Metal Storm logo
Judas Iscariot USBM

Original post

Posted by Dead Ohlin, 27.12.2006 - 21:44
Band was essentially a soloproject of 'Akhenaten' him playing all instruments
until 1999 when 'Cryptic Winter' joined the band as a session drummer.
There was also a briefly existing line-up for gigs, featuring members from
' Nargaroth',' Krieg' and'Absu'.
The band recorded five full length albums before ending in 2002
with Akhenaten moving to Germany, and then later re-locating to Canada.

Discography

Full-length albums
The Cold Earth Slept Below (1995)
Thy Dying Light (1996)
Of Great Eternity (1997)
Distant in Solitary Night (1998)
Heaven in Flames (1999, Red Stream Inc)
To Embrace the Corpses Bleeding (2002, Red Stream Inc)

EPs
Arise, My Lord (1996)
Dethroned, Conquered and Forgotten (2000)
March of the Apocalypse (2002)
Moonlight Butchery (2002)

Split albums
Judas Iscariot/Weltmacht (1999)
None Shall Escape the Wrath (with Krieg, Eternal Majesty and Macabre Omen, 2000)
To the Coming Age of Intolerance (with Krieg, 2001)

Compilations
From Hateful Visions (2000)
Midnight Frost (To Rest with Eternity) (2002)
16.06.2007 - 03:14
Germ
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 15.06.2007 at 19:41

Written by Guest on 14.06.2007 at 03:45

I tend not to like USBM at all

... because every us black metal band is similar

Well, in general I suppose....but Vesperian Sorrow I DO like, and they are different from most USBM bands I have heard...
16.06.2007 - 04:39
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Damnated on 15.06.2007 at 19:41

... because every us black metal band is similar

Night Conquer's Day is one of the best Black Metal bands I have ever heard. And they have some more good bands, and Judas Iscariot is definetely amongs them
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
16.06.2007 - 11:00
Damnated
Churchburner
*sighs* i was sarcastic. how can you dismiss the scene of a whole country? you say you don't like usbm at all. why? the bands aren't similar, at all. there are many orignal and unique acts coming from the states, however i'm shure you're not familiar with any of them.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
16.06.2007 - 15:33
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Damnated on 16.06.2007 at 11:00

*sighs* i was sarcastic. how can you dismiss the scene of a whole country? you say you don't like usbm at all. why? the bands aren't similar, at all. there are many orignal and unique acts coming from the states, however i'm shure you're not familiar with any of them.

Not sure is this messege for me, but I never said that
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
16.06.2007 - 17:47
Goat
Account deleted

Referring to Dead as "some kid who screams" does not give you the right to an opinion.

I didn't dismiss the scene of a whole country, I said I liked Vesperian Sorrow didn't I?
16.06.2007 - 19:53
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 16.06.2007 at 17:47

I didn't dismiss the scene of a whole country

sure you didn't. the phrase I tend not to like USBM at all means that you love santa clause.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
16.06.2007 - 20:15
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath

No, no not at all.

Hahaha claaasssiiiicccc.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
16.06.2007 - 21:09
Goat
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 16.06.2007 at 19:53

shure you didn't. the fraze I tend not to like USBM at all means that you love santa clause.

Yea, maybe it does, in goat-language. Santa Clause kicks ass
21.06.2007 - 11:23
A.J Thunder
And the cold earth slept below... i found quit boring typical bm with nothing new to offer. I dont think JI is another darkthrone clone even if it has many of the same elements but hey so does many many other bands that are trying or are raw and primitive. Problem with these bands is often the lack of idea wich makes many of em sound like an bad copy of darkthrone. Darkthrone just had/has that "something" wich made it so grim,cold and dark. A clear strong vision about the music and the attitude.

The best side of JI IMO is shown in songs like "From hatefull vision" on Heaven in flames. Mid tempoed harsh and "melodic".

One good USBM band to check out is Kult ov Azazel my favourit from the US , brutal well played black metal that i think has an unique style of creating really aggresive black metal, an stand out from the masses!
24.03.2008 - 17:15
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I downloaded some songs by this band yesterday, I like the music!
22.05.2008 - 05:53
mortjoyeux
I like this band, generic as it may be.
22.05.2008 - 11:11
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I'm actually listening to "In the Valley of Death" right now on the Judas Iscariot myspace and it actually sounds quite good and refreshing. I don't ever remember liking this band much, but it sounds pretty good for being not very original. But unoriginal doesn't always mean bad. It could be just this one song though, I'll have to immerse myself further and find out.
----
The force will be with you, always.
22.05.2008 - 20:42
TheBigRossowski

Referring to Dead as "some kid who screams" does not give you the right to an opinion.

I didn't dismiss the scene of a whole country, I said I liked Vesperian Sorrow didn't I?

Vesperian Sorrow? You're from Texas aren't you? Perhaps the "Midwest" Abilene, Odessa, was weiss ich (?).

Listened to Demonstruction? There a good one from that region...

The topic is on Judas Iscariot, so I will go on with that. Why did he just get up and move to Germany and then to Canada? Distant in Solitary Night is my favorite album from him..."The Black Clouds.." being my favorite song. Very classic black metal shit!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
23.05.2008 - 00:51
Gordon Freeman
I guess I have no ear for "original" black metal. I've always felt that Judas Iscariot was a fairly unique band with a some really original tunes.

...I've been wrong before...

Either way, I'm still a big JI fan.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
05.10.2008 - 01:21
Mosquiller
Nothing interesting about this band, sounds pretty standard compared to what is coming from the USBM scene and the standard for USBM is shit.
----
Written by Konrad on 10.12.2009 at 22:41

Hey, if you put your mind to something, you can accomplish it...just don't give up.
07.10.2008 - 07:12
Southern Wind
Account deleted
It had always amezed me this ridiculous anti-americanism that affects USBM. The US scene is the best under almost any point of view since at least 10 years ago.
09.10.2008 - 13:58
Ignusblack
I don't think Judas Iscariot, should considere and "USBM" I mean the scene in that country is so much different, to JI I love this band, it has so much power in lyrics and also in music of course... and to one comment up "because every us black metal band is similar" I don't know if it was sarcastic or not, But... I think black metal bands from that country are the LESS similiar, the "big" ones... had and unique sound. Amazing scene.

Anyway Judas Iscariot it is amazing.!
09.10.2008 - 14:36
Sunioj
I tried out this band a few times. Very, very boring. I was expecting something a little bitter because of all the hype this band gets, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that is into BM.
10.12.2008 - 09:16
CYFAWS
Account deleted
I agree with the post above.
11.12.2008 - 03:55
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I'm considering buying the album Heaven In Flames based only of of the songs "an Eternal Kingdon of Fire" and "from Hateful Visions". Is the rest of the album as good as those songs? Is it a worthy buy?
----
Coldgrits
13.12.2008 - 06:19
mortjoyeux
You should listen to the whole cd before you buy it, people's opinions might make you miss out on something you like, or make you get something that sucks the dong.
14.10.2009 - 07:46
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
I really like this band....