Metal Storm logo
Party songs!

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 29.12.2006 - 19:42
ok, so with the new year's eve approaching insanely fast, list some of your favorite metal songs that can/should be played at parties? my votes go to:
10.manowar-the gods made heavy metal. BRAINWASHING chorus(yes,it is really that catchy)
9.hammerfall-hearts on fire. again, one of the most brainwashingly catchy choruses ever, and gotta love the slower part in the middle just with vocals. you wouldn't resist singing along sober, nevermind being drunk.
8.blind guardian-the bard's song(in the forest). i don't really need to explain this as it is a fucking live killer,with ALL the crowd singing along
7.metallica-whiplash. being a song from the good old early thrash days about this obscure band called "metallica" and how they tour their asses off having loads of fun, wouldn't you think it would make a great party metal song?
6.anthrax-caught in a mosh. the funniest pre-chorus singing ever! "can't stand for another daay.. i ain't gonna live my life this way!!!" the song just begs you to drink another beer.
5.Judas priest-Hot rockin'. another ridiculously catchy song, and it simply makes you get down on your knees and beg for more beer .
4.Iron maiden-run to the hills. quite possibly their only song that actually is fantastic party metal material, and it fucking owns!
3.Black sabbath-paranoid. fuck, even a club music listener knows this one.
2.Nightwish-moondance. no words can describe the feeling this song exudes, it just COMMANDS you to start dancing around the campfire.
1.judas priest-living after midnight. you can listen to it for 10 years and it doesn't become boring. it's such a simple and rudimentary yet unbelievably catchy and repetitive(in a godly maner) song that i can say, without a doubt in my mind that this is the god of all party metal songs..helloween?hammerfall? sonata? motorhead?pantera? none even come close. all hail the king of party metal songs!

other stuff that deserve mentioning: pantera-cowboys from hell, walk; slayer-seasons in the abyss, angel of death; iced earth-violate; judas priest-you've got another thing coming, the sentinel, breaking the law,(insert 80s priest song in here,most of them are good for parties) and ozzy osbourne-the ultimate sin, crazy train.
27.01.2007 - 23:56
..HumanError..
Account deleted
Hmmmm.... Im thinking about Atrocity's Taste Of Sin.... and ... Some Tenacious D songs, even if its not metal, those guys are so funny . And everything from Rammstein, theres nothing better for some good social-headbanging.

Du, Du Hast, Du Hast Mich...
30.01.2007 - 13:44
arwestromen

Guns n roses- paradise city
nightwish - wishmaster
some dream evil songs like- let's make rock
and that Canon melody
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
31.01.2007 - 11:19
Hyvaarin

Pachebel's Canon?! What kind of parties do you go to?!?!?

I'm listening to Kenny Loggins' 'Highway to the Danger Zone', and have just realised that it is a hugely awesome party song. EVERYONE loves it, and it's easy to pick up the lyrics for epic singalongs.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
31.01.2007 - 11:59
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
Here is my list of patry songs:
Andrew W.K. - Party hard
Cradle Of Filth - Nemesis (well u can party on it at least I can)
Warmen - beyond abilities
Russel Allen - Truth about our time
Angra - Speed
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
31.01.2007 - 12:36
APOHAKC
The Bard
This is my short list, but when everybody get drunk is it important what is listening

Manowar - Warriors Of The World, Helloween - Ride The Sky, Iron Maiden - The Trooper, Anthrax - Deathrider, Grave Digger - Lionheart, Megadeth - Rattlehead, Slayer - Angel Of Death, Annihilator - King Of The Kills, Rage - Down, Blind Guardian - Mirror Mirror, Ensiferum - Slayer Of Ligth, Finntroll - Trollhammer, Cruachan - Oassian Return, Thyrfing - Going Berserk...

As you can see most of this songs are heavy or power metal, it is because I don't like to listen black or death when I am partying, there is some happy folk metal, and there are always some Serbian metal bands.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
31.01.2007 - 13:37
Jay
Perkele
The Andrew W.K. album "I Get Wet" is a 100 % Party Metal album...

But usually me and my m8s to Maiden, Priest & Saxon when we drink

...or Sentenced and Viikate, depending on the feeling
----
This one goes to 11
31.01.2007 - 15:52
Stormheart
Account deleted
Grave Digger-Knights album most and then everything else
Freedom Call-all
Korpiklaani-Beer Beer
01.02.2007 - 05:28
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Pretty much every -not ballad- In Extremo song.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
02.02.2007 - 18:21
Valentin B
Iconoclast
how the fuck did i forget warriors of the world united? what the fuck was i thinking?
@hyvaarin: wasn't "highway to the dangerzone" a song by a band called REO speedwagon and on the soundtrack for top gun?
03.02.2007 - 02:55
baldur

Written by Valentin B on 02.02.2007 at 18:21

how the fuck did i forget warriors of the world united? what the fuck was i thinking?

a good question!!! manowar the greatest party song ever " we warriors warriors of the world"
03.02.2007 - 04:13
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by baldur on 03.02.2007 at 02:55

a good question!!! manowar the greatest party song ever " we warriors warriors of the world"

See, you didn't partying enough, now get out of your house and drink 20 beers
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
03.02.2007 - 18:23
Dan066
Account deleted
Quiet Riot "Metal Health"
Mastodon "Blood & Thunder"
Diamondhead "It's Electric"
Faith No More "Falling to Pieces"
Hammer Fall "Detroit Rock City (KISS cover)"
Ministry "The Great Satan(Remix)"
Probot "Shake Your Blood"
03.02.2007 - 19:18
Remus

Written by Guest on 03.02.2007 at 18:23

Hammer Fall "Detroit Rock City (KISS cover)"

That's a damn fine party song but the original is equally awesome! "I was made for lovin' you" by Kiss is also pretty cool at parties.The cheesey stuff is usually great, like "The final countdown" by Europe, yea and any Tenacious D is also killer.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
04.02.2007 - 02:54
Pierre Tombale

that certain 80's party would probably see these songs:

Quiet Riot - Come On Feel The Noise
Twisted Sister - I Wanna Rock
Loudness - Crazy Nights
Alice Cooper - No More Mr. Nice Guy
Tesla - Cumin Atcha Live
Van Halen - Jump
Europe - Final Countdown hahaha
Judas Priest - Breaking The Law, Living After Midnight, Heading Out To The Highway, Hot Rockin, Desert Plains, Hellion / Electric Eye, Riding On The Wind, You've Got Another Thing Coming, Jawbreaker, Turbo Lover, Johnny B Goode
Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear The Reaper, Astronomy
Danzig - Mother
Gary Moore - Run To Your Mama, Over The Hills
Dio - Holy Diver (without the long intro)
Ozzy Osbourne - Mr. Crowley (also without intro), Bark At The Moon
Dokken - Dream Warriors
Motörhead - Overkill, Stone Dead Forever, Killed By Death, Damage Case
Queen - Stone Cold Crazy
Scorpions - The Zoo, Rock You Like A Hurricane, Big City Nights
Pretty Maids - Future World
Girlschool - Burning In The Heat
WASP - Wild Child, Blind In Texas
Impellitteri - Tonight I Fly
Alcatrazz - God Blessed Video, Wire And Wood
Steeler - Cold Day In Hell
Keel - Speed Demon
Stormwitch - Skull and Crossbones, Walpurgis Night, Ravenlord, The Beauty And The Beast, Rondo A La Turca
Accept - London Leatherboys, Metal Heart, Midnight Mover
Black Sabbath - Die Young
Grave Digger - Yesterday, Heavy Metal Breakdown
Iron Maiden - Running Free, 2 Minutes To Midnight, Wasted Years, Can I Play With Madness
MSG - Searching For A Reason
U.D.O. - Go Back To Hell
EZO - Love Junkie
Skid Row - Big Gungs, 18 And Life
probably a lot of songs which I forgot now,
but many of those would be a must for such a party
catchy melodic 80's tunes, har har...
04.02.2007 - 05:49
Hyvaarin

@hyvaarin: wasn't "highway to the dangerzone" a song by a band called REO speedwagon and on the soundtrack for top gun?

Yep, it was on the Top Gun soundtrack, but it's done by Kenny Loggins.

Iron Markus - definitely agreed on Loudness' 'Crazy Night'.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
10.02.2007 - 08:29
HeathenBlood
Account deleted
Judas priest-Hot rockin',Iron Maiden-Run to the hills,Can I Play With Madness are great songs to rock the party!
10.02.2007 - 09:00
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
what about a death metal party? In that case, following songs should be chosen:
1.cannibal corpse: Headless
2.Deicide:Homage for satan
3.Morbid angel: chapel of ghouls
4.Nile:The howling of the Jinn
5.The crown: Are You Morbid?
6.Amon Amarth:Ride For Vengeance
7.Vader:Shadow's fear
8.Hate Eternal:Spiritual Holocaust
9.Behemoth:christians to the lions
10.Vital Remains:Devoured Elysium
and many more........
----
that which shines without names and forms...
10.02.2007 - 09:09
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Written by Hyvaarin on 31.01.2007 at 11:19

Pachebel's Canon?! What kind of parties do you go to?!?!?

LOL

ah well in my case, Death's Spirit Crusher always gets me pretty excited ^^
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
11.02.2007 - 05:03
Daru Jericho

Children Of Bodom's entire Hate Crew Deathroll album, I'd say (save 'Angels Don't Kill). And how about some Carpathian Forest? 'Shut Up, There Is No Excuse To Live' would be a devine choice.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

15.02.2007 - 09:56
arwestromen

One more song that we played alot last summer was Lordi - Hard Rock Hallelujah...after a few beers it started to sound really good
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
15.02.2007 - 10:25
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Jay on 31.01.2007 at 13:37

The Andrew W.K. album "I Get Wet" is a 100 % Party Metal album...

But usually me and my m8s to Maiden, Priest & Saxon when we drink

...or Sentenced and Viikate, depending on the feeling

As I think Hyvaarin already stated, anything Andrew WK touches.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
22.02.2007 - 09:16
Danny Thomas

well i'd have to say just about anything finntroll, lemuria, i guess msot folk metal in genral, but if i needed to pick one song it would be Equlibrium's song "Met" off the Turis Fraytr album, which translates to mead, the drink of the vikings! whats better for a party than that?
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.
22.02.2007 - 13:14
Black Mass

Tool - Hooker With A Penis
Children of Bodom - Six Pounder & Are You Dead Yet
Metallica - Seek & Destroy
Ministry - Just 1 Fix (12" edit if you have it)
Slayer - Exile
Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark

Then when everyone starts getting really trashy, start hugging one another & wanna belt out some shocking karaoke you can try....

Guns N Roses - pretty much any song but some faves are Paradise City & Mr. Brownstone
Kiss - I Was Made for Loving You
Bon Jovi - Living on a Prayer (I cant believe I just wrote that)

Ok I'm going to stop before I totally disgrace myself!!!!
22.02.2007 - 14:06
FOOCK Nam

And Absolute Steel- Beer Run. This song is really born for party.
Also Skid Row, Scorpions have some too
23.02.2007 - 23:45
Black Serpent
Account deleted
I'd say:

1# Children of Bodom - Somebody Put Something In My Drink
2# Children of Bodom - Needled 24/7
3# Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache
4# In Flames - Cloud Connected
5# In Flames - Come Clarity

And a lot other In Flames songs...

The Strange thing is that here in my town, many parties I go to have the Dimmu Borgir song; "Puritania" as a party song very often.
Can someone tell me why that may be concidered a party song?

Although maybe the songs I listed may not be party songs either
26.02.2007 - 05:50
Danny Thomas

Written by Guest on 23.02.2007 at 23:45

I'd say:

i wouldnt call that party song at all lol. well, scratch that, perhaps at a party where everyone was feeling really emotional. i love in flames, in fact they are one of my favorite bands, but the new cd just doesn;t work for me, and the lyrics are pretty emo : / try some folk metal!!!!! i saw someone up there listed beer beer by Korpiklaani, i mean the title says it all lol
----
26.02.2007 - 22:34
Black Serpent
Account deleted
Written by Danny Thomas on 26.02.2007 at 05:50

I'd say:

i wouldnt call that party song at all lol. well, scratch that, perhaps at a party where everyone was feeling really emotional. i love in flames, in fact they are one of my favorite bands, but the new cd just doesn;t work for me, and the lyrics are pretty emo : / try some folk metal!!!!! i saw someone up there listed beer beer by Korpiklaani, i mean the title says it all lol

Well, one of my friends set it on during a party. I don't know, just thougt I'd bring it up here to see other people's comments^^
Well, In Flames is a really good band, yea¨h.
But I think I prefer the older stuff than like Come Clarity and Reroute To Remain, though those albums got some pretty good songs^^

26.02.2007 - 23:21
Martinikuss

Carcass - R**k The Vote (sth with power at start)
Iron Maiden - The Trooper (classic)
Deep Purple - Smoke on the water (good with beer and cigarette )
Pantera - Cowboys from hell
CoB - Fallow the reaper
Vader - Forwards to die (after 6 beers)
Immortal - Tyrants
Stone Sour - Through the glass (at the end of party )
26.02.2007 - 23:58
Danny Thomas

Written by Guest on 26.02.2007 at 22:34

I'd say:

Well, one of my friends set it on during a party. I don't know, just thougt I'd bring it up here to see other people's comments^^
But I think I prefer the older stuff than like Come Clarity and Reroute To Remain, though those albums got some pretty good songs^^

well i did like a lot of the songs off of reroute to remain. and there are a few off of come clarity such as crawling through knives, but for the most part i prefer their old stuff. the jester's race and whoracle are amazing, and i also really enjoyed lunar strain, it was very medieval sounding : D i'm getting off topic because this isn't an in flames thread. but have you listend to much folk metal or viking? i think it usually makes the best party music anyways with all the lyrics about drinking and fighting as well as beign all upbeat and energetic.
----
27.02.2007 - 00:10
Black Serpent
Account deleted
Written by Danny Thomas on 26.02.2007 at 23:58

Written by Guest on 26.02.2007 at 22:34

I'd say:

well i did like a lot of the songs off of reroute to remain. and there are a few off of come clarity such as crawling through knives, but for the most part i prefer their old stuff. the jester's race and whoracle are amazing, and i also really enjoyed lunar strain, it was very medieval sounding : D i'm getting off topic because this isn't an in flames thread. but have you listend to much folk metal or viking? i think it usually makes the best party music anyways with all the lyrics about drinking and fighting as well as beign all upbeat and energetic.

Well, I'm actually not a Folk/Viking Metal guy^^ But I've listened to some, yeah. But that's like Leaves' Eyes and so on. Maybe some Ensiferum and Windir.^^
Maybe I'll try some Folk/Viking Metal on a party next time