Metal Storm logo
Rhapsody Of Fire - Details About New Studio Album

After releasing the live album Live - From Chaos To Eternity, Italian symphonic power masters Rhapsody Of Fire announced, in July, their new studio album. Now the band revealed more details about what will be their 11th studio effort, the first without former guitarist and songwriter Luca Turilli.

The album will be named Dark Wings Of Steel and will be released on November 22nd in Europe and December 3rd in the USA via AFM Records. It has been produced by Alex Staropoli, which also composed the music, together with Manuel Staropoli and new guitarist Roberto De Micheli. Singer Fabio Lione wrote all the lyrics. The album, in classic Rhapsody Of Fire tradition, will feature a full orchestra with majestic choirs.

Dark Wings Of Steel will be released as CD, digipak and double-vinyl. The digipak and vinyl will also include a bonus track.

What are your expectations?

[Also thanks to Kallis Helmi for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Rhapsody
Posted: 12.09.2013 by R Lewis

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 152 users
12.09.2013 - 18:51
Enissa

Mmmm.. I'm curious to what this record shall sound with Luca Turilli, maybe it will be refreshing, though From Chaos To Eternity was awesome indeed!
12.09.2013 - 19:40
CWA

Written by Enissa on 12.09.2013 at 18:51

Mmmm.. I'm curious to what this record shall sound with Luca Turilli

Well, they officially came up with the worst album title from the lack of Luca's help. Hopefully the same is not reflected in the music.
12.09.2013 - 21:22
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by CWA on 12.09.2013 at 19:40

Well, they officially came up with the worst album title from the lack of Luca's help. Hopefully the same is not reflected in the music.

Very Excited for this! Yes this title is pretty damn shitty, but its possible that Luca never had much of a say in album naming so how can you pin this on him?

Though when it comes to instrumentation Luca's leaving will almost certainly have a big effect but maybe that's for the better as Chaos was only semi-enjoyable and IMO their worst album to date. I guess I would say I am cautiously hopeful for the new album, I have faith in the Staropoli brothers but without Luca it certainly is gamble...
----
pewpew.. gotcha
12.09.2013 - 21:45
Enissa

Yeah, it reminded me of Manowar somehow
12.09.2013 - 22:15
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
This album is VERY critical, it's their first without Luca, and it's their first after "The Dark Secret" saga ended. This is a huge turning point in their career and I can't fucking wait to see where it will lead them...
12.09.2013 - 22:25
Stabby
Account deleted

Written by Enissa on 12.09.2013 at 18:51

Mmmm.. I'm curious to what this record shall sound with Luca Turilli

Power Of The Dragonflame is a completely terrible title but it's my favorite album of theirs. We'll have to wait and see
12.09.2013 - 23:54
Wukk

I'd be interested to see if they pull a Stratovarius and totally reinvent themselves while still writing high quality power metal.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
13.09.2013 - 03:45
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
The plot thickens...
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
13.09.2013 - 04:58
mikeprado30

Hard to get something better than FCTE (IMHO their best one) but they are great musicians, in their hands is the band's fate.
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
13.09.2013 - 08:37
UnknownCheese

Alex's brother helped write the album, interesting. The guy plays flute, wonder if that had much influence in the writing.

Album title sucks. They could have literally used anything instead of "Steel" and it would have sounded better. Definitely has too much of a corny Manowar/shitty Wacken metal vibe.
13.09.2013 - 23:25
JohnDoe
Account deleted
The fact that the Holzwarth brothers (of Sieges Even fame) are in this band makes me cringe.
16.09.2013 - 02:26
Hyperion

OMG!!! I can't freaking wait!!! I think Luca Turilli's Rhapsody got a golden start with Ascending to Infinity (epic wise, cuz it was pretty soft for a "metal" album) but I am very exited to see what these guys come up with. I consider both Rhapsodies my favorite band(s) and hopefully RoF will balance epic and heavy and not turn too much to one side forgetting about the other like FCTE with was a pretty fast and not-epic album (except for the last song). I guess we'll see.
----
It wasn't long until they left their cave and wondered outside once more, amazed they realized that the world had not ended as they had fearfully believed during the night. In fact, the grass was greener, the air fresher and the sun had risen again.
18.09.2013 - 21:57
DieH@rd

YES! Give it to me, nao!

Luca made awesome album on its own, now Staropoli and Fabio need to prove themselves.
----
His is a name the world will never forget... He is Dargor!
-Rhapsody-

Hits total: 2700 | This month: 7