12. As I Am Exploding [Deluxe Edition bonus]
13. Skulls...We Are 138 [Misfits cover] [Deluxe Edition bonus]
14. Losing My Religion [R.E.M. cover] [Japanese bonus]

Additional info
Produced by David Draiman.

Staff review by
omne metallum
Rating:
Vengeance isn't the only thing that falls on this album.

Read more ››
published 17.11.2020 | Comments (0)

Found in 22 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 65   Visited by: 716 users
29.08.2013 - 01:58
Rating: 7
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Weird how there are a couple of votes already on this album and it isn't released for about another six weeks.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
29.08.2013 - 17:56
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Ace Frawley on 29.08.2013 at 01:58

Weird how there are a couple of votes already on this album and it isn't released for about another six weeks.

They're likely voting to indicate their expectations based on the one song that has been released so far.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

29.08.2013 - 18:35
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by psykometal on 29.08.2013 at 17:56
They're likely voting to indicate their expectations based on the one song that has been released so far.

Still a pretty dumb thing to be doing if you ask me.
29.08.2013 - 23:13
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Angelic Storm on 29.08.2013 at 18:35

Written by psykometal on 29.08.2013 at 17:56

Still a pretty dumb thing to be doing if you ask me.

Perhaps it would be a good idea for the administrators to only allow voting on an album post-release. It seems nonsensical for votes to appear prior to release. I know albums often get leaked on the internet these days in the run up to release, but the general rule of voting post-release seems sensible to me.
----
29.08.2013 - 23:48
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Ace Frawley on 29.08.2013 at 23:13
Perhaps it would be a good idea for the administrators to only allow voting on an album post-release. It seems nonsensical for votes to appear prior to release. I know albums often get leaked on the internet these days in the run up to release, but the general rule of voting post-release seems sensible to me.

I'm actually amazed that isn't already the case. The situation is ridiculous, and should be changed....
30.08.2013 - 02:26
psykometal
A staff guy...
Why? Voting on an album when NO music has been released yet is definitely retarded. But I fail to see why it's stupid to let people vote pre-release if they want to vote on an album ahead of schedule because they liked, or didn't like, album teasers and singles pre-releases.
----

30.08.2013 - 12:55
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by psykometal on 30.08.2013 at 02:26

Why? Voting on an album when NO music has been released yet is definitely retarded. But I fail to see why it's stupid to let people vote pre-release if they want to vote on an album ahead of schedule because they liked, or didn't like, album teasers and singles pre-releases.

My feeling is that the voting system is designed so that one votes on the album as a whole. That's the way I look at it, anyway.
----
30.08.2013 - 16:10
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

Then why stop at that? Let people vote as soon as an album has been mentioned by the band. Basing your vote on fanboyism is hardly worse than voting on a 2 minute preview. Why prevent people from doing so? You kind of flummoxed your own point there; it is stupid to let people do retarded things if any kind of quality control is to be maintained. We nuke people who abuse votes after all.
30.08.2013 - 16:41
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 30.08.2013 at 16:10
Then why stop at that? Let people vote as soon as an album has been mentioned by the band. Basing your vote on fanboyism is hardly worse than voting on a 2 minute preview. Why prevent people from doing so? You kind of flummoxed your own point there; it is stupid to let people do retarded things if any kind of quality control is to be maintained. We nuke people who abuse votes after all.

Precisely. Many albums only contain a certain amount of good (or bad) songs, so rating a whole album on the basis of a song sample, or even one full song, is definitely jumping the gun a bit. Also, I've heard people praising/slamming albums before they've even heard anything from it, due to an extreme pre-disposed bias one way or the other for particular bands. Such viewpoints shouldn't be regarded with any validity whatsoever.
30.08.2013 - 16:46
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 30.08.2013 at 16:41

Precisely. Many albums only contain a certain amount of good (or bad) songs, so rating a whole album on the basis of a song sample, or even one full song, is definitely jumping the gun a bit. Also, I've heard people praising/slamming albums before they've even heard anything from it, due to an extreme pre-disposed bias one way or the other for particular bands. Such viewpoints shouldn't be regarded with any validity whatsoever.

Like anyone who has gone through an entire discog of a band and given out 1s: they most certainly haven't listened to all of them (why would you subject yourself over and over again to a 1/10 experience?). People are really weird.
30.08.2013 - 17:06
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 30.08.2013 at 16:46
Like anyone who has gone through an entire discog of a band and given out 1s: they most certainly haven't listened to all of them (why would you subject yourself over and over again to a 1/10 experience?). People are really weird.

People have actually done that? I'm not surprised in the slightest though, as I'm sure in the case of some of the "tactical" rating that goes on for album of the year placings, people aren't even listening to the albums they're giving bad ratings to... yep, some people are really weird.
30.08.2013 - 17:11
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 30.08.2013 at 17:06

People have actually done that? I'm not surprised in the slightest though, as I'm sure in the case of some of the "tactical" rating that goes on for album of the year placings, people aren't even listening to the albums they're giving bad ratings to... yep, some people are really weird.

Quite a lot actually. I often notice in people's ratings that they sometimes pick out one single band and arbitrarily rate their discog a 1
30.08.2013 - 18:25
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Guest on 30.08.2013 at 16:10

I didn't say we shouldn't nuke them, just that I personally don't feel rating a single pre-release song is an issue. I don't actually know that we have any rule about nuking pre-release votes. If we do then I'd be happy to nuke pre-release votes based on rules, and I'm happy to nuke votes on albums where NO MUSIC has been released/revealed at all, I just don't PERSONALLY have any issues with people voting on a single pre-release song or 2 or 3.

In this situation I look at it as those people are only voting on the one song they've heard so far, sure the vote is an album level vote, but since the album isn't actually out yet I view it as them just indicating that they like what they've heard so far. Since votes can be made, deleted, made, deleted, and made and deleted over and over again to the user's liking they may be planning on recasting their vote as more music is released and once again when the final product is released, and then again in 6 months if the album grows on them or fails on them; people recast their votes all the time around here.
----

30.08.2013 - 19:28
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by psykometal on 30.08.2013 at 18:25

I didn't say we shouldn't nuke them, just that I personally don't feel rating a single pre-release song is an issue. I don't actually know that we have any rule about nuking pre-release votes. If we do then I'd be happy to nuke pre-release votes based on rules, and I'm happy to nuke votes on albums where NO MUSIC has been released/revealed at all, I just don't PERSONALLY have any issues with people voting on a single pre-release song or 2 or 3.

In this situation I look at it as those people are only voting on the one song they've heard so far, sure the vote is an album level vote, but since the album isn't actually out yet I view it as them just indicating that they like what they've heard so far. Since votes can be made, deleted, made, deleted, and made and deleted over and over again to the user's liking they may be planning on recasting their vote as more music is released and once again when the final product is released, and then again in 6 months if the album grows on them or fails on them; people recast their votes all the time around here.

A vote for a pre-release single should go in the single votes page, not on the album page. That vote is not voting for an album.

Yeah, I think you place too much faith in people. It you're someone who votes before an album is released then you probably aren't a particularly balanced individual when it comes to voting strategies.
30.08.2013 - 20:41
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Guest on 30.08.2013 at 19:28

A vote for a pre-release single should go in the single votes page, not on the album page. That vote is not voting for an album.

Yeah, I think you place too much faith in people. It you're someone who votes before an album is released then you probably aren't a particularly balanced individual when it comes to voting strategies.

I'm generally quite cynical when it comes to people, but when it comes to voting on albums in situations like this I could really care less. Now super duper obvious voting abuse like tanking albums/discographies, I do care about. But something as trivial as a pre-release album vote because there's not a [Single] option to vote on since the released single can't actually be downloaded (whether free or paid is irrelevant), not something I'm going to waste my time giving a shit about if there's no rule against it.
----

02.09.2013 - 17:11
John Shock

How can this album have an such antecipated rating, it should be on the day of the release!!!
05.09.2013 - 10:57
Rating: 8
schlakt

I have heard the full album! was at a meet&greet and got to listen to it! will definitely make some people mad, but i think it was a great album! Lots of great riffs!
10.09.2013 - 20:39
Byners

Just imagine if we could rate song by song... *-*
----
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
29.09.2013 - 03:59
3rdWorld
China was a neat
^ Tl;dr. Talk about some epic inter staff off-topic venturing.

I agree that it was in context with the album being voted before release. But, still.

Long story short : Didn't Check out any record from these guys after the initial two. Wonder how this is gonna be.
05.10.2013 - 01:14
DeathSlyzer

I'm on track 8 right now. This wasn't too bad up to this point. I guess some of the songs can end up sounding quite like one another, but that is to be expected, at least from me, as I am pretty used to this being the case. But yeah, the riffs are stellar, and Matt's vocals are fitting to what they are supposed to be doing for the music. As for now, I'm thinking a 7 will be my rating, but I still have the two last tracks to go, so we'll see.
----
I sold my soul to any fool who'd buy it!
What's it gonna take to make you riot!?
05.10.2013 - 01:35
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by 3rdWorld on 29.09.2013 at 03:59

^ Tl;dr. Talk about some epic inter staff off-topic venturing.

Joe is a lazy Elite, not Staff.
----

05.10.2013 - 15:32
Sword_Chant

Long time Trivium fan, this album has David Draiman written all over it. Too much of the producer's input and not enough of a 'Trivium' direction eg. Shogun... so I wouldn't rate it an 8.5 like above. It's not an awful release, but it's lacking the same energy heard in Ascendancy and Shogun.
08.10.2013 - 01:00
Rating: 4
SyntheticBreed

Love Trivium but this album blows.
08.10.2013 - 02:49
Rating: 5
hadriel

Wasn't even a huge fan of In Waves, but that album was fucking gold compared to this. It's so bad that I don't think its even fair to just blame Drainman for ruining this band. pz Trivium.

Seriously though, I wasn't expecting much and this was still super disappointing. Matt's vocals are probably the strongest they've ever been, its a shame the songs are practically unlistenable.
08.10.2013 - 03:39
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by hadriel on 08.10.2013 at 02:49

Wasn't even a huge fan of In Waves, but that album was fucking gold compared to this. It's so bad that I don't think its even fair to just blame Drainman for ruining this band. pz Trivium.

Seriously though, I wasn't expecting much and this was still super disappointing. Matt's vocals are probably the strongest they've ever been, its a shame the songs are practically unlistenable.

How many listens have you had before you came to this judgement?
----
08.10.2013 - 22:59
Rating: 5
hadriel

Written by Ace Frawley on 08.10.2013 at 03:39

Written by hadriel on 08.10.2013 at 02:49

How many listens have you had before you came to this judgement?

Listened to it twice at work yesterday and 1 time last night while I wasn't doing anything else. Since posting, I listened to it again today at work until about halfway through when I couldn't stand it anymore.
08.10.2013 - 23:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I never was huge fan of this band, but at some way this is some kind weeker coppy ''metallica'' in modern day , best song is Strife
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.10.2013 - 00:00
Sword_Chant

This album feels far too copy/paste from their discography for my liking. 'No Hope For The Human Race' sounds almost identical to the chorus of 'Drowning In Slow Motion' from their last album. The screaming of 'Vengeance Falls' sounds exactly like 'Chaos Reigns'.. the last two bonus tracks are the most memorable for me so far.

When they said they were going for something 'heavier' I was hoping it didn't mean they were slowing down..
09.10.2013 - 00:17
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt

because you can't judge on the whole album from the teasers or the singles that are released, the rating will be not accurate, and seriously i'm one of those who care about ratings, specially when it comes to a band that i have never heard of it, 1st thing to do is to check the albums ratings that gives you a good idea about how does this band look like!
09.10.2013 - 00:27
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by hadriel on 08.10.2013 at 22:59

Listened to it twice at work yesterday and 1 time last night while I wasn't doing anything else. Since posting, I listened to it again today at work until about halfway through when I couldn't stand it anymore.

Oh well, sounds like this album isn't for you then. I haven't got it yet, so will have to wait a little bit more before I can listen to it. The songs released thus far sound alright to me.
----

Hits total: 19989 | This month: 22