Metal Storm logo
Dream Theater - Streaming Another New Song

Dream Theater have just premiered another new song from their new self-titled album. The progressive metallers are streaming "Along For The Ride" this time and you can listen to it here or over here. So go ahead and take the ride. Is it good? Their new album comes out this month, more precisely on September 24th via Roadrunner. The wait is almost over.

Listen to the other single previously unveiled, "The Enemy Inside", here.

Dream Theater tracklist:

01. False Awakening Suite
i. Sleep Paralysis
ii. Night Terrors
iii. Lucid Dream
02. The Enemy Inside
03. The Looking Glass
04. Enigma Machine
05. The Bigger Picture
06. Behind The Veil
07. Surrender To Reason
08. Along For The Ride
09. Illumination Theory
i. Paradoxe de la Lumière Noire
ii. Live, Die, Kill
iii. The Embracing Circle
iv. The Pursuit Of Truth
v. Surrender, Trust & Passion

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Dream Theater
Posted: 09.09.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 20   Visited by: 266 users
09.09.2013 - 18:20
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
This new song is slightly better than Enemy Inside. I like keyboard solo. But... this is just typical DT. Nothing really impressive. All songs on new album are short (first "Suite" is 2 minutes long - no joke) and the only long song is the last epic (22 minutes). I hope I'm wrong, but I think this new album will be nothing special... And thats sad becouse I liked ADTOE.
09.09.2013 - 18:37
gmorin

What kind of album promotion is that... a ballad as the second exerpt from the album??? How to NOT sell your album 101... Let's hope the rest of the album turns a bit more on the heavy side and hear what Mangini is really capable of. Preferred a lot Enemy Inside, even if Petrucci was on 'cruise' mode.
----
Germain Morin
09.09.2013 - 18:44
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by gmorin on 09.09.2013 at 18:37

Let's hope the rest of the album turns a bit more on the heavy side and hear what Mangini is really capable of. Preferred a lot Enemy Inside, even if Petrucci was on 'cruise' mode.

According to a lengthy review of this album (8000 words!), this will be heavier than ADTOE, and a rather loud mix (not Death Magnetic loud of course). The keyboards shouldn't be that prominent either.

I found "The Enemy Inside" a bit better as well initially, though both of these are pretty cookie-cutter by this band's standards.
09.09.2013 - 18:58
Zap
The other one was OK at best, but this one is just boring.
09.09.2013 - 20:21
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
It starts off as a sappy ballad the likes of which they've been doing since "The Answer Lies Within", and I've never liked LaBrie when he's over-emoting. It gets better after that, but it's still average Dream Theater. And Rudess should stop trying to be Keith Emerson.
09.09.2013 - 22:00
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Boooooooring.

absurd flow of LaBrie crap.
09.09.2013 - 22:02
Stabby
Account deleted
It's a nice song, definitely a bit generic but very lovely. That keyboard solo reminds me of some of Rick Wakeman's solo stuff.
09.09.2013 - 22:55
DrM
DreaMutilated
Written by Risto on 09.09.2013 at 18:44

Written by gmorin on 09.09.2013 at 18:37

Let's hope the rest of the album turns a bit more on the heavy side and hear what Mangini is really capable of. Preferred a lot Enemy Inside, even if Petrucci was on 'cruise' mode.

According to a lengthy review of this album (8000 words!), this will be heavier than ADTOE, and a rather loud mix (not Death Magnetic loud of course). The keyboards shouldn't be that prominent either.

I found "The Enemy Inside" a bit better as well initially, though both of these are pretty cookie-cutter by this band's standards.

Can you share the link to that review please?
(is it the one by dtnorway?)
09.09.2013 - 22:55
Byners

No man... DT is losing it :/.
If Wikipedia is right... False Awakening Suite is an instrumental song which is less than 3minutes long.
Enigma Machine might be an instrumental song as well...

I have low expectations for this one... And DT is my second favorite band... But one of the lyrics might be from John Myung
----
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
10.09.2013 - 03:32
Groby94

False Awakening Suite is supposed to be short, it's just an intro for the album and for their future concerts, not really a standalone track. And yes, Enigma Machine will also be an instrumental, but I don't really see the problem here

I agree with most of the comments here, Along For The Ride is an average DT ballad. Although, JP said that the album is supposed to be listened as one, there is a lot of chemistry between the songs, so even though it doesn't seem much by itself, maybe it actually fits perfectly in the album.

I sure hope this will be awesome, I'm looking forward to it. DT is and will always be my favorite band. Only 2 weeks left
10.09.2013 - 04:18
BenWasHere

I can't stand Dream Theater's songs like this
the drum part was pretty neat though
10.09.2013 - 04:20
Somebody

Only highlight - keyboard solo
that is all
10.09.2013 - 06:18
Byners

Written by Groby94 on 10.09.2013 at 03:32

False Awakening Suite is supposed to be short, it's just an intro for the album and for their future concerts, not really a standalone track. And yes, Enigma Machine will also be an instrumental, but I don't really see the problem here

I agree with most of the comments here, Along For The Ride is an average DT ballad. Although, JP said that the album is supposed to be listened as one, there is a lot of chemistry between the songs, so even though it doesn't seem much by itself, maybe it actually fits perfectly in the album.

I sure hope this will be awesome, I'm looking forward to it. DT is and will always be my favorite band. Only 2 weeks left

That's true. But I still don't have much expectations... Well, I didn't with Avenged Sevenfold and they surprised me. DT is better than A7X in so many aspects... Probably they'll surprise me too
----
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
10.09.2013 - 06:36
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 09.09.2013 at 22:00

Boooooooring.

absurd flow of LaBrie crap.

Perfect response.
10.09.2013 - 11:12
Warman
Erotic Stains
I was expecting a ballad when they said "new song". Wasn't all that psyched. But I really liked this one. Great song. Better than Enemy.
----
10.09.2013 - 11:17
Daniell
_爱情_
And I thought the first one was weak...
10.09.2013 - 13:47
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Very average and non-exiting, LaBrie is more breathing than singing here, and that "keyboard" solo... what's so special there? So yeah, my mind was not stimulated in any way.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
10.09.2013 - 15:54
Lethrokai

Overall, nothing special by the band's standards, but still a good release.
The keyboard solo was a nice prog dedication, and it was nice to get more of a highlight on the drumming. (Even though the sound quality was still a bit off)
The guitar was nice at first, but I felt it became slightly obnoxious when it got louder.
However...
Guys...
Am I the only one here who was really excited to hear Myung for the first time since Octavarium!?

Overall, the song is one that gets that annoying label of "nice." It's up to their standards with ballads, nothing more and nothing less.
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.
11.09.2013 - 08:56
Nunzie 69

This song would be great if it was 1993 but it's NOT!
19.09.2013 - 21:59
arto adnan

The song is nice but nothing special. These two songs have disappointed me. I hope the rest of them (particularly the epic) will reach my expectations?.. I really like DT and love songs like ?.Outcry, Bridges in the Sky, Breaking All Illusions, Octavarium, In the Presence of enemies??and obviously the old numbers?

Hits total: 4118 | This month: 5