Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Release Two New Movie Clips

Metallica Through The Never will be released in North America exclusively into IMAX theatres for a one-week engagement starting on September 27th. The 3D film will expand into additional theatres on October 4th and Metallica are in Toronto where Metallica Through The Never will make its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival today at 7:30 PM. The group also released two new clips from the movie. You can watch them below.

Movie description: "As Metallica performs a roaring live set for fans in a sold-out arena, a young roadie named Trip (Dane DeHaan) is sent on a mission to meet a disabled truck and retrieve a particular item. However, the routine task turns into a surreal odyssey when Trip's van is hit by another vehicle and he subsequently finds himself up against a death-dealing horseman. As Trip flees through desolate streets, he has only his wits to help him avoid the deadly horseman and deliver Metallica's cargo. Directed by Nimród Antal."

Metallica Through The Never (Music From The Motion Picture) is available for digital pre-order on iTunes. It will be released on their label, Blackened Recordings, on September 24th. The soundtrack includes 15 songs recorded live in Edmonton and Vancouver in August of 2012 while Metallica were filming the performance footage in the movie.

Find more details about the film here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 09.09.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 26   Visited by: 204 users
09.09.2013 - 14:10
WarriorFenix

God this looks terrible.
09.09.2013 - 14:17
Zap
Is anyone actually gonna watch this movie?
09.09.2013 - 16:33
theFIST

Written by Guest on 09.09.2013 at 15:17

Written by Zap on 09.09.2013 at 14:17

Dave Mustaine will be the first in line.

we"ll see what his movie will be like then.....
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
09.09.2013 - 17:03
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Just go away, please
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
09.09.2013 - 17:07
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress

Dumb, trendy metalheads who don't know any better because they think Metallica is the best band evaaaaarrrr
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
09.09.2013 - 17:16
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
I'm not gonna even bother pirate the damn thing. I could literally find a million other movies to download. Fuck this band.
09.09.2013 - 17:18
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Hope this is screened on the IMAX over here, this movie will (or maybe it won't) be a good reason to finally go and check it out.
09.09.2013 - 17:19
Zap
I'll probably end up pirating it to watch it with some friends to have a laugh. Like a "so bad it's good" kinda thing.
I like Metallica, but I'm not gonna give them my precious money for this shit. They already have too much for their own good anyway...
09.09.2013 - 18:31
Pokermask

Never thought I would say this, but if this somehow gets nominated for any sort of academy award, I would probably kill myself.

Seriously, what does this live performance compliment to the story?! Nothing it seems. This would have worked better if the story was taken forward by Metallica's music without the live show having any involvement whatsoever. But as it looks like, the story isn't that impressive either. So, there's a fight between the police and street gangs...... then what?!

In difference to Lulu, this is clearly made just to make some extra cash to fill into the band's pockets. At least with Lulu, it was more about the music than how much it would sell. I don't feel that same passion from this film. All I see is "FUCK YOU! GIVE ME MONEY!"

How about no. I'm not going to see this, even with a gun pointed at my head.
09.09.2013 - 19:29
Sean 79

Everybody! All those who are giving out about it now and saying they won't watch it, will be back on this forum in a few weeks (after watching it) blowing on about how right they were. I don't see this as a money thing. I see Metallica doing this BECAUSE THEY CAN! They're hardly the first band to this. Like everything else Gene Simmons did it first.
Unlike the rest of you "no it all's" I'm going to wait till i see it before i judge it. If it's shit it's shit, but a least i'll have the right to call it shit.
09.09.2013 - 19:37
Zap
Written by Sean 79 on 09.09.2013 at 19:29

blabla

I believe it will be shit. I'll confirm it after I've seen it, but for now I'm about 99% sure it is gonna suck.
Also, by my first comment I meant if anyone was gonna pay to see it, because I won't.
09.09.2013 - 19:47
Sean 79

Written by Zap on 09.09.2013 at 19:37

Written by Sean 79 on 09.09.2013 at 19:29

blabla

I believe it will be shit. I'll confirm it after I've seen it, but for now I'm about 99% sure it is gonna suck.
Also, by my first comment I meant if anyone was gonna pay to see it, because I won't.

Well then i bow to your greatness. Being able to tell from 3 minutes of footage. And i will pay cause i'm not cheap.
09.09.2013 - 20:23
Zap
Written by Sean 79 on 09.09.2013 at 19:47

Well then i bow to your greatness. Being able to tell from 3 minutes of footage. And i will pay cause i'm not cheap.

Metallica is making a 3D movie. That right there is enough for me to believe it will be bad. The footage is just one more reason. And as I said, I can't be 100% sure. I just have no reason to believe it will be anything but atrocious. If it does end up being good then I will genuinely be shocked. Until then, I remain skeptical. Oh, and go ahead and be "not cheap" all you want, I'll spend my money on something that deserves it.
09.09.2013 - 20:36
Sean 79

Written by Zap on 09.09.2013 at 20:23

Written by Sean 79 on 09.09.2013 at 19:47

Metallica is making a 3D movie. That right there is enough for me to believe it will be bad. The footage is just one more reason. And as I said, I can't be 100% sure. I just have no reason to believe it will be anything but atrocious. If it does end up being good then I will genuinely be shocked. Until then, I remain skeptical. Oh, and go ahead and be "not cheap" all you want, I'll spend my money on something that deserves it.

So because Metallica are making it it'll be bad? Have they made bad movies before that i don't know about. I think even if this movie ends up being a masterpiece and they follow it up with they're best album ever people would still be hating.
09.09.2013 - 21:03
Zap
Written by Sean 79 on 09.09.2013 at 20:36

So because Metallica are making it it'll be bad? Have they made bad movies before that i don't know about. I think even if this movie ends up being a masterpiece and they follow it up with they're best album ever people would still be hating.

I really don't feel like going into this any further so I'll keep it short.
1) Yes, because Metallica are making it, it will probably be bad. There is nothing so far that points towards this movie being any good. As you said, they do it just because they can, meaning they came up with a quick little narrative just to have this whole live concert/3D film thing. Also, it has Dane DeHaan as lead, so the acting isn't gonna be all that great either.
2) If it is a masterpiece, then I will spend money on it.
3) Metallica are never gonna make anything better than their older stuff, because they can't. Old, rich, living-in-luxury Metallica is never gonna put as much passion into their music as young, angry, alcohol-fueled Metallica.
09.09.2013 - 21:41
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Hmm, I'm still debating whether or not I want to watch this movie or something. It's basically just a feature-length music video. I'm thinking it will be one of those "it's so bad, it's good" kind of movies, hopefully that's the case. If I were to watch this, it better be in the afternoon (matinee price) or better yet be shown for free, cause I dont trust spending on a full ticket for this one.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
09.09.2013 - 21:59
Nemo Atkins

The thread could almost be used as proof that Metallica could do anything they wanted and they'd never receive any real support of it. Nearly everyone here has either said "This will suck" without giving any justification (even if it's something like "The direction is horrendous and the acting is more wooden than a log house", it at least shows you took the time to watch it and explain why you think it will suck) while the only guy who's shown any real sign of looking forward to it is coming across as a fanboy who's annoyed that everyone else is complaining about it for no good reason (no offence intended if you're not intending it, but you do come across like that in your posts).

The only real exception is Unhealer! Guys, I get most of you are not happy with what Metallica has done since the black album was released (heck, I'm not especially fond of everything after the black album either), but can you at least make a concentrated effort to explain why you think it will not be a good film? Reference the footage of what you've watched and explain why what you saw convinced you that this wouldn't be a good film?

It's sad I'm having to say this...and it's probably going to do absolutely nothing except get me branded a fanboy and ignored, isn't it?

(For the record, my thoughts on the movie clips: James' vocals aren't as good as I expected them to be (I've not seen the band live), but everything else musically was pretty good and it was well mixed, although I personally would have preferred the bass to have been mixed louder. The acting was decent (I've seen a lot worse. Go look up The Room if you want to see some terrible acting...) and the direction and film quality was better than I was expecting. This will probably be worth a watch if you like Metallica's music, just don't expect anything mind-blowing (although most concert films aren't mind-blowing, so that's nothing new).)
09.09.2013 - 22:54
Sean 79

Written by Nemo Atkins on 09.09.2013 at 21:59

The thread could almost be used as proof that Metallica could do anything they wanted and they'd never receive any real support of it. Nearly everyone here has either said "This will suck" without giving any justification (even if it's something like "The direction is horrendous and the acting is more wooden than a log house", it at least shows you took the time to watch it and explain why you think it will suck) while the only guy who's shown any real sign of looking forward to it is coming across as a fanboy who's annoyed that everyone else is complaining about it for no good reason (no offence intended if you're not intending it, but you do come across like that in your posts).

The only real exception is Unhealer! Guys, I get most of you are not happy with what Metallica has done since the black album was released (heck, I'm not especially fond of everything after the black album either), but can you at least make a concentrated effort to explain why you think it will not be a good film? Reference the footage of what you've watched and explain why what you saw convinced you that this wouldn't be a good film?

It's sad I'm having to say this...and it's probably going to do absolutely nothing except get me branded a fanboy and ignored, isn't it?

Forgive my ignorance. Does being a fanboy mean, thinking everything a particular band does is gold? If so then I'm definitely no fanboy, not that that seems like the worst thing in the world. Other than that i completely agree with what your saying FANBOY
10.09.2013 - 00:45
terrorSathan

The movie looks terrible, plus i couldnt think of anything worse than seeing lars in 3d but that guy on the horse looks pretty cool
10.09.2013 - 07:42
Mattybu

I am excited for this movie. I would really like to go see it in theatres. Not in 3D though, that shit hurts my eyes. One of the most gimmicky unnecessary pointless new technologies out there.

I also find it funny the director's name is Nimrod. I can't be the only one?...
10.09.2013 - 14:13
Nemo Atkins

Written by Sean 79 on 09.09.2013 at 22:54

Written by Nemo Atkins on 09.09.2013 at 21:59

Forgive my ignorance. Does being a fanboy mean, thinking everything a particular band does is gold? If so then I'm definitely no fanboy, not that that seems like the worst thing in the world. Other than that i completely agree with what your saying FANBOY

About you potentially being a fanboy, it was more the way you were saying everything that caused the confusion. See, most of the points you brought up tend to be brought up by people who are huge Metallica fans when everyone else is saying "This sucks" on anything involving them (although quite a few people would probably agree with them without necessarily being fans of the band). I did something similar myself when I saw a "Cliff is rolling in his grave" comment once (can't remember where now), so I'm guilty of being a bit defensive about Metallica myself (although, considering they are the first metal band I ever purchased a a record for, I do have a reason for it: if it weren't for them, I probably wouldn't be into metal music). Apologies for the unfounded accusation and I hope you understand where I was coming from there.

...Eh, why not, I'll accept the fanboy comment as well, while I'm here. I still hold Ride The Lightning to be Metallica's best record (never got the hype behind Master of Puppets myself: it's not a bad album, but half of the album seems noticeably weaker than the other half, while Ride The Lightning is more consistent) and one of the best thrash albums of all time, so I can't say I don't like Metallica any more. Just don't listen to them as much these days, since I'm more interested in listening to Queensryche and Crimson Glory (used to really dislike prog metal in general, but I think I'm getting a bit of a taste for it now. When the band writes more song focused stuff and not the jam-sounding stuff Dream Theater does, I'm more than happy to listen to it. When it's the jam-sounding stuff, I get bored pretty quickly...which is probably why I'm still wary about touching stuff that people say sounds like/is influenced by Dream Theater, since I know that I don't tend to like that kind of prog metal!).
10.09.2013 - 17:33
Thrashette

After watching those clips, I still have no idea wtf the movie's supposed to be about and am just more convinced that it will be ridiculous... But yeah, I'm leaning towards the hope that it will be "so bad that it's good".
10.09.2013 - 22:51
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Written by terrorSathan on 10.09.2013 at 00:45

i couldnt think of anything worse than seeing lars in 3d

The thought of that just made me laugh my ass off. xD
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
12.09.2013 - 12:48
PrinceOfDarkness

One doesn't simply through a rock into a masked sinister knight.
13.09.2013 - 04:24
Timelord

Is this Detroit Rock City 2? Llica (I call them because there is no metal left) have become an embarrassment to those who stay true. You simply cannot grow if you rip your roots out of the ground. That is exactly what Llica has done. They became what they used to make fun of and don't even realize or simply don't give a shit. I always thought it was Lars who had the most inflated ego but James Hetfield is far beyond Lars. Why is it they seem only to play festivals overseas now? I think because a tour of US could possibly flop and bleed their precious money. Fuck Llica!!!

I just watched 1 of the clips sadly. Yeah this looks to be horseshit. I wouldn't walk across the street to see Llica or this movie.
21.09.2013 - 22:46
Ewokki

Watched many Metallica-dvds... And one more with old stuff + Death Magnetic with live acting story. Meh... gonna buy Seattle '89 live, its the best.

Hits total: 3461 | This month: 10