13. A Corpse In A Corpse
14. Breed [Nirvana cover]
15. Rat On A Sinking Ship
16. Albino Rhino

Disc II [DVD] [bonus]
+ Spend A day In The Life Of Dog Fashion Disco
+ Deleted Scenes
+ Trailers

Dog Fashion Disco? What kind of stupid name is that? And what kind of band takes a name like that?
Well, that stupid name and this kind of band is a Punkish Nu-Metal band from USA, which has grown pretty fast over there.
With three albums in the trunk, DFD signed with Artemis Records, and their first ever release on this label is a full concert recorded in their hometown Baltimore, during a day in January 2004. Now the fine part with this is that the concert was both recorded and filmed, so if you buy this album, you'll get both parts for the price of one, personally I think that's one hell of a present to the fans.

Now, I'm no fans of either the band nor the genre, but I can't stop thinking that this is a perfect live album, and I really wish that other bands took after DFD in this matter and also gave away the concert on video too.
But now, this isn't the only thing this review shall be about, and before I'll start talk about the music, production and so on, I thought I should take a few lines to explain the kind of music DFD are playing. I wrote Punkish Nu-Metal in the top, but that's simplification, actually. Their music is pretty much a mixture of Nu-Metal ala System of a Down and Took, with some punkish influences and some popish vocals (just listen to the song "Rapist Eyes").
Hope it's a bit clearer now.

Except that, how does it sound?
Well, if we shall look at the things around, I must say that the sound is good; production is great, the only thing that I can find to complain about is that the audience is barely audible, if that's because the band plays loud or the audience that's silent, I don't know, but it's to little audience.
Otherwise it's not much to complain about, the band is doing a good concert and have succeeded to capture it well both on film and on album.

But personally I don't like neither the band nor the genre so this is absolutely nothing for me, but for fans of the band or the genre, I guess will enjoy this very much, great live albums with bands of these genres are pretty hard to come, but Dog Fashion Disco has manage to release one after just three albums.
All credits to the band for this release, even if it's nothing for me personally. And I recommend everyone that has some kind of interest in the band or the genre to check it out; it's a really great package.

Check Out: The calmer parts on "Rapist Eyes" and the Nirvana cover "Breed".

Written by Malcolm | 03.08.2005

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 17 users
09.09.2013 - 12:50
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
"...punkish nu-metal".....really?
13.09.2013 - 23:23
mz
Written by LeKiwi on 09.09.2013 at 12:50

They are really interesting if you ask me although I personally label them as evant metal
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
14.09.2013 - 22:58
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by mz on 13.09.2013 at 23:23

They are really interesting if you ask me although I personally label them as evant metal

I was just bewildered by how the reviewer labeled them They are avantgarde for sure.
15.09.2013 - 13:44
mz
Written by LeKiwi on 14.09.2013 at 22:58

Written by mz on 13.09.2013 at 23:23

I was just bewildered by how the reviewer labeled them They are avantgarde for sure.

sure,but I meant avantgarde for sure
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.

Hits total: 2352 | This month: 19