Metal Storm logo
Ulysses Siren - Guitarist/Bassist Jon Torres Passes Away

Heathen's former bassist Jon Torres, who also played guitar in Ulysses Siren as well as bass for Lääz Rockit, Slough Feg and Angel Witch, has sadly passed away on September 3rd.

His former band Heathen released this statement regarding his passing: "We are extremely saddened to learn of Jon Torres' passing. He was a great friend and Heathen band mate for many years and we were fortunate enough to play some great music together. We'll remember his passion for music, his quick wit, and the time we spent with him recording, touring and just hanging out. Our thoughts go out to Tambre, Cassie and Jon's extended family. He will be missed..."

You can help Jon's wife and young daughter with the major expenses that are to follow the unexpected loss of Jon Torres here.

[Thanks to Marcel Hubregtse and Bad English!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ulysses Siren
Posted: 05.09.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 21 users
05.09.2013 - 17:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Always sad to see someone my age pass away.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.09.2013 - 23:38
Vasil de Shumen
One more part of metal history went into Eternity ... R.I.P., Jon
01.12.2013 - 21:41
manlopez
..in honor of Jon and his memorial gathering, attending, will be members of Ulysses Siren ...featuring J.r. Clegg, Steve Pickering, Joe Jimenez, myself Manny Lopez and very special guest Scott McKenzie. We will be performing the song featured in this article that is honored to him and will continue to be as long as there is acknowledgement to Thrash Metal and those who helped create and shape the way for the continuous onslaught of fast and very heavy music in SF ....& bay areas.

facebook event info;
https://www.facebook.com/events/1428382060718468/

Hits total: 3519 | This month: 8