Metal Storm logo
Katatonia - Release Lyric Video

Katatonia are giving us a weekend treat with a lyric video to a full song off the upcoming Dethroned & Uncrowned release. The song is called "The One You Are Looking For Is Not Here" and you can listen to it and watch the lyric video for it below. How do you like it compared to the original version of the song?

Dethroned & Uncrowned allows the group to explore the ambient and progressive elements of the record Dead End Kings further as they have reworked the album, creating new moods and textures while still staying truthful to the core of the songs. Kscope is releasing it on September 9th.

Tracklist:

01. The Parting
02. The One You Are Looking For Is Not Here
03. Hypnone
04. The Racing Heart
05. Buildings
06. Leech
07. Ambitions
08. Undo You
09. Lethean
10. First Prayer
11. Dead Letters

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Katatonia
Posted: 17.08.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 189 users
17.08.2013 - 17:04
Kuroboshi

Already?
17.08.2013 - 18:22
ProgVet

17.08.2013 - 19:13
♱ RaVeN ♱

I really don't get it , why cover a whole album ? why cover your latest album so soon after its release? music is
getting boring and uninspiring these days... "there is a darkness coming"
17.08.2013 - 21:26
Opethian

This is fucking lame and i love these guys ... WTF! Get your heads out of each others asses and put out some good material!!!!
17.08.2013 - 22:46
Rasa

I like the idea but I say it would be better to release a compilation of selected songs from the whole discography, not just one album.
18.08.2013 - 01:13
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
It sounds good, though I'm more curious about what the heavier songs on the album will sound like. This isn't quite what I was expecting, but I still like it for what it is. I sort of prefer the original version myself, though it was nice to hear greater clarity in the backing vocals here.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
18.08.2013 - 03:03
God Alone

I just like it for what it is, though I obviously prefer the original one. I'm a bit afraid to hear The Racing Heart and Undo You (already very atmospheric songs that won't change too much), and also Buildings and Dead Letters.
18.08.2013 - 09:43
undi

It's nice and sounds cool, but I will miss the late Katatonia too much if they stick to this more ambient and soothing sound from now on. Let's hope it's just an experiment.
18.08.2013 - 16:40
Nivrame

I am worried, that they began to walk same path as Anathema.
But artwork is great again, I loved those from Dead End Kings, the only thing I can complain about is change of logo.
18.08.2013 - 17:45
Rasa

Written by Guest on 17.08.2013 at 22:54

Written by Rasa on 17.08.2013 at 22:46

I like the idea but I say it would be better to release a compilation of selected songs from the whole discography, not just one album.

How do you like it compared to the original version of the song?

To be honest, I like this stripped down version more than original. I don't think it will be the case with the whole album but this one in particular sounds better like that. Silje and Jonas' voices just shine. Well, you could say music is left at the backstage here serving to create atmosphere. Still soothing.
18.08.2013 - 20:29
Rasa

Written by Guest on 18.08.2013 at 19:38

Written by Rasa on 18.08.2013 at 17:45

To be honest, I like this stripped down version more than original. I don't think it will be the case with the whole album but this one in particular sounds better like that. Silje and Jonas' voices just shine. Well, you could say music is left at the backstage here serving to create atmosphere. Still soothing.

I personally prefer the original one, but this one is passable too. I think the reason for it is that this new version doesn't breathe freely, and that stems from their use of certain musical elements/instruments which somehow break too much of the original and natural flow of the track. Silje's voice is great, yeah, but Renkse is a bit disappointing nowadays. He doesn't evolve anymore or something.

I wouldn't say it's his voice. I think that the vocal melodies themselves are a bit dull sometimes.
19.08.2013 - 10:00
andreosokin
SOUNDERY
Already pre-ordered. I hope the rest of the album will be more about the band, not just Frank Default's remixes with Nystrom's acoustic guitar fills
19.08.2013 - 23:34
Rasputin

Interesting.
04.09.2013 - 00:37
Góral
Combo Breaker
Written by Nivrame on 18.08.2013 at 16:40

I am worried, that they began to walk same path as Anathema.

If it will be just as good, personally I don't mind. Btw very nice this track.

Hits total: 3733 | This month: 5