 covers were better, however neither were as good as Beyond the Permafrost. Obviously this artist has his style he is recognized and known for, but I think it just doesn't seem right for the band here... Beyond the Permafrost looks cold and evil, and sounds exactly that way too, THAT worked.
15.08.2013 - 05:29
Aetherius

Cant wait!
15.08.2013 - 21:43
TheLostChord

Cool song!
16.08.2013 - 02:07
sbgmetal

That is an awesome song full of varied metal riffs
16.08.2013 - 07:00
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Mattybu on 14.08.2013 at 23:21

I also think this album will be a turning point in Skeletonwitch history. They will crank up the heat and bring some mind melting shit, or they will release a relatively safe album and possibly never release much special again.

Good point. Their albums have been getting increasingly better with each release, with Forever Abomination being such a huge jump forward for the band, I think this one will be do-or-die.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.08.2013 - 23:38
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
So, the cover art is terrible.

Hits total: 4140 | This month: 6