Metal Storm logo
Party songs!

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 29.12.2006 - 19:42
ok, so with the new year's eve approaching insanely fast, list some of your favorite metal songs that can/should be played at parties? my votes go to:
10.manowar-the gods made heavy metal. BRAINWASHING chorus(yes,it is really that catchy)
9.hammerfall-hearts on fire. again, one of the most brainwashingly catchy choruses ever, and gotta love the slower part in the middle just with vocals. you wouldn't resist singing along sober, nevermind being drunk.
8.blind guardian-the bard's song(in the forest). i don't really need to explain this as it is a fucking live killer,with ALL the crowd singing along
7.metallica-whiplash. being a song from the good old early thrash days about this obscure band called "metallica" and how they tour their asses off having loads of fun, wouldn't you think it would make a great party metal song?
6.anthrax-caught in a mosh. the funniest pre-chorus singing ever! "can't stand for another daay.. i ain't gonna live my life this way!!!" the song just begs you to drink another beer.
5.Judas priest-Hot rockin'. another ridiculously catchy song, and it simply makes you get down on your knees and beg for more beer .
4.Iron maiden-run to the hills. quite possibly their only song that actually is fantastic party metal material, and it fucking owns!
3.Black sabbath-paranoid. fuck, even a club music listener knows this one.
2.Nightwish-moondance. no words can describe the feeling this song exudes, it just COMMANDS you to start dancing around the campfire.
1.judas priest-living after midnight. you can listen to it for 10 years and it doesn't become boring. it's such a simple and rudimentary yet unbelievably catchy and repetitive(in a godly maner) song that i can say, without a doubt in my mind that this is the god of all party metal songs..helloween?hammerfall? sonata? motorhead?pantera? none even come close. all hail the king of party metal songs!

other stuff that deserve mentioning: pantera-cowboys from hell, walk; slayer-seasons in the abyss, angel of death; iced earth-violate; judas priest-you've got another thing coming, the sentinel, breaking the law,(insert 80s priest song in here,most of them are good for parties) and ozzy osbourne-the ultimate sin, crazy train.
06.10.2008 - 20:53
Elio
Red Nightmare
Funeral Doom? Well, everywhere but not at parties.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
06.10.2008 - 20:56
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Lots of doom is lost of fun. Hell there is a lot of uptempo doom. And also the very slow stuff works. Just try it and you'll see. Doomsters aren't gloomy people at all, they are the chirpiest most cheerful people I know. Just go to a doom show or festival and see the people smile and have a great time. Btw, I am not talking about shows that attract a lot of Gothic types.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.10.2008 - 21:00
Janne
Hugin
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.10.2008 at 20:56

Lots of doom is lost of fun. Hell there is a lot of uptempo doom. And also the very slow stuff works. Just try it and you'll see. Doomsters aren't gloomy people at all, they are the chirpiest most cheerful people I know. Just go to a doom show or festival and see the people smile and have a great time. Btw, I am not talking about shows that attract a lot of Gothic types.

Of course, everone is happy while listening to his/her favourite type of music!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
11.10.2008 - 02:38
Gigginova
Account deleted
Written by Janne on 06.10.2008 at 20:31

Doom in parties?? the last genre of metal which would make me feel happy...
Doom is good before sleeping but definitely not at parties...
to parties folk and power!

Maybe the more Stoner/Doom like Eyehategod or Alabama Thunderpussy......but not like the standard doom, no.
11.10.2008 - 04:01
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
for partys folk is always good. most Korpiklaani, Ensiferum, and maybe even some old school groovy death metal too
----
Coldgrits
11.10.2008 - 10:39
Janne
Hugin
Written by -DC-002- on 11.10.2008 at 04:01

for partys folk is always good. most Korpiklaani, Ensiferum, and maybe even some old school groovy death metal too

yep, Ensiferum - Ahti!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
11.10.2008 - 20:17
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Sepultura- Refuse/Resist is also a good addition. "chaos, AD... army, in siege... disorder, unleashed..."
16.10.2008 - 10:32
Murder

glam like Motley Crue or Crash Diet , mmm or hard rock like AC/DC and Led Zepellin... or things like Velvet revolver, guns n roses ... whatever xD if there is alcohol all is fine! XD

Motörhead is good for parties too!