Metal Storm logo
Vegetarianism

Original post

Posted by The Alchemist, 20.05.2006 - 04:28
Ok, this is a Topic which has interested me for a long time, and I Would like to know what do metalstormers think about it.
Personally, I think that meat isn't necessary at all, and specially when the animals we use for meals have growed in horrible conditions, they have no space to move, and they're packed into trucks and driven long distances without enough space/air/water/whatever just because it's cheaper to kill them when they get there, I can't understand, why animals shouldn't be given the same respect we give to other humans, they also have needs and to give them enough space, food and water is at least what we can do, if we're going to use them as food. The short life they live should be a happy one and not filled with horror as it is now.

On the other hand, when I think what eating meat means: burning and eating a corpse which is in putrefaction, because the animal you eat was killed around 2 or 3 days ago?
I'm not vegetarian at all, but I almost never eat meat, not just because I feel sad for the animals, that's one of the main reasons, but because meat is unhealthy, now I don't like the taste of it very much and one day I'll be vegetarian.
There are so many other reasons why meat is unhealthy but I don't write it here because the post can get very long
Some people say that without meat, they couldn't live and we need proteins, but we can get it from beans, pulses, nuts etc, and there are lots of vegetarian food made with vegetables which replace the meat very well. Personally, I feel very good without eating meat
So, what do you think?
05.04.2010 - 21:38
Ernis
狼獾
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 05.04.2010 at 20:01

Written by Ernis on 04.04.2010 at 16:38

I wish I can one day fast... I wish I have a lovely wife who fasts with me and know how to cook me some wondrous meals that are appropriate for the period... it'd be heavenly...

Well, yeah. Having someone who shares your inerests is what makes you more determined to do what may seem not so easy if you were to do it all alone.

You know... thing is that sometimes searching for this perfect wife is like searching another planet from the universe which supports intelligent (and good-looking) life forms...
06.04.2010 - 18:21
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Ernis on 05.04.2010 at 21:38

You know... thing is that sometimes searching for this perfect wife is like searching another planet from the universe which supports intelligent (and good-looking) life forms...

Hahahah, yeah. You always make perfect discriptions...
To be on topic, i have to say "Vegetarianism rules"!
Ah, and i came across this amazing quote the other day which said something like: "I'm not vegetarian for my own health, i did it for hen's health"
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
28.05.2012 - 22:13
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
I am not a vegan or a vegetarian, but I have been enjoying a lot of vegan and vegetarian recipes lately. Buffalo seitan bites are fucking amazing. One of my new favorite dishes is roasted eggplant. Made a vegetarian tex mex chili. I don't think it would be too hard to become a vegetarian.
29.05.2012 - 00:32
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Introspekrieg on 28.05.2012 at 22:13

I am not a vegan or a vegetarian, but I have been enjoying a lot of vegan and vegetarian recipes lately. Buffalo seitan bites are fucking amazing. One of my new favorite dishes is roasted eggplant. Made a vegetarian tex mex chili. I don't think it would be too hard to become a vegetarian.

I always have difficulties to remember what is eggplant because of its name. why is it called like that?

I don't think I could be a vegetarian, but now, due to being allergic to junk food and basically anything that's not at least 50% natural, I've begun to eat a lot more vegetables. I'm definitely in need of new recipes, though.
29.05.2012 - 05:32
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Here is an Eggplant.

And this guy has some awesome vegan recipes http://www.youtube.com/user/VeganBlackMetalChef/videos
29.05.2012 - 05:51
Thrashette

I'm a vegetarian myself, and might consider switching to vegan in the future...
I love eggplant, I just ate some about an hour ago in fact
My main sources of protein are tofu, lentils, and chickpeas. I used to eat a lot of veggie burgers a year ago when I first switched over, but now I tend to eat them only when I'm out with people. It's pretty commonly the one item that restaurants put on their menu just for the sake of having at least one vegetarian entree. And most of the better-than-average burger joints will have veggie burgers. It's true, it's not that hard to be a vegetarian in North America nowadays and the number of people making this choice is increasing. I definitely see more benefits than downsides to it. There's only been one occasion where I went to a restaurant that had nothing I could eat, and it was some shitty place in the middle of nowhere. Even with fastfood, you have quite a few options like pizza, veggie burgers/hotdogs, falafel, sandwiches/wraps, stir fry...
04.06.2012 - 13:39
arwestromen

Stöd SCAN skjut en vegan!!!
(translation)
Support SCAN(a meat company) shoot a vegan
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
05.06.2012 - 02:59
Ragana
Rawrcat
Lol

Written by Introspekrieg on 29.05.2012 at 05:32

Here is an Eggplant.

And this guy has some awesome vegan recipes http://www.youtube.com/user/VeganBlackMetalChef/videos

oh, I know what it is and how it tastes like (and what not to do with it), I just don't get why is it called like that.
thanks, will check it out as soon as I have some time.
14.10.2016 - 21:54
Haddock666

I've been lacto-ovo vegetarian about 6-7 years now.
03.03.2022 - 02:33
Drippy.Hippie

I was kinda-sorta Flexitarian/Pescatarian about a decade ago.

I'm somewhat of an open-minded foodie, so it was never the vegetarian food which put me off,

It was more the social/political side which made me cringe.....

The adherents of it, it's always either:

The crowd who are bound by dietary restrictions via religion

or

The crowd who have no shame in flaunting their first world privilege. This same group also displays far too much impulse to follow fads for my liking

It's herd-like behavior either way, and I cannot & will not stand behind that

I have no qualms scoffing down a good veggie burger though, because I can.

So.....I'm vegetarian when I want to be
----
What is the difference between the man who fools you from the pulpit, and the other man who fools you from the platform?
Both of them seek to obtain power over you - To rule your mind, control your property interests or labor power.