Metal Storm logo
Vaping

Original post

Posted by jupitreas, 02.09.2013 - 12:26
So, anyone else here who is using e-cigarettes? I've been a smoker for a long while, then I quit for 3 years and inevitably got back to smoking recently. For health purposes, I switched to vaping and am now a happy e-cigarette user (haven't touch an 'analog' cigarette in 4 months). The best brand that I have found so far is the Polish brand Volish, although I am sure there are other great brands out there. I'm mostly using fruit-taste liquids as they remind me of how a hookah tastes. In fact, the whole sensation of vaping is more similar to smoking a hookah than to smoking a cigarette, and I am more than OK with this (love the hookah). Nicotine is a fantastic drug (sarcasm) and now I can get my fix without huge health concerns, what a fantastic invention

So, lets start a conversation about e-cigarettes. Any more users here? Perhaps some of you are against them? Lets talk.
05.09.2013 - 00:04
ANGEL REAPER

What about chewing tobacco?
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
05.09.2013 - 00:25
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Well, there was a recent study that shows that chewing tobacco poses almost no threat of cancer, so in terms of health at least, it does seem like a good alternative to smoking. Unfortunately, it lacks the sensation of smoking (of actually inhaling that smoke and exhaling it in a satisfactory puff) so it does not appeal to me. Furthermore, it is rather gross - ever seen those funky tobacco teeth? With this said, it still seems like a decent alternative method of nicotine intake in terms of health.
05.09.2013 - 00:39
ANGEL REAPER

Well if some company make a tobacco chewing gum or something like that i think it would be great alternative to smoking
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
05.09.2013 - 00:46
Thrashette

Written by jupitreas on 05.09.2013 at 00:01

Written by Thrashette on 04.09.2013 at 03:40

... the herbal kind ...

This I find to be the most stupid thing to smoke as it does not give you a buzz of any kind but is still unhealthy. What is the point?

The health risks are pretty negligible if you only smoke it once a while. The reason people do it is pretty similar to why they smoke or drink: as part of a social get together or because they think it's trendy. I almost always prefer the atmosphere at shisha lounges over the one at bars. There's also a lot of people who smoke it because they like the smell. Overall, it's quite calming. When I'm out with friends, we often have a situation where some people in the group want to go to a bar, smoke weed, or do other drugs, while others don't because they need/want to be sober. So herbal shisha is often the compromise we settle on.
06.09.2013 - 02:52
Sophist

I'd like to try Shisha, there's a place where you can smoke, but I haven't tried it yet.
06.09.2013 - 16:58
Sunioj

I vape myself, I have the ego-T with a filter called the "bomba" (don't ask, some Israeli brand filter. but really good though). I actually much prefer it to smoking regular cigarettes, if I even try to hit a real smoke I feel like I'm going to pass out. I'd say financially, it is cheaper than real cigarettes. If I spent 4-5 euro a pack a day vs. a container of nicotine for my ego-T a week for about the same price or a bit more, its way more beneficial. Health wise, I used to vape right before going on my routine jogging run, so far it hasn't affected me at all.

A lot of people don't like it, I can understand a lot of concerns - but imho, you should at least try a good brand first before giving up on the e-cigarette thing. There are lots of shit brands out there that make really cheap, disgusting vapes and you have to do a little digging before you find something that really works well.

I've seen quite a bit of bad press on it though, I think its mainly the tobacco companies lobbying for people to get scared of vaping so they won't lose customers. I've been vaping for almost a year and a half, no health problems - only good things. The only thing I'd be concerned about is all the cheap rip off brands.

The flavor I'm vaping now is called "cigarcherry" - not too fruity and sweet, not too "cigarette"y - just right.
10.09.2013 - 15:22
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by jupitreas on 05.09.2013 at 00:01

Written by Spirit Molecule on 04.09.2013 at 11:47

I spend 50$ for 5 months of hand rolled smokes. And I don't have a problem rolling them, coz I'm usually having a conversation while rolling them, so it's not really a waste of time as I see it. Coz apart from being able to use my hands, I can pretty much do everything else that I would normally do while rolling a cigarette

Well, it seems that rolling might be cheaper than vaping after all. How much do you smoke btw (how many hand-rolled cigarettes a day?). Is it the equivalent of one pack a day of normal cigarettes? Only then can our price comparison make sense. Besides, vaping is significantly healthier than smoking any kind of tobacco, so in my opinion, the extra money is well worth it for still being able to enjoy nicotine without the negative consequences.

Well you could say an average of 10 a day. Most of the time I smoke about 5-7 a day, but then weekends I smoke a lot more, maybe 15-20 a day and then I also use tobacco for rolling other stuff
So even if you take it as 5 cigarettes on an average it's still cheaper I suppose.

I spend less than half of what a cigarette costs here. So it's quite a bit of saving every month.

EDIT: I just realised that my expense on tobacco is much cheaper as I always get it from the duty free. I always have someone bring me a box which lasts a couple of months. There are always people I know travelling, so it isn't too hard to get. If I do have to buy it from here, then it's usually like 2-3$ more expensive per bag.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
16.09.2013 - 09:43
Valentin B
Iconoclast
To be honest I like "vaporized" nicotine more than normal tobacco, but I also realize it may be more dangerous for health (it tastes good so you consume more).. so I stay away from it
17.09.2013 - 18:27
Sunioj

Written by Valentin B on 16.09.2013 at 09:43

To be honest I like "vaporized" nicotine more than normal tobacco, but I also realize it may be more dangerous for health (it tastes good so you consume more).. so I stay away from it

Thing is, I actually think the worst thing from the vapor is the flavoring (which is actually MSG). Though, since its a really new thing I guess you can't be too sure about what else goes into it or whatever. All I know is that I physically feel much "healthier" with vaping opposed to regular cigarettes. On this instance, I go with with how my body feels.

I do roll a self made smoke here and there if in the occasion I'm drinking, but I don't get near name brand cigarettes.