Metal Storm logo
Antaeus

29.12.2006 - 15:13
Dead Ohlin
Mo.Panahi
Antaeus in Greek and Berber mythology was a giant of Libya.
French extreme black metal band offering eerie ambient and chaotic.their music is
quite brutal, blasting and undoubtedly black.

Discography

Albums
2000 - Cut your flesh and Worship Satan
2002 - De Principii Evangelikum
2006 - Blood libels

Other Releases
1996 - Supremacist Dawn (Demo tape)
1998 - Split demo with Eternal Majesty
1999 - Rekordin 2000-I
1999 - Nihil Kahos (Live tape)
2001 - Reverse Voices of the Dead (Split EP with Necrophagia)
2001 - SPK Kommando (Split EP with Deviant, Eternal Majesty, Hell Militia)
2002 - Split MLP with Aosoth
2002 - Satanic Audio Violence (Demo)
2003 - Split Live Tape with Krieg
----
A man's dead body must always
have been a source of interest to
those whose companion he was while he lived ...
29.12.2006 - 17:44
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Yeah. I like them a lot. Good band. My favourite album is Cut Your Flesh and Worship Satan(despite the blase name). They're a very brutal band, and well I like them for being brutal
They're a mut-try out for fans of Anaal Nathrakh,1349, Deathspell Omega and other such brutal black metal bands.
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
31.12.2006 - 03:10
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Pretty satanic Black Metal band this is. I took a glimpse at their profile in MA and it said that their style is labeled as Raw Black Metal and that makes me wonder what makes them rawer in contrast to other Black Metal bands which are in MA and do not deviate much from the aggressiveness that this band has and which are still labeled simply as "Black Metal". If someone can explain me what this "Raw Black Metal" means I would certainly appreciate it for it is a categorization that comes to be new for me (at least when used for this band and not for other bands as raw as this one).

I have their Cut Your Flesh And Worship Satan album reissue through Osmose Records and which comes to be, supposedly, limited to 2000 releases. Apart from that, I have some MP3s from other releases from them. The vocals are pretty hateful, the guitar riffs are catchy and aggressive and the drumming is tight even when at times it seems a little triggered but it comes to be just at moments, as if they were meant to be that way. The lyrics have no much depth at times, being more about killing, hate and so forth but not every Goddamn band in this unholy World needs to have pretentious lyrics. Pretty good French band I would say they are.
----
Christless
31.12.2006 - 03:29
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
I have Cut Your Flesh and Worship Satan and De Principii Evangelikum, and they're an okay band. Not too crazy about them, but they're decent enough music. My favourite of the two is probably De Principii Evangelikum.
----
31.12.2006 - 18:14
Basso
Account deleted
Written by CrypticMyth on 29.12.2006 at 17:44

My favourite album is Cut Your Flesh and Worship Satan(despite the blase name).

LoL, I love such names xD have to check them out. Cliches ist krieg
02.01.2007 - 16:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know band but I never har like them so much its extreame destructive BM whit no soem kind a mystic stuffs what can take me into it
I had ehar some albums, but delite them from PC but one think what I like its splitt whit Ethernal Majesty another great French BM band
From Eternal majesty I know this album ''From War to Darkness''
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.11.2007 - 12:20
Damnated
Churchburner
It's a shame they might broke up. they've been without a drummer for ages now.

They're one of those black metal bands that can create an atmosphere by just being them selfs. Sheer satanic wrath tbh. And it works. Cut Your Flesh and Worship Satan with it's raw, sand like production is one of the best albums in it's genre. Too bad that after that they changed their production style, but the result is still satisfying so it's ok i guess.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
26.11.2007 - 06:44
mankvill

GOD I love Antaeus. One of the first black metal bands I heard. CYFAWS is fantastic, but my favorite is definitely De Principii Evangelikum. Shame that they broke up, but an excellent band.
26.11.2007 - 08:37
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by mankvill on 26.11.2007 at 06:44

Shame that they broke up, but an excellent band.

MA: "According to a recent interview with MkM, Antaeus will never play live again after their tour with Secrets of the Moon. They remain active as a recording band with the "incomplete" line-up and probably a session drummer in the future." sounds good to me.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
26.11.2007 - 20:44
mankvill

Written by Damnated on 26.11.2007 at 08:37

Written by mankvill on 26.11.2007 at 06:44

Shame that they broke up, but an excellent band.

MA: "According to a recent interview with MkM, Antaeus will never play live again after their tour with Secrets of the Moon. They remain active as a recording band with the "incomplete" line-up and probably a session drummer in the future." sounds good to me.
Oh, okay. I was just going by the post above me, hehe.

too bad I'll never see them live, though. The stuff on YouTube of them live is great.
22.02.2008 - 20:29
NOИ

great religious black metal from France, their sound is nothing serious but powerfull black metal in my opinion. too bad that they are not so active anymore, still waiting for a better album that will shake the world.
24.02.2008 - 15:03
apostate
Account deleted
one of the very few (yet underrated) bands with utter authenticity in their musical delivery. every song simply drips with emotional anguish... great stuff... id say CYFAWS is prob. the definitive Antaeus album with Blood Libels as a close second for conviction and maturity.
21.05.2008 - 10:38
TheBigRossowski

Yeah, DAMN YOU! There not really "broke up", just on pause or something. We can all look forward to seeing something from them in the future. Its a shame the drummer left though, the drums on Blood Libels are insane! I have all three albums and BL is definitely a favorite! It needs a higher rating on the review too, I'd give it a 9. They really stepped up from each album and Blood Libels is a look at the undeniable reign and control they have on their style black metal.

MkM is doing a project with a band called Aosoth if anyone is interested. Actually, MkM is just the singer and Bestial Satanic T. makes the music. Its in the same vein as AntaeuS though. LSK is really cool too, I'm glad she's on board now with Secrets of the Moon!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
21.05.2008 - 17:17
Sunioj

Aosoth is also fucking awesome, I can't wait for their upcoming release. Theres even live footage on youtube featuring two of their yet to be released songs.
21.05.2008 - 20:32
Anton Alcolust

Aosoth was on stage last week end in paris . i wasn't here but i heard that it was good . Antaeus stop live since 2006 if i'm right . and now it's beetwen on hold and active , i don't know . but it was a good french band ...
----
A.M.S.G.
21.05.2008 - 22:20
TheBigRossowski

They did play for this ughh.."Black Metal is on the Rise" show or something like that. (I don't usually look this stuff up before I write it, lyrics, concerts, etc.) I probably should....

There is an Aosoth release in June 2008! Looking forward to it!!!

Losing site of what's the main topic though! HAIL ANTAEUS!

Any favorite songs? Mine include "Rot, Colliding in Ashes, Blood War 111, Intravenal Call, Specimen 23, Nihil Kaos".

The video for Blood War 111 gives you a good understanding of what demented thoughts cross their sinister minds.
----
22.05.2008 - 01:30
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Cut Your Flesh and Worship Satan is the only album by them that I have, and it's fucking brutal. After reading some posts before me, I guess I should check out the others as well.

And I just found out that Set also is in Sublime Cadaveric Decomposition. Cool.
25.05.2008 - 08:17
Herzebeth

Written by Dangerboner on 22.05.2008 at 01:30

Cut Your Flesh and Worship Satan is the only album by them that I have, and it's fucking brutal. After reading some posts before me, I guess I should check out the others as well.

Sublime Cadaveric Decomposition? fuck that's cool-...

I also have just one album by Antaeus...uhm...can't remember which one though, I even wrote a review for it, I do remember it was like a kick in the balls....I'll fucking spin it as soon as possible while killing some hobos in GTA IV
----
25.05.2008 - 09:49
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 22.05.2008 at 01:30

btw, that is onw of the greatest album titles in bm
25.05.2008 - 15:17
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Herzebeth on 25.05.2008 at 08:17

I also have just one album by Antaeus...uhm...can't remember which one though, I even wrote a review for it, I do remember it was like a kick in the balls....I'll fucking spin it as soon as possible while killing some hobos in GTA IV

Blood Libels

i really got into Antaeus in the past months and CYFAWS is definitely my fav from them, one of my fav bm albums overall. it's brilliantly raw and crushing. their later stuff is sounds a bit same tbh.
----

11.01.2011 - 15:24
Narterath

I'm bumping an old thread, but Antaeus is doing an exclusive show in Deathkult Open Air in Germany, 3-4 of June 2011. Source: http://www.myspace.com/deathkultopenair
It looks to be a good festival, too bad I'll probably be having exams at that time.

As far as Antaeus goes, lately I've been spinning Blood Libels constantly. Such a good album. The music feels like someone keeps pounding your testicles with a sledgehammer and doesn't stop until they're mush.

I forgot to mention the split with Katharsis. Antaeus' track in that split, Misery Of The Defeated was a great disappointment for me. Too tame, too toned down, the drums weren't that good sound and performance-wise and generally the music seemed like it lost the Antaeus style. Of course, some of these comments are because of the production as well, it's just too clear and polished and it takes out some of the feeling of the music. At some parts it seems like they're keeping the old spirit alive, but the greatest part of that track is mediocre.
11.01.2011 - 20:55
TheBigRossowski

Written by Narterath on 11.01.2011 at 15:24

I'm bumping an old thread, but Antaeus is doing an exclusive show in Deathkult Open Air in Germany, 3-4 of June 2011. Source: http://www.myspace.com/deathkultopenair
It looks to be a good festival, too bad I'll probably be having exams at that time.

As far as Antaeus goes, lately I've been spinning Blood Libels constantly. Such a good album. The music feels like someone keeps pounding your testicles with a sledgehammer and doesn't stop until they're mush.

The event has been posted on here for awhile now. Glad you bumped this though! Antaeus definitely deserve some attention! I'll be glad to see them live finally, FUCK YEAH! LSK won't be playing with them though, she'll be on tour with SOTM.
----
12.01.2011 - 11:40
Narterath

Written by TheBigRossowski on 11.01.2011 at 20:55

The event has been posted on here for awhile now. Glad you bumped this though! Antaeus definitely deserve some attention! I'll be glad to see them live finally, FUCK YEAH! LSK won't be playing with them though, she'll be on tour with SOTM.

I just needed a reason to bump this to be honest. This band constantly seems to be underrated, yet the people that heard their music praise it all the time. I have no idea why this is, there are worse bands getting more praise here. So LSK is not playing with Hell Militia either? Damn, that sucks. By the way, you are one lucky bastard. Bitterness makes me wish all the bands in the festival start doing an Eagles tribute there.
12.01.2011 - 16:55
TheBigRossowski

Written by Narterath on 12.01.2011 at 11:40

Written by TheBigRossowski on 11.01.2011 at 20:55

I just needed a reason to bump this to be honest. This band constantly seems to be underrated, yet the people that heard their music praise it all the time. I have no idea why this is, there are worse bands getting more praise here. So LSK is not playing with Hell Militia either? Damn, that sucks. By the way, you are one lucky bastard. Bitterness makes me wish all the bands in the festival start doing an Eagles tribute there.

Haha! That would be pretty gay... I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man!

No, she'll be playing with Hell Militia, but they're playing Friday evening. On Saturday she'll be in Poland with Secrets of the Moon. The real reason I know that she's out is because MKM told me. I just wanted to be cool for a second and pretend like I had put one and one together. But yeah, she'll be in Hell Militia fo' sho'.

Nothing wrong with a bump every now and then!
----