Metal Storm logo
Dark Tranquillity - 2014 N. American Tour, No Bassist For Now

Dark Tranquillity will be bringing the Construct tour to USA and Canada in early 2014, and the band's good buddies in Omnium Gatherum are confirmed for the main support slot for all dates. Exmortus from California will be the openers. The complete list of dates can be found below, and tickets are already available for purchase here. The band has also made the decision not to bring in a new bass player at this point and will instead use bass on a backing track on live shows.

The band said the following about the bassist situation: "As most of you know, we're hard at work preparing the live set for the upcoming Construct touring cycle. Spirits are high and we're confident that we have a lot of very special shows ahead of us.

On another note: Those of you who have seen us play this year might have noticed that we haven't had a bass player on stage. Construct was written and recorded as a five-piece, and since the band chemistry is at an all-time high and we've never been the ones to shy away from new creative solutions, we wanted to try out playing with the bass on a backing track as opposed to bringing more flesh and blood to the fold. Much to our delight the results have been great, and we have decided for now to let the band be represented on stage by the five people who have spent a total of more than 100 years in the service of D.T.''

Dates:

31 January - San Juan, PR - La Respesta
1 February - Atlanta, GA - The Masquerade
2 February - Baltimore, MD - Soundstage
3 February - New York City, NY - Stage 48
4 February - Worcester, MA - The Palladium
5 February - Montreal, QU - FouFounes
6 February - Quebec City, QU - Dagobert
7 February - Ottawa, ON - Mavericks
8 February - Toronto, ON - Opera House
9 February - London, ON - London Concert Theater
10 February - Cleveland, OH - Peabody's
11 February - Columbus, OH - Shrunken Head
12 February - Joliet, IL - Mojoes
13 February - Lawrence, KS - Granada
14 February - Denver, CO - Bluebird Theater
15 February - Salt Lake City, UT - In The Venue
17 February - Vancouver, BC - Rickshaw Theater
18 February - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
19 February - Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theater
21 February - San Fransisco, CA - DNA Lounge
22 February - West Hollywood, CA - House of Blues
23 February - Tempe, AZ - Club Red
25 February - Dallas, TX - Trees
26 February - Houston, TX - Scout Bar
28 February - Louisville, KY - Diamond Pub and Billiards
1 March - Pittsburgh, PA - Altar Bar
2 March - Philadelphia, PA - The Trocader

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Dark Tranquillity
Posted: 22.08.2013 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 101 users
22.08.2013 - 19:20
MetalManic

As if they're coming to Ottawa!!!!!
22.08.2013 - 22:11
HaaskAksaaH

No show for Nebraska ... but u will see my headbanging in the first row either in Kansan or Denver \m/
22.08.2013 - 23:52
WorpeX
Made of Metal
I'll be at the Troc head banging away. \m/
23.08.2013 - 02:09
Lanthros

Cool except the lack of a bassist. Come on guys a back track? Just get a fill in the bass parts you use arent that difficult
23.08.2013 - 10:17
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Lanthros on 23.08.2013 at 02:09

Cool except the lack of a bassist. Come on guys a back track? Just get a fill in the bass parts you use arent that difficult

It's probably a whole different matter than difficulty, and that is touring expenses, alongside not wanting to risk good chemistry. It's a little sad that bands have to drop members out in favour of backing tracks in order to have a better chance of touring overseas...
28.08.2013 - 17:17
Lanthros

Written by Risto on 23.08.2013 at 10:17

Written by Lanthros on 23.08.2013 at 02:09

It's probably a whole different matter than difficulty, and that is touring expenses, alongside not wanting to risk good chemistry. It's a little sad that bands have to drop members out in favour of backing tracks in order to have a better chance of touring overseas...

well i cant really argue with you on that. Your point is very sound in fact. For me personally though id still get a fill in i know a few who would do it cheap or free just for the fun and to get their names out there more. But like I said thats just me.

Hits total: 4923 | This month: 6