Metal Storm logo
Dying Fetus

Original post

Posted by Immortal Plague, 20.05.2006 - 04:18
Dying Fetus, a great Death Metal band, with many great albums, and even more great songs and riffs, i would like to know from you guys what you like the most about this band, what are some of your favorite songs by them, your favorite album by them, and other things you like about this band, and if you guys also have any criticism please share.
11.11.2011 - 08:37
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Guest on 11.11.2011 at 03:29
There are couple here but what does it really matter?

Breakdowns aren't always a bad thing.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
11.11.2011 - 18:34
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.11.2011 at 08:37

Not at all.
I think its just the whole emo/deathcore scene that kind of put some bad images in peoples head.
11.11.2011 - 19:13
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Well it's the deathcore scene that gives breakdowns a bad name, since 95% of every song is just breakdown repetition. A lot of brutal death metal bands employ the use of breakdowns, but usually at least half the song has actual riffs.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
12.11.2011 - 02:52
Savopipo
Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.11.2011 at 08:37

A good breakdown is always a good thing but you need the balls to do it.
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com
24.11.2011 - 04:17
second_coming89
Account deleted
All these years I've prejudged this band, never realising that they're actually a serious band with politically driven content.
It's just they present themselves so poorly.....The band name, plus having a song called "Kill Your Mother, Rape Your Dog".
I'd never actually reviewed the lyrics until recently. Plus I find his vocals to be an aquired taste.
But wow, Dying Fetus are actually fuckin good!!
How could I have been so ignorant?
27.11.2011 - 06:28
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.11.2011 at 19:13

Well it's the deathcore scene that gives breakdowns a bad name, since 95% of every song is just breakdown repetition. A lot of brutal death metal bands employ the use of breakdowns, but usually at least half the song has actual riffs.

Breakdowns are really great if you have a sub in your car and you want to annoy people in the parking lot.
27.11.2011 - 14:26
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 24.11.2011 at 04:17

Probably all the weed you smoke. Bitch.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
30.11.2011 - 00:18
second_coming89
Account deleted
Written by vezzy on 27.11.2011 at 14:26

Written by Guest on 24.11.2011 at 04:17

Probably all the weed you smoke. Bitch.

That would have made sense if marijuana had actually been proven to kill brain cells.....which it has not, so kindly fuck off :
I'd say act your age......but I think you already are.

a band with a name like "Dying Fetus", I wouldn't expect them to have politically or socially charged lyrics. I would expect them to be a gorey band like Devourment or Cannibal Corpse. So it's actually a matter of them presenting themselves poorly and my failure to research them more deeply.
30.11.2011 - 00:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Guest on 30.11.2011 at 00:18
a band with a name like "Dying Fetus", I wouldn't expect them to have politically or socially charged lyrics.

I think that's actually a great name. It could mean a lot of things: impending abortion (abortion being the political issue), living to die (could be reflective of poverty and/or circumstantial suicide).
----
30.11.2011 - 11:40
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 30.11.2011 at 00:18
That would have made sense if marijuana had actually been proven to kill brain cells.....which it has not, so kindly fuck off :
I'd say act your age......but I think you already are.

a band with a name like "Dying Fetus", I wouldn't expect them to have politically or socially charged lyrics. I would expect them to be a gorey band like Devourment or Cannibal Corpse. So it's actually a matter of them presenting themselves poorly and my failure to research them more deeply.

Neither does alcohol, but getting high and promoting weed on the interwebz may be distracting you from... finding good bands.

also -1 for failing to metaphor

and triforce
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
11.12.2011 - 03:47
Here's some live footage of DEHUMANIZED, a band whom DYING FETUS covered on their new EP.
BRUTAL NEW YORK DEATH METAL!!!

http://youtu.be/ILDujrUEfX4
31.05.2012 - 20:09
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Fetus-heads! I have an interview opportunity coming up and would love to hear some questions from you guys. I'm assuming the interview will be with Gallagher, but don't be afraid to send in questions about other band members.
----
31.05.2012 - 21:26
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 31.05.2012 at 20:09

Fetus-heads! I have an interview opportunity coming up and would love to hear some questions from you guys. I'm assuming the interview will be with Gallagher, but don't be afraid to send in questions about other band members.

I kinda want to know when Sean started playing bass, he's a like a janitor he sweeps so much
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
31.05.2012 - 21:44
Grey Wind

I'd wanna know if they agree "killing on adrenaline" is their best album. And if they are still in contact with Kevin Talley(ex-drummer). Well, that's what I'm interested in. Also, which are their favorite bands in DM, and in general, even outside of metal? Do they check out new bands? or do they just listen to the old classics?
----
wimps and posers leave the hall lol
31.05.2012 - 21:46
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Good questions so far - will definitely be swiping a few of these.
----
05.06.2012 - 19:57
A.Ghosheh
Troy you got Reign Supreme before everyone else, you webzines dude are so damn lucky.
----
Kem Khefa Kheshef
09.06.2012 - 01:03
TrollandDie

One thing I'm curious about is how he sees the changing environment that death metal is going through. There are a lot of new groups adding new elements to the genre-such as Fleshgod Apocalypse, Obscura, The Faceless, among others-in the past several years.

I'd like to know whether they feel like it's a welcoming breath of fresh air to the scene, or if they're not huge fans of these new stylisations of the genre.
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.
09.06.2012 - 01:04
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by TrollandDie on 09.06.2012 at 01:03
I'd like to know whether they feel like it's a welcoming breath of fresh air to the scene, or if they're not huge fans of these new stylisations of the genre.

Consider it part of the interview. Great question by the way.
----
09.06.2012 - 01:15
TrollandDie
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.06.2012 at 01:04

Written by TrollandDie on 09.06.2012 at 01:03

Consider it part of the interview. Great question by the way.

Oh you!

*Sigh* If only a topic like this came up as an essay topic for my English final. ''Dying Fetus: more tech-death than grindcore. Discuss'' would've been a more desirable choice than the ones given me.
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.