Metal Storm logo
Fates Warning - Stream New Song, Announce Touring Guitarist

Fates Warning have shared today another new song off their new album Darkness In A Different Light, the first new release since FWX. Having previously released "Firefly", now it is time for "I Am". You can listen to this new prog beast below. It's like they never left.

Their new studio album entitled Darkness In A Different Light drops on September 30th in Europe and October 1st in North America via InsideOut.

In other news, Fates Warning have also announced that guitarist Mike Abdow will be filling in for Frank Aresti on the next scheduled tour runs, as other work commitments will keep him from the upcoming tours.

Frank Aresti: "Being part of Fates Warning continues to be a great honor for me, and I'm very proud of Darkness In A Different Light. Even though work commitments will keep me from the upcoming tours, I'm hopeful to rejoin them for live shows in the not-too-distant future. Having said that, I know Mike Abdow, he's a great player, and I'm looking forward to seeing him with the band."

Mike Abdow: "It is an incredible honor for me to have the chance to play with Fates Warning. Filling in for Frank Aresti is an immense and exciting challenge that I do not take lightly. I am really looking forward to the upcoming tour with the band!"

Jim Matheos: "With the exception of a few years in the late 90s when he was AWOL, Frank has been an integral part of FW's live sound for 25 years, so his presence is going to be missed on the upcoming tours. At the same time, we look forward to working with Mike and we're all excited to finally be playing some new material."

The progressive metallers have headlining touring runs confirmed for October in Europe and November/December in North America, with further live activity to follow in 2014.

Source: fateswarning.com
Band profile: Fates Warning
Posted: 11.09.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 26 users
12.09.2013 - 04:18
thehondo
Both new songs sound fantastic! DT and FW both with new stuff. Will be a great fall for Prog heads \,,/
----
No time like the present
12.09.2013 - 10:59
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Again, awesome song, I can't wait to listen to the whole album
13.09.2013 - 00:54
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
contributor
Too bad about Frank, He is as much apart of FW as JM...
----
rekt

Hits total: 2331 | This month: 3